Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Your video player spikes my cpu useage every few seconds while desktop is idle. I have an i5 9600k and that should be more than enough. Browsers already have a use hardware acceleration where available option. You could default yours to hw acc off if you wanted to, but please give us the option to be able to change this setting or let the browser setting switch it. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch’s audience has multiplied in numbers since the Covid pandemic but the transcoding has increased to only higher transcoding rates. It has gotten worse for rural areas. Look to provide lower options more often.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Affiliates need quality options as a staple.
    As a trade-off, Only partners can stream at 1080p

Limit affiliates to 720p30 this will lighten the load on the overall bandwidth needed, allow more people to watch when they live in poor speed zones, it will also add a nice little perk for partners.

As an affiliate, I just started and stoped the stream until I got the options..
    I would have been happy with 720p30

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give viewers an option to change what resolution they watch a stream on EVERY channel, someone that is forced to watch a stream at 1080p but keeps buffering will go watch a channel that allows them to watch the stream at lower resolutions,(Which only partners channels can) bigger streamers will grow but smaller streamers lose viewership and will grow at a slower rate

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. twitch should have india servers without them the live stream buffer and twitch should invite streamers so they can attract india's audience

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add a server to the MiddleEast, because I have a very fast internet but still I can’t stream on a good or average streaming quality!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I think it's stupid to not give everybody the possibility to choose which video quality have to watch his/her favourite streamer.
    Best regards,
    Tibermlg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Website updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You should provide more quality options for the smaller Twitch channels as well as non-partnered channels. Right now, you can only have more quality options if you are a streamer with a high amount of viewers or a Twitch Partner. This means that the quality is stuck on "Source" and cannot be altered whatsoever. This needs to be changed. I am on a Chromebook and I can't watch a whole 1080p60/30 or 720p60/30 quality stream without the stream constantly buffering every few seconds. When it stops buffering, it 'plays' the stream for about a few more seconds before it starts…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. it would be novel if my stream for AC Valhalla that had 4 viewers as a start had enough bitrate that they didn't run for the hills because it was un viewable!!! This is not an isolated issue for smaller streamers either!!! No its not my internet I have Fiber so I have plenty of headroom on network since I alone use it. Fix it twitch small streamers deserve a fair shake!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Me gustaría que se guardara todo mi directo ya que queda bastante mal y desincronizado el audio y video

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello, I live somewhere where the internet speed/mbps is low. Some of the people that I follow have streams are in 720 only or greater which causes the receiving transmission on my end to buffer and lag often. I mostly just want to listen, so having an audio only or video toggle would be nice.

tldr: it could be implemented, excluding advertisements of course .. a toggle for video or at least an option for low res so that those of us with lower bandwidth can listen without choppy or broken interception.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When tabbing out, there is a "feature" to reduce resolution, but causes the stream to stutter, pause, and skip around when coming back to normal when the video is tabbed out, or in the background. Please allow us to turn off this "feature" tabbing out to do moderation, or check on something then missing something that happened, like an alert, or action in the game is a terrible "feature" when the stream tries to catch up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently Low Latency mode supports Chrome and Firefox on desktop, which are two of the top three most popular web browsers.

This idea is to propose expanding this capability to a wider array of browsers, namely beginning with Chromium based web browsers e.g. Brave, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi etc. since these already have close compatibility with the existing Chrome framework. As well as additional large market share browsers such as Safari and Opera.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Not sure why but i see a big differance on CPU usage from the www.twitch.tv and player.twitch.tv

The www.twitch.tv is from 20% to 40%. Jumps all the time.

player.twitch.tv: 10% to 15%. Much of the time is 10%

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put a box that when people tie a message to the player and they can read it on screen stay on the phone and fix the bugs cuz mine will not work with a mic and the camera

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow us to set the buffer on a per stream basis, say to 6.33s. The video player would slightly speed up or slow down to compensate. Since the buffer fluctuates constantly, maybe over a 5 second average.

This would be useful mainly for syncing multiple streams and keeping them in sync.

I know this is already possible and very straight forward since the player already speeds up high delay streams. It simply needs to read the current buffer and adjust accordingly.

This is such an easy thing to implement and would reduce the frustration of out of sync streams completely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sometimes when using the play/pause media key on my keyboard to restart playback on a paused video, the video will play but the large play button (the triangle in a circle in the center of the video) with the semi-opaque gray overlay will remain on the screen. Clicking on this button removes the overlay, but completely negates the ease of using the media keys.

I am using the latest version of Chrome, though this issue has persisted for several versions now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. it would be nice if I could turn the resolution of the Clipping tool down. Right now, it is lagging because it is on 1080p and my Laptop is not the best. This would make that the Tool also runs smoothly for weak Laptops and PCs. The final uploaded clip will be in full resolution.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?