Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1 frequently has an error where everyone watching on desktop/web has to manually refresh the stream. He says he is running the latest version of OBS, and his chat says this happens to his stream more frequently than others (about once per 20/30 minutes).

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a chrome extension installed that allows me to change the speed of any video I watch. Due to this, I can always see the speed of videos in the top left corner. I've noticed that any time a stream I'm watching lags or I fall too far behind live, Twitch will automatically change the speed of the stream from 1x to 1.03x speed. I believe this is a good idea and the change in speed is small enough to not affect the video. However, this speed change DOES affect the audio and in the case of music streams,…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We need serious attention done to this error which is causing problems for so many small-time streamers who do not have the resources or knowledge to find out why this error appears. This is one of the most persistent and problematic errors that MUST be addressed by Twitch in a real SERIOUS way!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Just a few moments ago, I switched streams and the playback window was an inch too big: There was a field of empty black space between the chat scroll and the player where there wasn't one before. Since I hadn't updated my browser or changed it or anything like that, and further hearing other users complain about it, I decided that Twitch must have rolled out some new feature that wasn't playing nice with me. Heading over to the support ticket page, and after scrolling through the numerous options of permitted support ticket topics I couldn't find anything even close…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Twitch video seems to be decoding on my 3D cores and video decode consecutively. AMD Radeon VII. This is a problem beginning in the middle part of this year 2020. While playing Scar Citizen load seems to begin shifting between the 3D cores and video decode. Video decode should never touch my 3D cores or I should have an option in my settings to set stream decoding to "Video decode only!" Performance was perfect before now streams are prone to studders and freezing when my GPU is under heavy load.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If I go to one channel and from that channel go to another, I seem to not have video quality better than 360p unless I refresh the browser. Its been happening for 3-4 days now.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Player becomes dim when pausing. Please give toggle or solution to this problem so that we can have the option to view stream with proper lighting when paused. As it currently stands, this problem has frustrated and an inconvenience to people who need to pause the video to look at a certain detail, I'm sure this fix would significantly improve user experience as it would give a convenience to those who need to see the stream when paused, thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Every time I stream on the Xbox series x, the stream becomes pixelated every time I make fast movements or some times for no reason. Please fix this issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. El audio del PC (discord, juego, musica, etc), se escucha perfectamente en directo, pero no se escucha nada cuando se guarda el video.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. in the past, streams runs perfectly on desktop with no latency. now streams starts with latency and needs to pause / play to synchronize

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Viewing live streams prompts an AntiVirus Warning that an embedded Security Certificate is currently expired. Warning reads: "attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to global.poe.live-video.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Error 2000 in my experience has been due to the Anti-tracking software I use. This makes the stream crash and quit playing. You need to refresh to get the stream going again. Usually this will cause an ad to play as soon as it is refreshed but not always in my experience. Anti-tracking software does not prevent other streaming websites to run smoothly for me, only Twitch. On my latest Twitch watching stint, my Anti-tracking software shows 13 advertising trackers blocked, 3 site analytics trackers blocked, and 0 essential trackers blocked. My Anti-tracking software states that essential trackers are critical…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've noticed that Twitch seems to have a major garbage collection problem. I use Firefox (97.0.1 currently).

Granted, I currently have 5 streams open with 4 of them tiled on my TV, however, the memory usage can be seen in excess of 10 GB.

When I do manual garbage collection via about:memory?verbose, it can drop back down to about 2-3 GB total usage on the main process with 5 streams open.

This sort of memory bloat only happens when I use Twitch. Firefox reports that the memory is under control (less than 1 GB total) in about:performance, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Me gustaría que se guardara todo mi directo ya que queda bastante mal y desincronizado el audio y video

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I press spacebar go in or out of fullscreen , that must be maked only with "F" key. Spacebar must be paused the video but doesn't works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Whenever I tune in to a stream these days the video quality always defaults to 480p. Even when I try changing it to 1080p, the stream refreshes and stays at 480p. Please fix the streaming quality options. I cannot even tell what is happening on the stream at 480p.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Some streams are working fine, but others will be loading forever. I will hear 3 words, before the stream freezes and goes to reload. This takes some minutes, then I will hear half a sentence again and it goes back into freezing and reloading

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I just stream 1hr ago and its not showing up and I stream like an 1 from now nothing show up?? Can you please fix?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As I got informed by my ISP you changed provider locally for content distribution some weeks ago. Since that all the streams are laggy, buffering, stopping etc.. Using VPN would solve the issue but that shouldn't be a must have to watch streams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sia su iPad che da iPhone in sostanza sul sistema operativo iOS nel app di Twitch ogni qualvolta tento di guardare le Stream squad, la Stream live principale si vede sempre perfettamente e posso persino scegliere la qualità mentre quella o quelle secondarie si vedono sempre sfocate con la qualità molto bassa e non c’è nemmeno la possibilità di alzare la qualità, ho controllato e non dipende dalla rete Wi-Fi ma dall’app di Twitch, risolvete con un aggiornamento? iPhone e iPad aggiornato all’ultima versione disponibile attualmente iOS 15.2 anche app Twitch aggiornata all’ultima versione

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?