Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

183 results found

1. I've been streaming for a year now, and still don't know what settings I'm able to use as someone that isn't affiliated. Can I stream at 1080p, or will it not downscale? etc. Once I get affiliated does anything change? or do I have to wait until I'm a partner? It's really vague and ur current setting site just doesn't help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make the automatically minimized player (when you go from a Channel to a Category) resizable. By default it's 200px x 117.5px in size, in-resizeable. Make it resizable. By allowing to drag it from the top right corner.
    Set a max size as well. For example 640x320.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Guys during livestreams there are often bandwidth issues, so basically you have to accept really ****** quality & interrupts to stay live. For some events though I totally would not mind being 10 minute delayed or so in order to have the stream preloaded and available in good quality and sacrificing real time. Such a feature would be great. Also when rewatching videos - the download should continue when the pause button is pressed or should not reload when you jump back in time - it is a pitty that you can't really watch high quality videos, because the player…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Up the bitrate Twitch. We have 4k60 consoles and PCs that can run 4k120, theres zero reason why bandwidth should be limited by anything other than the streamer's ISP. If I have 1GBPS, I should be able to stream a 65000KBPS stream in 4k, practically eliminating artifacts. In addition, transcoding should be a ubiquitous feature. This would only serve to bring actual high quality content to anyone who has the desire to consume it. These artificial limitations are absurd, especially since YouTube has made massive endroads here.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Your video player spikes my cpu useage every few seconds while desktop is idle. I have an i5 9600k and that should be more than enough. Browsers already have a use hardware acceleration where available option. You could default yours to hw acc off if you wanted to, but please give us the option to be able to change this setting or let the browser setting switch it. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Twitch video seems to be decoding on my 3D cores and video decode consecutively. AMD Radeon VII. This is a problem beginning in the middle part of this year 2020. While playing Scar Citizen load seems to begin shifting between the 3D cores and video decode. Video decode should never touch my 3D cores or I should have an option in my settings to set stream decoding to "Video decode only!" Performance was perfect before now streams are prone to studders and freezing when my GPU is under heavy load.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Restart the player fast and remember the chat history if a playback/stream crashes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is already a feature on Chrome but I don't see it working on Firefox.

On Chrome, when you have a stream playing in another tab and that tab is not focused for some time, the video quality is automatically reduced to save bandwidth and when you go back to the stream tab, the quality goes back to normal.

This doesn't happen on Firefox though. It might be a browser limitation but it would be great if the Twitch folks took a look at this.

Firefox users deserve dynamic quality switch too :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We just need one Indian server , we all are streaming from Singaporean servers and its really frustating to get lags just because of it.

I really hope you're working on it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The video quality other than the (Source), the quality is really bad.

The source is: (720p 60fps) avc1.640020,mp4a.40. than is really good
    If I switch to (720p 60fps) (Non Source) avc1.4D401F,mp4a.40.2 the quality is really bad and the same for others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add all presets for nvenc encoding. for example max quality encoding on Nvidia NVENC. Would be nice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would be happy in the future if the server capacity in Berlin, Kiel, Bremen, Rostock and Hamburg is increased, as there are increasing problems with the video output of the streams!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch has been a great stream platform to use, but lately on Windows 10, that has not been the case. Every video I try to stream, it causes each game to run poorly. What's so strange, is that once I'm no longer streaming, the game runs smoothly.

Then, if I'm not playing the game, then my Twitch has great quality.

Is anyone else experiencing such issues? It wasn't always like this, I streamed a lot a some weeks ago, and everything seemed fine.

I hope that there is a resolve for this. I try to submit bug reports, and it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We all know that AVC has issues with efficiency an HEVC is basically dead.
    A more modern codec would not only be great for streamers and high definition content, it would also potentially reduce the load on the servers.

Benefits with AV1:
    - It's open source so no license costs like HEVC
    - It's much more efficient than AVC and even HEVC

Benefits of Opus:
    - Basically the same as AV1

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Nach viel ausprobieren habe ich endlich die Lösung gefunden, Codec von AMD kommt bei Twitch mit 60 FPS es nicht klar somit überlastet die Software und man kann nicht mehr Streamen, also lieber auf 30 FPS oder gleich x264 Codec verwendet. Also, wenn ihr auch dieses Problem habt, hoffe konnte euch helfen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Similarly to what YouTube does, I'd like to see an option to watch a 16:10 content without the black bars. Either auto-switch or manually.
    There are a lot of us who have such monitors and having to play windowed or at full-screen mode at lower resolution only to avoid the side black bars on Twitch, is not comfortable.
    Cheers!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prevents unnecessary blur from the filtering applied when resizing the video. Great for retro game streamers using integer scaling.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?