Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1302 results found

1. I've noticed that there is one streamer on the front page getting front page views and then everyone else is kind of hidden behind them, although they still count as being on front page, and it requires an intentional scroll that I personally don't do a lot of unless I get curious.

I do however idle on front page sometimes and I feel like this would help discovery slightly for those streamers who don't load on fp with the site but are still on front page technically...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add a ScamBaiter category to the IRL section.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The hype train tag has gone missing even if we have a hype train still going bring it back please

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd really love to see a City Builder or City Building. Strategy is too broad.

• Admin audit: Removed "tag" since the intent was to create a category. Custom tag can now be applied to address this as a tag.
    18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would really appreciate it if twitch added The Satanic Temple under the category of Faith and Spirituality.
    I'm kind of surprised that as of writing, the only faith represented is Christianity via The Salvation Army.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Trying to decide which variation on a tag to use can be guesswork in the current system. When entering a tag, the function should show similar tags in use and indicate in some way which tags are popularly used and/or searched, such as number of live streams with the tag. Platforms such as Twitter have a similar feature when entering a hashtag.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Muchos coreanos , chinos y latinos jugamos este hermoso juego ya que salio en el 2009 hasta su actualidad .

Por eso pido a soporte de twitch que cree esta categoría de juego , ya que hay gente que lo juega y transmite en categorías aleatorias sin poder poner la categoría en si .

Necesitamos que se cree esta categoría cuando antes por favor !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. See a list of all streamers I have followed in the past with the ability to sort by 'date of last stream', so I can unfollow inactive ones.

If you are going to put a limit on the number we can follow, we need a way to see them and unfollow any who are no longer producing content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The streaming functionality in the app was designed for IRL streamers in mind with the added ability to broadcast games from the device itself.
    However, this has a limitation where, if a user was at a physical venue playing arcade games that have been added to IGDB, they would be unable to pick them as the app limits the creator to use IRL based tags.

I believe it would be beneficial to creators to be able to search the complete game list from within the app in another menu. Currently creators that stream from public arcade venues are confused in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. why is "white" and "straight" not allowed as a stream tag? i feel that there is no issue with these terms and this is twitch actively being discriminatory towards people with these attributes. why also is "i hate men" allowed and "i hate women" not? this is backwards logic when you parade "inclusivity" for all who are not white, straight and male, what did they do to you? can we have a platform that is unbiased when it comes to politics and be inclusive for all and not just everyone who is progressive?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There are several tags that are banned, but which have equivalents that are not. These should be either all removed from, or all added to, the list of banned tags to make them consistent.

• 'Bisexual' and 'Asexual' are allowed, but 'Heterosexual' and 'Homosexual' are not.

• Likewise, 'Bi' and 'Ace' are allowed, but 'Hetero' and 'Homo' are not.

• 'Gay' and 'Lesbian' are allowed, but 'Straight' is not.

• 'Black', 'Asian', 'Hispanic' etc. are allowed, but 'White' is not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Seit dem letzten update kann man nicht mehr zb. nach „nur Deutsche“ Streamer suchen! Bitte wieder einstellen!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The removal of the previously pre-set list of tags to choose from was definitely not the way to go.

Having custom tags is great for a number of reasons such as having a niche/indie stream, but removing the preceding list and the ability to easily choose pre-determined tags only makes things unnecessarily inconvenient for people who were perfectly fine with the tags that were available before.

Now it adds just that much more time to setting up a stream by having to write every tag in its entirety. It also affects streamers who do things like speedruns because now they…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great if the search tags option had the "old" tags that have been updated for the new system still there and searchable via autocomplete. As it stands, there are no searchable tags by autocomplete (i.e. you have to input any tags manually to search for them). Also, the ability to use wildcards or the ability for the search to be inclusive of letters after what you've searched for would be great. As an odd example, if you searched for the "app" tag, the "apple" tag would also pop up.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I search for chess and the chess category doesn't show up, apparently this is a new feature and not a bug which sound real weird. I made a ticket and got told to post "my idea" here. I assume I'll be compensated for having the great of idea of a working search thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. With the new tag system, streamers can have up to 10 tags and can write custom tags, while the old system only allowed for 5 tags picked from a list. This a huge improvement, however this change also brought a lot of downgrades that overall makes the system less useful for streamers and viewers.

With the old system, a new streamer or viewer can type keywords and Twitch shows suggestions from the list of preset tags. For streamers, this helps them discover what they could do to make their stream stand out and know what viewers may search for. For…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I need automatic label translation!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Our "RetroAchievements" community is huge and many of us stream the games getting achievements in old one's games. The community programs emulators to have achievements (like finish the game, complete without dying... something like that). But it isn't "Just play retro" its different. Retro games can play casually, speedrunning, longplaying, first impress and other thing... but retroachievements is more than just play the games. If you create an category like that, many players will use the category to show their mastery game progression. I think many RAplayers will start to stream if it be created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please give us the option to have a space in formatting for custom tags, so they don't all appear as one word. As someone who is visually impaired, this is very difficult to read when multi word tags are not spaced out.

ie.
    CustomTags vs "Custom Tags"

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Either list our subbed channels at top of the "followed channel list" or highlight them. Now they just get buried beneath channels I only rarely watch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?