Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

22 results found

1. The only servers at the moment in SA are located in Brazil. Even though we are in the same continent, that doesn't means that the connection would be great for those who use the servers. I'm from Chile and even though I have 600m/s upload connection I'm losing frames constantly. Adding a server for those who live to the South part(Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru) could have at least one server in any of those countries and the North part can use the server at Brazil or add another server even more to the North.

740 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

60 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Enable Multipath TCP (MPTCP) on ingress servers. With MPTCP you can increase the stream reliability and performance by using multiple physical paths from streaming computer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multipath_TCP

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Do NOT introduce P2P (peer to peer)!
    Do NOT continue with your testing of this in Korea or ANYWHERE!
    You will expose our IP Address's!
    You will expose us ALL to being hacked!
    You can not be this irresponsible!
    If you use P2P you will be putting EVERYONE at risk!
    This will be the end of Twitch.
    It only takes one successful hack!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Arreglen los servidores decaen mucho, a veces estas viendo un directo y te corta!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Category: PROBLEM WITH SERVER IN PERU COUNTRY

Summary: the vast majority of colleagues from my country Peru, lately are having problems with the stream, the solution would be the possibility of opening a server in LIMA, PERU. since several internet companies are limited by the bandwidth in my country.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I live in Saudi Arabia and there is no server near us

All Gulf countries suffer from the same problem, and our audience is very strong, and we have all the required capabilities and qualifications, but unfortunately, to this day, we suffer from the problem that we do not have any servers in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There are routing problems between Egypt and Twitch EU servers that cause frame drops (A lot ) during live streams, by using restreaming platforms FPS drops is solved, however, I lose the perks I get from streaming directly to twitch such as (VODS audio track in OBS Chat extensions) and many others.

We would like Twitch to keep taking care of the MENA region.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve servers over big streamings events.

This is just logical, but it is quite frustrating that the platform literally looks the other way. I'm talking here about Spain particularily. Whenever some of the biggest streamers make a special streaming, or an event, the rest of the platform falls. And I mean all of it. The rest of streamers won't even have enough bandwidth to stream themselves, which honestly is insulting given how much benefits the platform registers over time. Fortify your servers or die trying, because this happens now more than ever, the rate is increasing and you are disabling…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the option for users to select which relay/ingest server to use( if they need to)
    This solves most if not all issues with dropped frames which are a result of bad routing, some countries (in my case South Africa) has really bad routing to Twitch servers and without using a local relay/ingest server we cannot stream anything above 480p30fps (without experiencing massive dropped frames which make the stream unbearable to watch) which is the only reason I cannot use Twitch Studio over other platforms right now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Santiago and Buenos Aires servers are with low performance. not able to reach 6000kbps. Tested with several ISP and none hits 6k and red light are on while streamin. This came like a week ago. Before that everything worked fine, i think you're limiting speed. The are working worst than brazilian servers that are miles and miles away, While Santiago server is like 80 miles away works awful

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. So, on desktop, when you click cogwheel -> "Advanced" -> "Video stats" - you will see advanced stats, such as the estimated latency, the number of skipped frames, the FPS, and so on.

Would be good to see the server the broadcaster is uploading to, and the server you are downloading from - would greatly help with reporting and/or solving connection issues. And since it'd be under "Advanced", the average user wouldn't see that, so it wouldn't generate a lot of complaints.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As I got informed by my ISP you changed provider locally for content distribution some weeks ago. Since that all the streams are laggy, buffering, stopping etc.. Using VPN would solve the issue but that shouldn't be a must have to watch streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a streamer configurable delay from when stream is ended in software until stream ends on the website. It is already possible in some way as disconnection protection exsits but it would allow streamers to change ingest servers while they're live if one is currently experiencing issues.

Essentially just expand disconnection protection to all scenarios. If Twitch detects no feed, give us time to come back even if it is a delieberate disconnection. You can currently get lucky and see the NotLikeThis error screen when you disconnect normally and switch ingests but I'd like to see it be controlled.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. so ive been streaming from my home wifi and its not pretty good even if i conenct to singapore or australia and since they get their own server why not indonesia doesnt get a chance to get one to? it will 100% helps indonesian streamer with bad wifi like me and others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We just need one Indian server , we all are streaming from Singaporean servers and its really frustating to get lags just because of it.

I really hope you're working on it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would be happy in the future if the server capacity in Berlin, Kiel, Bremen, Rostock and Hamburg is increased, as there are increasing problems with the video output of the streams!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. this has been ongoing since i joined and streamed on twitch, the servers need to be vastly improved on website, every stream i watch or try to stream to platform keeps lagging/crashing and auto tunes to 160p. i keep getting random errors ranging from unable to decod or not available on browser. i have tried many browsers and this happens on all. microsoft edge it the worst.

this is riduculus that this has not been addressed for so long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I know we already have a few servers in Germany, but wouldn't it be better to have another server in Hamburg to provide an alternative server for Denmark, as the servers are a bit far away from Norway and Sweden, then I think we have a good server structure in Germany to provide an alternative for other countries.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Here in India, we don't have twitch prime and also we don't have any twitch server even though India is one the largest marketing countries. Lack of services in india forces them to move to YouTube for live streaming. Nearest server from india in Hong Kong and you need a really really good internet to just stream. Streaming on twitch is almost impossible for Indians.

Closest server to mumbai is in France, marsielle, which has bandwidth of 3500 kbps and ping is 130ms, quality is 60.

Please do something help Indian streamers out there.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?