Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For those of us who follow a lot of channels and for whatever reason aren't able to catch up on our favorite streamers, it would be nice to have a section on the front page where VODs are listed of recent streams we missed. It's hard to know who was online while you were away without going through every followed channel individually, but I think this can be streamlined.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. we hold tournaments for irl fishing streamers. and all we have right now is just chatting and travel outdoors. so folks have a hard time findings us since their really isnt a category for us.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hey All! I'm just wondering if anyone agrees with this, and hopefully will become a Site Feature.

Right... Twitch... Please... I'm loving the new changes you've put in Place with the most recent UI... but you're missing one thing.. Searching for titles. As meaningless as it sounds, it'd be a great feature.

For example if i went to twitch now and typed "Horror" in the search bar, only peoples past Vods would come up. Same for if someone went to go search up "[PC]".. wanting to watch a specific Platform.

Someone who's currently live with "Horror" in their title (Which…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase discoverability and browsability:

The discover page should feature a section with a continuous, hashtag filterable, clips section. In an internet browser ala Firefox there should be a possibility to hover to follow and/or like a clip without leaving the page and the possibility to click through to a user's page. The algorithm should focus on a mixture of fresh content, and popular content, and ideally "learn" from the users actions.

On the mobile app this should be the FIRST and only feature on the front page, with the hamburger menu or swipe action available for changing focus.

This would…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There are some, a few, or maybe more than I think- who stream just for fun.
    I would appreciate a tag "non-affiliate" or even a category for people like me so we, non-affiliates have a chance to be found and viewers know they are also people who stream just for fun.

I often feel like an alien when viewers come in and ask "Why no sub button?", "why no donations?", "Everybody likes money! Why the denial?" and they start to discuss about it when I explain it "It's just a hobby, I don't wanna feel I have to stream everyday…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It's really annoying when I try to add tags that obviously would fit to the game but twitch has predetermined ones for each game.

Even if you try to add an "open world" tag to a pretty obvious open world game twitch doesn't accept it. Instead the "Done" button transforms into a greyed out "Updating..." button and the window doesn't close.

Why can I even add these tags if twitch refuses to use the anyway?

Either the tags should be in the list at all depending on what game you choose or at least a warning message should pop up…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My idea is I want to know how to find people to collaborate with and where.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I wish Twitch had a feature which let you set your pronouns to appear in chat.
    People who have set their pronouns will have them appear next to their name in chat.

The chatter sets their pronouns in the badge-set up.

Big question is implementation.

• hovering over username will show it?

• or another line below or next to the username to say it?

• or are the gender specific signs enough?

The originator of that idea already made a quick version of the version that would show pronouns next to the chatter's username

https://twitter.com/edelhresvelg/status/1284526998237265920

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I love that we can follow categories now as it makes it much easier to find people playing specific games, but I'd love an option to get notifications when a stream goes live in a category we follow. For example, I follow all of the disgaea games and really like watching disgaea streams, but unless I'm constantly checking the following categories page I miss streamers that stream this game.

So I watch streamers that I'm not as interested in because I don't know that a streamer playing the game I want to watch is actually live.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The "Recommendations" are just channels I've already checked out and didn't follow. It's actually silly to then recommend them to me as I've already signaled that I'm not interested.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When viewing games, they should show LOCALIZED box art (Steam does this, for example).

Most Chinese flavors of box art (among other locales) will have a completely different name [and even completely different box art] than English: Localized names and box art me be unrecognizable to the alt locale.

This can be added to the dev dashboard where we normally swap box art.

Now that Chinese has surpassed English on Steam (and since Steam supports this feat, too), it may be a good time for Twitch to climb aboard.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. For the GTA-V category, since there is such a high focus on roleplay there, it would be cool to add the specific server you are playing on in the filters. Say like No-Pixel right now is the biggest. If plenty people play on a certain server, it has a chance to become verified and then you could add it to the list. Like how CS-GO has the map filter.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. With more people staying at home learning, and even for myself as I start school in August, I thought it would be kind of nice to have a category like "study buddies" where you could watch people study.

I think it would be great for streamers who want to talk out their subjects to an audience/see if their ideas make sense, or help them remember things.

This also gives the viewers ways to possibly improve their studying techniques and in turn learn more about the subject.

Or, if the person likes a quiet environment a viewer could be there just…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When looking for a streamer by category.
    We have to choose a game title.
    It's inconvenient to find a game without knowing the title of the game.

I stream horror games in the middle of the night in Japan.
    I do play some indie games that don't show up in the category
    New people can't find me and only my followers come to see me.

This makes it difficult for me to distribute only games that inevitably get viewers and the concept of playing horror games.

There will be viewers who want to see me play a horror game, or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi, I hope you can add a new language option for Bahasa Malaysia for streaming because we do have a lot of streamers from here but we get kinda buried under English section.

Even add a "Malaysian" / "Malaysia" tag to filters would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello Twitch,

Can we update the category cover image for "Just Chatting". I think it needs an overhaul, and I think this would look much better.

https://imgur.com/a/IU9Oo7n

https://imgur.com/a/P8UYF7Y

Regards,
    Hamatzu

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When looking for people to raid, it's hard to tell who uses exclusive chats like Sub-only or Follower-only. I think this could easily be fixed by adding a little icon or label that marks ALL streams that are follower-only, sub-only, or open to everyone when browsing for streams.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When looking for people to raid, it's hard to tell who uses exclusive chats like Sub-only or Follower-only. I think this could easily be fixed by adding a little icon or label that marks ALL streams that are follower-only, sub-only, or open to everyone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a browser tab for channels that follows you. And apply normal sorting behavior or even user selectable sorting options.

I believe it would be a great way to connect with other streamers and finding new friends.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. These categories are all part of the same games.

Neverwinter Nights:
    * Neverwinter Nights
    * Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
    * Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
    * Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker
    * Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide

There is also Neverwinter Nights 2:
    * Neverwinter Nights 2
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

Combining these categories would mean it would be much easier for viewers to find streams of the game they are looking for. The extra categories are just dlcs or an enhanced edition…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?