Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I am streaming from Bangkok. Every day at 10pm Bangkok time I get very low bitrates for about 1 - 2 hours. Is there any problem with the server around that time?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In my broadcasts, not all video quality settings are opened, only 720p 60 fps is opened. How can I fix this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transcodes / Bitrate  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You could consider separating the video quality settings from audio quality settings, since audio quality is far more important than video for some content.
    There are Music and Performance streams and such where we're interested in listening to the sound more that looking at text / faces / fine details.

• New show hosts frequently receive advice to invest in buying better audio equipment to improve audio quality before looking to buy more expensive cameras. This is because people will tolerate bad video in a show much more than bad audio (although 160p is still kinda bad).

• I've listened to several…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Disable video and only listen like mobile works

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For many people like me, when you have a bad internet connection and have Twitch on auto quality, it tends to jump to the highest resolution whenever you get more download speed, making the stream buffer when it goes back down. If there was a way to limit the quality to 480p instead of 720p while still being on auto quality and switching between resolutions, it'd not buffer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A way to reset or reset the video when it freezes without refreshing the whole page and losing the chat. This is especially important to moderators who might have to keep an eye on the chat but also need to refresh a frozen twitch video. Frankerfacez had a feature but it is lost with the new highwind player.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. About a week ago all the videos look like crap quality as if it was in 144p and no matter if I choose a better quality it still stays bad! Please help cause' this is the only place I watch Smite and can't see it correctly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please actually update the android and iOS streaming to chromecast/device options. I'm watching a chill stream and its literally 240/360p for most of the time im sending to device even if they're standing completely still while grabbing a drink, its absolutely embarrassing a company of your size and supposed coding expertise can't figure out how to make "supported apps" run at a half decent resolution.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I press spacebar go in or out of fullscreen , that must be maked only with "F" key. Spacebar must be paused the video but doesn't works.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I just stream 1hr ago and its not showing up and I stream like an 1 from now nothing show up?? Can you please fix?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Az elmúlt időszakban használhatatlan a platform, akármilyen adatsebességgel is próbálok a platformon tartalmat fogyasztani, legyen az mobil vagy teljesen más szolgáltatótól származó optikán érkező vonal, az ádásokat csak 360p és az alatti minőségben alacsony késletetést kikapcsolva válok nézhetővé, de amúgy ahhoz is gratulálnék, hogy a probléma jelentéshez külön regisztrálni kell máshol.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As I got informed by my ISP you changed provider locally for content distribution some weeks ago. Since that all the streams are laggy, buffering, stopping etc.. Using VPN would solve the issue but that shouldn't be a must have to watch streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Every time an ad loads, the site locks and I can't watch a stream. Every time I watch a stream at anything more than 480p, it pauses and buffers for no reason. This doesn't happen on any other platform that does livestreaming.

I frankly think it's ridiculous that my PC can run DOOM Eternal at 100+fps on max settings but I can't watch a livestream at full resolution without constantly missing out on what's going on because of buffering issues.

My Internet speed is more than adequate, and my hardware is well above what should be the minimum required. It…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it so the player doesn't keep crashing. After almost every crash, restarting the player will then rerun all of those useless ******* ads too. Stream may stay up for a minute or so to run the ad, then promptly crash once in the stream for less than 20 seconds only to repeat the process multiple times before it will finally run for an hour or two before crashing yet again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a streamer configurable delay from when stream is ended in software until stream ends on the website. It is already possible in some way as disconnection protection exsits but it would allow streamers to change ingest servers while they're live if one is currently experiencing issues.

Essentially just expand disconnection protection to all scenarios. If Twitch detects no feed, give us time to come back even if it is a delieberate disconnection. You can currently get lucky and see the NotLikeThis error screen when you disconnect normally and switch ingests but I'd like to see it be controlled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It is super annoying when the stream I watching stops after every 10 seconds on 1080p. I have to watch it on 720p. It is just twitch. No other site has this problem on internet speed I have, I even watch 4k videos on youtube.
    (From India)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Since I only stream for 4 hours a week, I'll never see Partner in my future. However as an affiliate, we are not always guaranteed a transcodeable stream. I know I have viewers that can not even handle the 720P stream I'm pushing, but I don't want to bump my overall stream setting down for 2-3 viewers, leaving the other 100 with a lesser experience. Since I'm not in this for monetizing, I would welcome the ability to "purchase" the ability to transcode my streams with guaranteed ability like Partners have.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding transcoding options for streamers, departed by tiers as in

Tier 1 Non-affiliated, affiliated but non-partnered, transcoding up to 720p h.264

Tier 2 Affiliated transcoding up 1080p h.264

Tier 3 Partnered transcoding up ton 1440p with higher scaled upload bandwith, utilizing h.265 or HVEC

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?