Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Moving performance of bangtan Sonyeondan

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sometimes I find myself in a place or location where my internet connection isn't great, I'm sure I'm not alone and it doesn't make sense that you can't reduce the resolution. Why is this even a restriction? I want to support and enjoy certain smaller streamers and find myself not being able to for this reason

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Just a few moments ago, I switched streams and the playback window was an inch too big: There was a field of empty black space between the chat scroll and the player where there wasn't one before. Since I hadn't updated my browser or changed it or anything like that, and further hearing other users complain about it, I decided that Twitch must have rolled out some new feature that wasn't playing nice with me. Heading over to the support ticket page, and after scrolling through the numerous options of permitted support ticket topics I couldn't find anything even close…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add African or South African servers. How are there multiple servers on every other continent, but not a single one on the African continent? Please, we beg you, add servers here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. enserio twitch!1 ya cansate cont usus anuncios de mierd..!!! ya dale que dale que dale el mismo video de la eplñiculka!1 asi andie va a querer mirarlo!1 ya todos lo doian!! me estresa enserio1! nunca me ahbia quejado tantod e un video o stream
    1!1 maldita sea!1 sacas lo epor de mi!! todos lsod ias enseiro tooooodos! los benditos dias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no soy el unico al que no le gusta tus anuncios basura de amazon prime vidfeo!! enseiro.. ¡un apr de veces cada1hora esta bien.. eproc da minuto o que cambio de nala!! enseiro em aburrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    ya puessssssss cansence de repetir…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As the streaming industry embraces new technology, alongside increased internet speed standards, I would love for Twitch to adopt full transcoding for all active streamers as well as an increase in the bitrate cap to 10k.

The current issue with the 6k bitrate cap for non-partners is inherently-lowered viewer experience. Viewers are consistently looking for superior quality streams as the first impression of long-term engagement and retention, which the current 6k bitrate cap severely inhibits due to automatic pixelation for high-movement games such as FPS. Since partners have the automatic 8-8.5k bitrate cap increase, this gives partnered content creators an…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ım streaming for 7 mount with 40-50 wiever adn still having quality select problem ?

and ı cant even write to twitch help ? cause there is no option for that ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This is already a feature on Chrome but I don't see it working on Firefox.

On Chrome, when you have a stream playing in another tab and that tab is not focused for some time, the video quality is automatically reduced to save bandwidth and when you go back to the stream tab, the quality goes back to normal.

This doesn't happen on Firefox though. It might be a browser limitation but it would be great if the Twitch folks took a look at this.

Firefox users deserve dynamic quality switch too :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. From what I've heard people have been getting host-botted. High amount of hosts from bots at one time, to where the streamer can't go live.
    Hosting/raiding is a big part of this community, and I think if this is happening then we could really use people looking into how to prevent it.
    Thanks,
    Rivvr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I stream sometimes, just for fun. I stream Fortnite and there is just one problem. The stream can hear me but it cannot hear my teammates that I am playing with. I think that Twitch should add it to where it can hear everyone you are playing with. I’m having this problem on Xbox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. YouTube videos are saved automatically. YouTubers don't have to do that. Twitch can just as well save VOD's permanently, not making streamers do so. If a streamer wants to delete it or put it somewhere else, they can do that. But the option to have it permanently on Twitch should be put in place. I think you have the money to do this. 60 days is not enough.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. During a live stream, could a viewer please choose any of the video statistics under Settings > Advanced > Video Stats, and have only that statistic pinned somewhere on the screen? In my mind it would show up like a running FPS counter in a video game, without having to keep the entire blocky chunk of Video Stats cutting off a huge section of the stream's video (and sometimes the streamer's webcam). For example I find myself constantly checking the "Latency to broadcaster" statistic whenever I watch any stream. I always want to know the delay between what I see…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi, it's about time to move forward, i can see we have the ability to stream in 1440p but we can't increase the bitrate. Solution: AV1 encoding or please increase the bitrate for 1440p streams, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. hices varios streams pero ni uno se me ha guardado necesito saber como recupero mis videos de stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think it's stupid to not give everybody the possibility to choose which video quality have to watch his/her favourite streamer.
    Best regards,
    Tibermlg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bonjour,

Je suis un petit streamer et une question revient en boucle de la part de ma communauté, pourquoi je ne peut pas changer la qualité de ton stream ?

Certaines personnes, malheureusement, non pas accès au haut débit et sont bloquées sur du 1080p et ne peuvent donc pas regardé mon stream car la qualité est trop forte.

Ceci représente une difficulté supplémentaire pour la visibilité des petits streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have a lot of my community who can't watch me if I stream in 1080p and I would like to stream in 1080p but I can't do that at the risk of losing viewers so can we get more transparent information on when Affiliates will get lower video quality options so every one can enjoy the stream.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. t uses up so much of my WiFi to stream so it would be nice if it didn't use it up so much, thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?