Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

653 results found

1. Dragonary is a game, and as such, anyone can play it, whether they have knowledge of cryptocurrencies/blockchain or not.
    The beta start in 06/28/2021.
    Its a game free to play and you not need to buy nothing to start.
    Playing you can mine to create new NFTs and more.
    With a simple google search you can find the main page for more details.
    Many people are waiting for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think that Streamers should be able to choose up to two categories at a time. For me personally, this would mean being able to choose both the ASMR category as well as the Stardew Valley category, as my stream is both of these things. Another example would be people who play retro games. They would be able to categorize their streams as both Retro and whatever game they may be playing.
    This way, you wouldn't have to sacrifice exposure by picking between two possible categories. There are games that people play that do not have a lot of followers.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch used to have categories for IOS gaming and Android gaming but they removed it.

I think you guys should put a mobile games category. Because you do have SOME mobile games accounted for but not all. I find myself having to use the just chatting category when I stream mobile games and it feels misleading. A mobile game category could cover bases really good for the game titles not up there like Love Island or Soul Ark.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There should be a category for people who want to learn how to use a specific program and/or get better at a game/subject. Such as fl studio or photoshop.

People can stop by leave advice, help with links or tutorials. Other streamers can stream tutorials or provide help to other streams live.

People who wanna help with what they know and get help from people who know what they're doing can meet in one place.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I play the Beta game called Kiraverse, website: https://kiraverse.game , and I would like to request it officially be added to the Twitch.tv Category List so I can properly categorize it when I stream it.

Thank you,
    R333LOAD

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently it's difficult to find certain kinds of creative works and it would be nice to add some of the major categories to help find exactly what I'm looking for.

Some of the most prominent ones I've noticed:

• Needleworking: Knitting, stitching, sewing, leatherwork, etc
    • Mechanical Keyboard: Assembly and modifications of mechanical keyboards
    • 3D Printing: Streaming their 3D printers or discussing them
    • Woodworking: Carvers, lathe, Guitar Makers
    • Metalworking: machining and forgers
    • 3D Design: CAD Design work and modeling
    • Model Makers: Lego, scale models, and miniatures

The Art Category could also be split up more:
    - Painting
    - Drawing/Sketching
    - Sculpting
    -…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Everytime I start up Monster Hunter: World to stream, even with my category already set to the right game, Games + Demo's decideds to forcefully try to steal content that isn't theirs as soon as the stream gets going, and then after the VOD ends up with 'Games + Demo's' as the category.. I had to delete a clip because I was unable to change the category and like **** if these theives(bugs), as far as I'm concerened, are going to be allowed to keep it, I'm that tired of seeing that category do this that's all they are to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Animal Cam
    Co-Working
    @work (Baker, Driver, etc.)
    Replays (it sucks, that replays appear in the first category you have streamed)
    React
    Roleplay (GTA, Arma, etc.)
    Fishing
    Interviews
    3D Printer

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hey there!

Thank you so much for reaching out about these categories. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware that we actually have an animal category now and co-working, roleplay, fishing, interviews, and 3d printer tags on Twitch. You can find out all the tags we have at Twitch here: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags

9. Add a game - "World of Warcraft Classic"

Hello'
    I would have liked to have added a game which I imagine must have already been requested.
    But since this is a completely different game than 'Retail' I would have really liked to be able to filter the category in question.

----- World Of Warcraft Classic -----

Is it possible to add this game?

Who has nothing to do with the current game in which some streamers are featured ?
    Please :relieved: :pray:

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Project FC to your Twitch category for an immersive journey into urban exploration gone wrong. Engage your viewers with the suspenseful storyline as Jack and Michael's adventure takes a dark turn in an abandoned restaurant. Navigate through chilling encounters with iconic characters like Fredbear, Spring Bonnie, Puppet, and Foxy, offering your audience a thrilling and suspenseful gaming experience.

The game's mix of puzzles, survival challenges, and uncovering mysteries creates an engaging atmosphere, making it a perfect fit for the Twitch community. Invite your viewers to join you in solving the puzzles, share their thoughts on the unfolding story, and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Subcategories for Fortnite.

With how many games are tucked into Fortnite now, this almost seems like it shouldn't even need to be suggested but here we are.

Many people don't like Battle Royale but are dabbling in Lego Fortnite or Save the World, and as a Twitch viewer, I don't want to sift through the 20183k people streaming a generic topic of "Fortnite."

Please separate the categories. This allows streamers to fine tune their content to the crowd they're seeking, which increases visibility for them and assists in searching for the content the viewer wants to see. Win win.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I know that a post for this has already been made, BUT...it didn't grab NEAR enough traction as it should have! Graphic Designers NEED their own category, because the Art category is WAY to broad to even get Graphic Designers the attention from viewers that surf the Art category! Very few people think of 'Art' when they think Graphic Design. PLEASE!!!! We need a change!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There's a category for every game but not ones more granular than "Science and Technology"?! An Electronics category would be one that could be broken out from this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When people have their birthdays their stream could be in a separate birthday section so that people can easily find them and say happy birthday. Could just be a small tag the same as like raid content is for example.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add the game Argent Saga to the game categories list.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think we should split Reaction Streamers from Just Chatting Streamers! I sometimes want to join a Just Chatting Stream to talk with people, but its hart to find, if 50% of the streams are Reaction-Streams.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Twitch Lectures for Students

In light of recent COVID-19, colleges have had to move lectures to online only. We have had to deal with problematic systems like zoom, both teachers and students dislike the quality and lack of security. I request that there be feature that allows verified students in a stream with verified teachers.

This would essentially act be a similar feature to sub-only streams, only difference is that this would have to be a free feature where students are the only people who can access that teachers stream, granted they are in that class. This would likely require…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Even if a channel is marked "mature," users can still see whats going on in the stream when browsing through Twitch. I would like a toggleable setting that allows users to hide the thumbnails or previews of streams marked as mature while browsing on Twitch for the sake of privacy and better compliance with ToS and Community Guidelines.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would really appreciate it if twitch added The Satanic Temple under the category of Faith and Spirituality.
    I'm kind of surprised that as of writing, the only faith represented is Christianity via The Salvation Army.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi,

I am finding the "retro" category to not be specific enough. If a streamer doesn't include the name of the game in their title, it can be tricky at a glance to see what their playing.

I think that it would be useful if a streamer could stream under "RETRO", "GAME NAME" and "PLATFORM" at the same time. So someone could have as categories (for example) "RETRO", "FINAL FANTASY VII" and "PLAYSTATION 1" or as another example "RETRO", "HALF-LIFE" and "PC" at the same time. That allows for a viewer to have more chances to find a stream. One…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?