Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. With a recent update, Twitch merged all remakes of games in the directory with its original game for whatever reason. Now remakes of popular franchises such as Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil, etc. are all fighting over visibility in the same directory. This is also a problem for remakes of games that have completely different names from its original game, such as Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land, the remake of Kirby's Adventure for NES released on GBA, who's directory is now completely gone because ????

I don't understand what the point of this change is. There was absolutely nothing wrong…

1,280 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As a Galician streamer I love to watch other galician streamers. But twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in Galego because I can't specify that I'm streaming in Galego. I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 3.000.000- 4 million people that speak galician because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Galician (Galego) language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only…

883 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I, alongside many other streamers broadcasting animation, noticed recent changes in Twitch — "Creative" was replaced with more specific terms in the creative industry, like Art, Culinary, etc...

Missing from this selection was "Animation", which many streamers, as myself, think differently from an Art as a "game", and it would be greatly appreciated, for both me and for other fellow animators, to have that as an option separate from "Art".

Also considering that Twitch's 2017 Animation Contest was held, it would make sense to have a game dedicated to all the animators that also stream on the platform.

756 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Every time I am trying to find a programming or game development stream to watch (which is a very specific type of stream) I get lost in all the growing plants and raising chickens 24/7 streams. While on the other hand there are a lot of programming and or game development streams that really deserve their own category. Being a part of the live-coders community I feel that splitting science & technology in a more granular way would benefit everybody. Both in terms of search-ability and clarity.

729 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be super lit to have an Indie category to play lesser-known games. Very often I'll try to stream an Indie game and it either wont be listed on Twitch or have 0 viewers. It would be beneficial to indie devs too to get their name/games out there.

673 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Twitch should be allowed to be a place not just for entertainment, but also for learning and education. People who wants to stream educational content are currently not allowed to participate on Twitch, unless they are artists or programmers. Twitch is one of the largest streaming services, and while there is plenty of educational material on the internet, there is a lack of interactive, free to use services for interactive classes. Twitch could become a fantastic plattform for students, teachers and groups who wants to learn in a more interactive environment, that they can't get with other learning resources on…

618 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ranging from writing and discussing novels, to poetry, scripts, comics, article editing, tabletop campaign planning, world creation, etc. There are a wide array of people doing various forms of creative writing on twitch, (Counted 53 channels so far, still working on finding more) and often it's hard to decide between "Creative" "Art" or "Just Chatting". Currently all we have to search for similar content is the "Writing" tag, which some of the broader definitions are hesitant to use, and is also used by people writing computer code, which is honestly a very different type of content despite it's visual similarities.

377 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hi,
    My name is Ludovic Iochem, I am in the senior management team of a Visual effects company called DNEG, multi Oscars winner Company.
    I am on twitch under the name : Keepcalmiminvfx
    I have been streaming for a couple of month and are slowly but surely building my community around a Discord Server counting more than 2800 after 3 months (the biggest VFX Discord available).

I am a friend of a few Twitch Streamer, also streaming Visual Effects related contents, review sessions and techniques demonstration like Hugo's Desk, AndrewHogdson3D, STFvfx, etc...
    More and more people from the Industry are coming…

323 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recently, I've tried new content at my stream. I was reading for my viewers different books and received a good feedback from them. I think that if "Food" and "Creative" exist, "Reading" might also get it's own popularity.

228 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. For years, the "I Wanna Be The Guy" category on Twitch has been the main hub for the original game along with its 10k+ fangames. There have been increasingly more categories added to Twitch for various fangames, and it only stands to divide the category for an already relatively small community.

I would like to request that the "I Wanna Be the Guy" category is renamed to "I Wanna Be The Guy + Fangames" and that the following games be removed from Twitch (and the followers migrated to the new category if possible):

I Wanna Be The Boshy
    I Wanna…

212 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. For the entirety of the time on Twitch, speedrunners and casual gamers alike have had numerous bouts of confusion over the shared category that these two very different games hold in unison. Due to this, many people have entered streams of one game expecting the other, and it has been a nuisance for several marathons. We are asking that the 16-bit Genesis title from 1991 be separated from the Xbox 360/PS3 title from 2006, with different cover art so that people can clearly understand which game is which.

