Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1 frequently has an error where everyone watching on desktop/web has to manually refresh the stream. He says he is running the latest version of OBS, and his chat says this happens to his stream more frequently than others (about once per 20/30 minutes).

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Whenever I alt-tab or switch tabs on Chrome (Win7 x64) I get a 30 second disconnect with a purple screen telling me to watch from twitch.tv
    For example, if I have two streams open, the one which isn't focused will get intermittent disconnects. My browser is updated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wolf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need serious attention done to this error which is causing problems for so many small-time streamers who do not have the resources or knowledge to find out why this error appears. This is one of the most persistent and problematic errors that MUST be addressed by Twitch in a real SERIOUS way!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently the first time you full screen a stream on a desktop browser on Windows 10 21H1, the color scheme of the monitor is reset effectively disabling night light/f.lux colors adjustments which reduce blue light.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The past 2 or 3 nights my streams have been ending and restarting throughout the stream. It's not a bandwidth thing on my end because I have 100Mbps download and 18 Mbps upload speed. Please help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If I go to one channel and from that channel go to another, I seem to not have video quality better than 360p unless I refresh the browser. Its been happening for 3-4 days now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Gdgjccb cfg fhv GB tag of VHS TV

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Every time I stream on the Xbox series x, the stream becomes pixelated every time I make fast movements or some times for no reason. Please fix this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto fix incorrectly named videos and automatically improve video performance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Website updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Nachdem die Qualität als Zuseher in letzter Zeit immer schlechter wurde bekommt man jetzt auf der Twitch Homepage auch noch die Meldung das man nicht auf Twitch schaut. Was soll denn so ein Blödsinn?
    Ich hoffe ihr fangt mal an die Qualität wieder mehr in den Vordergrund zu Rücken. Das geht ja gar nicht!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You should provide more quality options for the smaller Twitch channels as well as non-partnered channels. Right now, you can only have more quality options if you are a streamer with a high amount of viewers or a Twitch Partner. This means that the quality is stuck on "Source" and cannot be altered whatsoever. This needs to be changed. I am on a Chromebook and I can't watch a whole 1080p60/30 or 720p60/30 quality stream without the stream constantly buffering every few seconds. When it stops buffering, it 'plays' the stream for about a few more seconds before it starts…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When streaming VODs at 1080p (perhaps more, my TV is 1080p) after about 1-2 minutes, the stream will stop and load indefinitely. This happens on my Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast v2/v1.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I use auto host when i am not streaming, however when i got live the host remains... which is fine. however last night (at this point) when the person i was hosting ended for the night it ended my stream as well... which caused a loss of stream to be seen by 5.5 hours. that is insane! Granted i hadn't noticed until i had gone back. how do you expect newer streamers to be aware of this "broken hosting system". Please either put in your KB's that Twitch can't handle the demand of that and for it to not kill…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Twitch VOD playback fails frequently and inconsistently. Sometimes I can reload and continue in progress, other times it returns me to the beginning of the stream. I don't have this issue with any other streaming platform including Prime Video, YouTube, Netflix, Peacock, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When downloading a highlight video with multiple sections, the file that is exported or whatever is corrupted at certain sections. Please fix!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Twitch video seems to be decoding on my 3D cores and video decode consecutively. AMD Radeon VII. This is a problem beginning in the middle part of this year 2020. While playing Scar Citizen load seems to begin shifting between the 3D cores and video decode. Video decode should never touch my 3D cores or I should have an option in my settings to set stream decoding to "Video decode only!" Performance was perfect before now streams are prone to studders and freezing when my GPU is under heavy load.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The streams don’t fit to the screens on an I phone X, I recently watched Shroud play Apex squad and it cut half of the names out due to his stream not fitting the screen properly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?