Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

183 results found

1. to decrease the overall bandwidth cost

You could increase the bitrate for partners at 15000
    keep the same limit of bitrate for the affiliate at 8000

and for a new channel put it at 15000 for a limited time (in condition to have regular viewership and people talking in chat)

and having regular viewer being able to boost the channel popularity with channel points was also really good !

you also can reduce the maximum quality for new streamers to 720p 30fps
    and unlock the vod feature only for affiliate and partners but propose to link a youtube account for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As much as every other platform not just Twitch the lack of information for those who stream at other aspect ratios rather than 16:9 is lacking to non-existing.

It would be nice to have more support for those content creators who do not follow the standard.

The best example would be in my case is when streaming at 1080p my stream width is 2560 and not 1920.
    This effect the stream in ways that sometimes it shows and sometimes it's just a black screen (Reported by viewers)

Better support for other aspect ratios rather than 16:9
    Better docs to support…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's extremely annoying to have videos and streams that haven't been specifically selected to just start playing when accessing the site home page or visiting a channel.
    Add an EASY TO LOCATE toggle so these auto play options are PERMANENTY disabled.

I come here to watch what I CHOOSE to watch, and NOT what ever garbage you want to pollute my eyes and ears with.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Santiago and Buenos Aires servers are with low performance. not able to reach 6000kbps. Tested with several ISP and none hits 6k and red light are on while streamin. This came like a week ago. Before that everything worked fine, i think you're limiting speed. The are working worst than brazilian servers that are miles and miles away, While Santiago server is like 80 miles away works awful

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please actually update the android and iOS streaming to chromecast/device options. I'm watching a chill stream and its literally 240/360p for most of the time im sending to device even if they're standing completely still while grabbing a drink, its absolutely embarrassing a company of your size and supposed coding expertise can't figure out how to make "supported apps" run at a half decent resolution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Korean users are using ttv lol to watch in 1080p quality.

Other users bypass it and watch it in 1080p quality, but I don't know why the 720p limit was set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. in the past, streams runs perfectly on desktop with no latency. now streams starts with latency and needs to pause / play to synchronize

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1 frequently has an error where everyone watching on desktop/web has to manually refresh the stream. He says he is running the latest version of OBS, and his chat says this happens to his stream more frequently than others (about once per 20/30 minutes).

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've noticed that Twitch seems to have a major garbage collection problem. I use Firefox (97.0.1 currently).

Granted, I currently have 5 streams open with 4 of them tiled on my TV, however, the memory usage can be seen in excess of 10 GB.

When I do manual garbage collection via about:memory?verbose, it can drop back down to about 2-3 GB total usage on the main process with 5 streams open.

This sort of memory bloat only happens when I use Twitch. Firefox reports that the memory is under control (less than 1 GB total) in about:performance, but…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Viewing live streams prompts an AntiVirus Warning that an embedded Security Certificate is currently expired. Warning reads: "attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to global.poe.live-video.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There are many users like myself that have multiple monitors. My primary monitor utilizes HDR while my secondary monitors both do not. Twitch will auto-enable HDR site viewing even though I open the page on a monitor without the HDR ability simply because my primary monitor does have HDR enabled. This makes the site unviewable on either of my satellite monitors and after hours of testing, is found to be limited to Twitch itself. Other websites are able to switch between this without issue but due to various issues with the twitch website itself this feature doesn't seem to exist…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twtich server upgrade so also more bitrate upload and users pay a small pocket money for this :)

You know it from server hosters "You want more upload or more storage, then rent at Twitch-Turbo the server package" For +5,90$ or 9,90$ you can upload and stream up to 13K/ 15K.
    So Twitch would have less problems with the costs and who does not want to pay such a server upgrade remains with Free and 6-8K upload depending on Twitch contract.

Possible would be this Year, because it's time for an Upgrade at Twitch :)
    YT has long been at…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. So, on desktop, when you click cogwheel -> "Advanced" -> "Video stats" - you will see advanced stats, such as the estimated latency, the number of skipped frames, the FPS, and so on.

Would be good to see the server the broadcaster is uploading to, and the server you are downloading from - would greatly help with reporting and/or solving connection issues. And since it'd be under "Advanced", the average user wouldn't see that, so it wouldn't generate a lot of complaints.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Higher Bitrate: (Above 10.000, with video quality selector can be managed so if someone won't use that high download usage, he can tweak it), we still have a really low bitrate, and that force us try to tweak OBS to reach higher quality with lower CPU encoding speed. Still this is not a miracle, and 6000 bitrate is so limited (even if there is a trick to go beyond and reach 8000 bitrate).

• HDR: OBS doesn't support because it's not worth it nowadays since Twitch is not supporting it, but other platforms are starting to give a hint to this…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have found a concrete solution to the lag that causes many streamers the issue of the stream lagging when a stream is occurring and have written a small solution paper to address the solution.

Twitch Stream Lagging Solution

If you a gamer many people are engaged in streaming on one of the platforms
    for gaming such as twitch. The focus of this article is to hopefully provide an

insight into an issue which many people find after they’ve been streaming for
    a bit. Consider this, you finally got your status as paid in twitch and you’re

starting to get…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The vertical scrollbars on most pages don't extend to the edge of the window (Browser dev tools indicate a 2 pixel gap between scollbar and the edge). Which means that when the window is maximized, you can't just jam the cursor to the right of the screen and click to grab the scrollbar. You have to make effort to very carefully move the cursor into the extremely tiny 6 pixel wide scrollbar and then grab it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As I got informed by my ISP you changed provider locally for content distribution some weeks ago. Since that all the streams are laggy, buffering, stopping etc.. Using VPN would solve the issue but that shouldn't be a must have to watch streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have a lot of my community who can't watch me if I stream in 1080p and I would like to stream in 1080p but I can't do that at the risk of losing viewers so can we get more transparent information on when Affiliates will get lower video quality options so every one can enjoy the stream.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hallo,
    Ich wurde hierher verwiesen vom Twitch Support...
    Es geht darum, dass es eine Vielzahl von Vodafone DE Kunden gibt, die mit Twitch extreme Probleme haben: Schwankende Bitrate, kaum Bitrate... Ich bin ebenso betroffen. Ich hab 40 Mbit/s im Upload und kann original nicht streamen weil die Bitrate extrem schwankt. Da es früher mit VPNs gut funktioniert hat und immer noch mit "restream.io" teilweise funktioniert, ist offenbar die Peering-Schnittstelle mit Vodafone DE (AS3209) überlastet. Dadurch kommt auch, dass Streams immer wieder buffern müssen.

Ich wäre Ihnen sehr verbunden, wenn Sie endlich was gegen die Probleme mit Vodafone DE machen würden.…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Volume normalization option across streamers. Some streamers just have a way louder setup than others.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?