172 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A recent change to the IGDB classified Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Switch as a 'version' of Monster Hunter Generations for the 3DS - removing the Generations Ultimate directory entirely from Twitch.
    This is a problem for quite a few streamers and viewers alike as the games provide entirely different and expanded experiences from one another, and viewers might search out someone playing the 3DS base game as opposed to the expanded iteration for the Switch that came later on.

Most people playing either of these entries today are streaming "Generations Ultimate" for the Switch. It's a game that…

148 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Virtual Reality discovery is limited on Twitch. Indie titles are spread across multiple categories, with arguably the only unified VR category being Beat Saber.

Since 2016, the VR playerbase has increased by approximately 30% per year on Steam alone, this does not take into account the million+ headsets sold by Oculus-Facebook, Sony, and users on their respective platforms during this time. (Source: https://www.vrlfg.net/Charts)

We are proposing a general Virtual Reality category to support all VR titles, from Half: Life Alyx to Pavlov VR to the smallest and newest VR indie titles.

145 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add custom level category for an increasing community of players that are streaming custom made games or levels such as TRLE levels (tomb raider level editor/ trle.net). Could also apply to other games with custom maps/mods etc.

There is a steadily increasing audience for these levels and it is detrimental to the streamer to have to set the game as "tomb raider the last revelation" most of the time, purely because this is the engine used, but not actually what is being streamed. People will open the stream for tomb raider 4 but leave when its not actually tomb raider…

145 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Super Monkey Ball category was removed from Twitch after the platform's switch from Giant Bomb to IGDB. As IGDB classes it as a sub game of the original Monkey Ball (and the Admins being unwilling to change this) Super Monkey Ball has been removed from the Twitch game directory. As a result, streamers playing the previously popular game are now using categories with far less visibility (Monkey Ball/Games + Demos) or flat out wrong categories (such as Super Monkey Ball 2). All VODs previously streamed under the defunct category have been moved to Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz or…

117 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Would love to see a comeback of the "Game Dev" category since I see a lot of game devs (in science and tech and art) currently starting to blow up. Im sure they would appreciate a category dedicated to them. This includes, any art, animation, coding, level design and anything else that people do for a game! I'm sure it would motivate new game devs to stream on twitch vs going to a different platform to stream! Just a suggestion, please vote if you think this is a good idea!

115 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I noticed certain games like pokemon people always stream under the most recent game so people can more easily find pokemon streams of any pokemon game. Instead any games in a franchise should have a category for said franchise that shows all the streams for a game of a certain franchise. This way someone can stream under Pokemon Red/Blue and another person can be streaming under Pokemon Black/White and both streams would show up on the Pokemon Franchise Category. This would be the case for all other major franchises like Mario, Zelda, Call of Duty, etc.

110 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It would be great if there could be a pop-up appear for viewers when opening a stream that shows them the details of any content warnings for the stream's selected game category.

There are an increasing number of games that contain content and/or trigger warnings for players at the start of the game, which is great. However, they are generally only displayed at the beginning of the game and not shown again after. If a viewer is exploring Twitch and opens a stream after the initial content warning has been displayed in the game they don't get to see it.…

100 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently there are 6+ categories covering Flight Simulation.

Microsoft Flight Simulator
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X
    Lockheed Martin Prepar3d
    Xplane 11
    Infinite Flight
    Flight Simulator
    Flight Simulation.

All these categories cover the same games and should be merged into one category (Flight Simulation) rather than have them fractured.

59 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add a category outside of Art/Just Chatting for photographers and editors. There is a rapidly growing number of editors and photographers who have very helpful content, tutorials, and ideas that don't directly fit into "Art" or "Just Chatting".

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?