Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It is hard enough finding trans representation in our daily lives. With the LGBTQIA+ tag, one still needs to browse through channels and spend time in them to find trans streamers. A "trans" tag would help people searching for these communities.

5,136 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

643 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As promised – just checking in to let you all know that we haven’t forgotten you. We still do not have anything to share, but the team is reading all of your feedback to take into consideration. Thank you all for your continued patience!

2. The rise of the VR industry and the relatively new phenomenon of Virtual Streamers and Virtual Youtubers has made impact on sites like Twitch as well. There is a very large (800+ and growing) community of streamers on twitch who use a virtual avatar combined with face tracking software to use instead of webcams. VR is already a tag, but it would be nice to distinguish this category for those who use avatars and may play the role of a character. (like HoloLive, for example) It's not much different than having Anime as a tag, for example.

Thank you very…

1,571 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys!

I just wanted to add some context for tags on this thread.

I myself am an avid vtuber fan and we super appreciate this feedback. It’s definitely something we take to heart and know the community wants.

As far as a tags go they are aimed at the stream and the content of the stream and not aimed towards the streamer.

You can more context on tags here https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/guide-to-tags?language=en_US

3. Many people in the world i believe mostly at least bilingual, or even rarely some people speak Trilingual and Multilingual, so in the dashboard let us for streamers to choose what language are we broadcasting. For example "English" and "Chinese or "Korean" and "English" or even rarely maybe? "English" + "Korean" + "German"

225 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disabled gamers often face more or different hardships than abled streamers do. There are so many amazing users on Twitch who are disabled, and they deserve a "disabled" tag. Disabled streamers need a way to find each other and weave our communities together, and disabled viewers need a way to find streamers they want to watch and connect with.

205 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I wish Twitch had a feature which let you set your pronouns to appear in chat.
    People who have set their pronouns will have them appear next to their name in chat.

The chatter sets their pronouns in the badge-set up.

Big question is implementation.

• hovering over username will show it?

• or another line below or next to the username to say it?

• or are the gender specific signs enough?

The originator of that idea already made a quick version of the version that would show pronouns next to the chatter's username

https://twitter.com/edelhresvelg/status/1284526998237265920

159 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When switching category to a game that gives an epilepsy warning, could the auto-tag system also add in an "Epilepsy Warning" tag to be able to filter through.

135 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I think no one use the Map filter on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive channels.
    Filter by language I think it's the best solution for all streamers. (Like all other games)

121 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be great to have Belarusian language (would be written as "Беларуская") as one of the available options in "Stream Information".

No translation of the platform is not asked for, only the language to filter streams by.

Thanks in advance!

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In my experience, few viewers actually remember whether they got the Mature Content warning when they first joined a channel.
    In addition to the existing Family Friendly tag, a tag to mark channels with an age rating and allowed behaviours would be highly useful as a constantly present reminder and a quick way to double check what topics might be appropriate.
    Example tags: Adult Topics, Swearing Allowed, 16+

Ideally there would be a way to set a default tag to apply, but also a way to change the tag for events like co-streams where one might have a different rating…

51 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. With the growing use of gaming as therapy for many combat veterans, there is a growing subculture of veterans on Twitch as well as other streaming platforms. In order for us to find our brothers and sisters in arms, this would be a great addition to the tag listings.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Went to stream and usually I will use Blind Playthough to note that a game i'm playing for the first time. This does two things, first I personally like to watch people who are experiencing a game for teh first time, and relive the journey i had through them. Second, It lets my audience know that I'm exploring a game at my own pace, and thats part of the journey and for them not to backseat game.

So its weird to me the sudden removal of it, When its probably one of the more useful ones.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Flow Arts": As the current world condition has taken us from previous live festivals and performance, many Flow Artists and Dancers are turning to virtual and broadcasted live performances of their talents. Traditionally, we as dancers, hula-hoop performers, jugglers, poi spinners and other similar disciplines, have had to gravitate towards the "Music & Performance Art" category. (With no specific tag identifying us as with Flow Artists, nor dancers). Now that Twitch has adjusted back to "Music" as the original category, we have migrated to "just chatting"; it doesn't really identify our community at all, among others that actually do feature…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More games have options to use mouse & keyboard or controller. And some games mix PC players with Consoles players it's easier to find and filtering streamers

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We need a "safe space" tag, so that LGBTQ+ viewers can find LGBTQ+-friendly channels, without allies having to use the LGBTQIA+ tag, which jumbles everyone together. Without this tag, allies don't have a clean way to signal their inclusivity.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There are some, a few, or maybe more than I think- who stream just for fun.
    I would appreciate a tag "non-affiliate" or even a category for people like me so we, non-affiliates have a chance to be found and viewers know they are also people who stream just for fun.

I often feel like an alien when viewers come in and ask "Why no sub button?", "why no donations?", "Everybody likes money! Why the denial?" and they start to discuss about it when I explain it "It's just a hobby, I don't wanna feel I have to stream everyday…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In Music and Live Performance you cannot add a tag with your specific musical instrument, nor can you search the Music and Live Performance area for a specific instrument that you’re interested in seeing performed. I’d love to see Twitch add tags for instruments like drum set, guitar, piano, violin, etc. This will help viewers narrow their searches as well as allow streamers to more easily find others playing the same instrument.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow viewers to flag a stream's tag as misleading or incorrect, and remove it. For example, a lot of people use the 12 Hour Challenge tag to mean "I'm streaming for a long time today", when in fact the 12 Hour Challenge is a challenge I designed specifically for the purposes of learning a speedrun in 12 hours or less. It sucks when a tag designed for an event I created is used by your typical Valorant and League streamers to flood the results page with irrelevant content.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If a streamer is multilingual then multiple languages should be accessible to ensure all applicable viewers are being reached. This will help both streamers and viewers to connect. My suggestion would be add the languages; even if it is the most widely known languages as a tag to choose from on the list. One language will be the primary on the account as it currently is and the second language will be a tag; such as Play with Viewers, mindfulness, etc.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make a tag for Kpop, it is overdue. Twitch even got three Kpop groups to perform for Twitch Stream Aid: (G)I-DLE, Monsta X, and Stray Kids, but there is still no Kpop Tag!!!!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I have absolutely no control over this, but I can say I 100% agree.

we need more kpop platform on the platform and we should welcome them with a tag!

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?