Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Hi Twitch!

I'm certain y'all know about this problem already, but I wanted to tack on some details in case it might help along with solutioning.

Since COVID-19, DJs all flocked to streaming, many of them on Twitch. Low Latency Mode is creating jarring pitch bends that most DJs nor their listeners know about. Savvy listeners think the DJ is just doing a bad job. Even non-savvy listeners can tell something's not right. But DJ's have no idea that this is happening; even if they enable past broadcasts, their VOD won't have this problem. When listeners point this problem out,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Theres everything from .25x to 2x, and sometimes 2x is just a tad too fast to comprehend, 1.75x would be perfect.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi! We are in desperate need of more Ingest Servers in Brazil (and maybe South America). Specially decentralizing it from São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro since there are alot of people that are getting dropped frames from other states. We have a large community of both streamers and viewers and need those options, specially the partners that are having trouble streaming lately!

Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My internet is not that bad, but it spikes alot, so i tend to watch on medium to high. But with this autosetting, when i dont have spikes for 15 seconds it gives Source quality and instantly after fist spikes it goes into buffer and sometimes it even loads ad after buffering

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. For example I want source quality graphics but limit my framerate to 30 fps. It will make the video run smoother but not have to look at grainy graphics

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We all know that AVC has issues with efficiency an HEVC is basically dead.
    A more modern codec would not only be great for streamers and high definition content, it would also potentially reduce the load on the servers.

Benefits with AV1:
    - It's open source so no license costs like HEVC
    - It's much more efficient than AVC and even HEVC

Benefits of Opus:
    - Basically the same as AV1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. this would allow video quality options to spread out more evenly rather than just the 5 100K streamers. i would prefer either, but if 720p was reserved as the middle man for anything above 1080p that'd be great thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ads loop, often 5+ times (especially on /cristianes2), appear almost immediately after starting the stream. Also if the stream is manually paused at some point (even if not during an ad), unpausing too often results in an ad within a minute or two.
    There are other streams on which I get no ads.
    (Also the same ad should never been played twice in succession, surely, as it just encourages people to be angry at the advertiser)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why does quality selection always hang?? MAYBE with live streams it's understandable but watching VODS and I can't change the quality? It's stuck at 144p and your stupid fucking gear just keeps spinning without actually doing anything. I have no idea how twitch is so popular when the thing it revolves around, THE VIDEO PLAYER, is absolute shit. Jesus Christ.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. During a live stream, could a viewer please choose any of the video statistics under Settings > Advanced > Video Stats, and have only that statistic pinned somewhere on the screen? In my mind it would show up like a running FPS counter in a video game, without having to keep the entire blocky chunk of Video Stats cutting off a huge section of the stream's video (and sometimes the streamer's webcam). For example I find myself constantly checking the "Latency to broadcaster" statistic whenever I watch any stream. I always want to know the delay between what I see…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restart the player fast and remember the chat history if a playback/stream crashes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When downloading a highlight video with multiple sections, the file that is exported or whatever is corrupted at certain sections. Please fix!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My idea is the possibility to select en "HIGHEST quality preference when auto quality mode is active" in order to reduce the number of times it tries to get to a higher quality but my connexion CAN'T follow the flux OR to reduce my flux when my stream raid another one.

The goal is to:
    1) reduce the risk of buffering
    2) automatically reduce bandwith consumption (it can't get higher than 480p for example) when i don't need more and i'm too far to reduce it [ecological measure]

Most of the time i look games which don't need HIGH quality…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The video player will buffer causing a long "Latency To Broadcaster" when the streamer has intermittent connectivity issues. For desktop streamers this is usually not a problem. This is a nuisance for viewers watching IRL streamers who are streaming on less reliable mobile connections. Who wants to watch a stream where the "Latency To Broadcaster" is over 30s? or even 10s?

I have to open the "Video Stats" menu with every stream I watch to keep an eye on the "Latency To Broadcaster" to make sure I'm not too far behind the live stream. Nothing wrong with my internet connection.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Start playing nice with VPNs. I use a paid VPN and I am constantly being disconnected from the chat and missing out on chat logs. The video also randomly disconnects. I watch other streaming services and this does not happen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. About a week ago all the videos look like crap quality as if it was in 144p and no matter if I choose a better quality it still stays bad! Please help cause' this is the only place I watch Smite and can't see it correctly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Whenever I alt-tab or switch tabs on Chrome (Win7 x64) I get a 30 second disconnect with a purple screen telling me to watch from twitch.tv
    For example, if I have two streams open, the one which isn't focused will get intermittent disconnects. My browser is updated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Website updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It's been a few weeks since Twitch changed how stream quality auto changes based on whether the tab is in the current tab/window or not. This change automatically lowers the quality of streams to 480p (or lower) for streams not in the current tab, and when the stream is tabbed back into focus it does not always resume the originally selected quality.

This is affecting multiple browsers, with or without extensions, so this is seems very much a Twitch end feature to lower data use.
    This change however has resulted in some issues:
    -More buffering
    -Streams hanging/pausing when tabbed out …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. FIX The video download was cancelled. Please try again. (Error #1000) ERROR

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?