Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add "Console" as a stream tag. With the addition of all the new console players who came over from Mixer, I think a way to sort and discover console players would make it easier for everyone just starting out new.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As many of you know twitch has little to no discoverability so I considered ideas on how that could change. Engagement is a huge part of a strong community and this system would reward it. The idea came to me from the Pre Roll Ad function. Pre roll ads are the ads you encounter when entering a streamers stream and twitch has a way to temporarily turn them OFF. When you manually run an ad from the dashboard the Pre Roll Ads turn off for a designated amount of time based on the length of the ad you ran. So…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. During these tough times of pandemic with lot of travel restrictions, it would be great idea to promote IRL outdoor streamers who are providing an outlet of joy to viewers who are stuck in cities and countries stricken with covid-19. Please promote IRL streamers by having them on the main page. Its a category that has been marginalized and ignored ever since its introduction on twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add a gamedev category. Currently gamedev is bundled with science and technology, which shadows some of the new developers that I'd like to learn about. Having the oppurtunity to scroll through a directory dedicated for gamedev (be it programming, 3d asset creation, or level designing using ms paint), would greatly enhance many user's twitch experience.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I change the game and the activity of my stream quite regularly and it is becoming a nuisance to have to change those categories.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I know I'm probably a singularity, but I am starting off my live beekeeping twitch channel, which would greatly benefit from a more specific/custom tag. There are a small community of other people on twitch that also participate in beekeeping and would benefit from this. Thanks for any input or consideration!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add/create a data-tree style internal system to keep track of which games are part of which series and/or are remakes/ports/remasters of other games so that if someone wished to browse through, for example, all streamers playing any legend of zelda game, they could. This would also allow people to browse through, for example, specifically streamers playing Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue team as well as Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX, since DX is a remake of Red/Blue. This could increase traffic to streamers playing lesser-known or less popular games from a series since few people would be looking for…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add a Language Filter in Video Clip section. I want to Watch TLOUII videos and Don't know any language other than Hindi and English. It's filled with Videos from Russian, Spanish, French languages

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more languages to choose from in tags. To pick exact language instead of choosing Other

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In Music and Live Performance you cannot add a tag with your specific musical instrument, nor can you search the Music and Live Performance area for a specific instrument that you’re interested in seeing performed. I’d love to see Twitch add tags for instruments like drum set, guitar, piano, violin, etc. This will help viewers narrow their searches as well as allow streamers to more easily find others playing the same instrument.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I've logged into Twitch today to find my recommendations page filled with stuff in Spanish, Turkish, Russian and Korean. I speak none of these. It's also offering me a "while [channel name] is offline" section for a channel I don't even follow. Fix your stupid algorithm.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi,
    My name is Ludovic Iochem, I am in the senior management team of a Visual effects company called DNEG, multi Oscars winner Company.
    I am on twitch under the name : Keepcalmiminvfx
    I have been streaming for a couple of month and are slowly but surely building my community around a Discord Server counting more than 2800 after 3 months (the biggest VFX Discord available).

I am a friend of a few Twitch Streamer, also streaming Visual Effects related contents, review sessions and techniques demonstration like Hugo's Desk, AndrewHogdson3D, STFvfx, etc...
    More and more people from the Industry are coming…

334 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I found a channel that does hypnosis sessions to help with stress and relaxation and I feel that this channel isn't getting the attention it rightfully deserves. A certified hypnotist is doing free sessions to help people and they have to use just chatting. Can we get a hypnosis category or at the very least a tag?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. That you can see channels you are following on the start page at the spotlights and not random and famous channels. Maybe as a setting option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implement the existing sorting options found in the default Browse directories into the Following directory, to make it easier for people who follow a lot of channels to sort by "Recently Started" and "Viewers Low to High".

Additionally, the existing Tags-filtering feature could be useful in the Following directory as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More games have options to use mouse & keyboard or controller. And some games mix PC players with Consoles players it's easier to find and filtering streamers

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi, i’m Pier from Italy and i’ve two ideas for Twitch. I hope that i’ll not write things already known or stupid.

Do you think is possible a collab with Sony? It’ll be useful a link between the subs of a channel and the friends of a player (streamer) of PlayStation, in order to receive message or other only from them or something else. I see everyday streamers that’ll pay for a thing like this.

I’d like to realize a app where i can see the schedule of my favourite streamers and create a notify when he’s online with a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The discovery page lacks a "Play Random" feature. It might be fun and interesting to enter a random stream in a Category. It might help casual and new users find entertaining streams much easily and faster.
    The user that clicks on the button will be forwarded to a random stream in the previously chosen category. To find another stream the user will simply click on the same button that will appear on the header of the page.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently if you filter your results by language and select multiple languages it will show no results, since a stream can only have one language tag.

Instead it could show all streams that are in any of those languages.

e.g.: A filter with the tags "English", "German", "French", "Playing with viewers" would show All english, german and french streams with the "Playing with viewers" tag.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. this was probably thought of already, or suggested and shot down,

but what about adding sound to the Esports Directory, instead of having to navigate to the channel, enable sound on the Esports Directory so that I (and maybe others) can just from game to game and be able to listen to commentary.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?