Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

61 results found

1. go ahead and let the users begin streaming more than full hd and selected frame rate videos like 720@244/120fps let the user choose resolution and frame rate above 60

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Any thoughts on rolling back the 1080p limit in Korea? Are you thinking of returning 1080p if pay for twitch turbo?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adding transcoding options for streamers, departed by tiers as in

Tier 1 Non-affiliated, affiliated but non-partnered, transcoding up to 720p h.264

Tier 2 Affiliated transcoding up 1080p h.264

Tier 3 Partnered transcoding up ton 1440p with higher scaled upload bandwith, utilizing h.265 or HVEC

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. this would allow video quality options to spread out more evenly rather than just the 5 100K streamers. i would prefer either, but if 720p was reserved as the middle man for anything above 1080p that'd be great thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My internet is not that bad, but it spikes alot, so i tend to watch on medium to high. But with this autosetting, when i dont have spikes for 15 seconds it gives Source quality and instantly after fist spikes it goes into buffer and sometimes it even loads ad after buffering

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. can you at least give small creators who don't have an affiliation to have an option for their viewers to choose which quality they want to watch, and at least provide us with an 8000-bit rate to 12000-bit rate this is because when we clip our own stream to provide more awareness, the video quality is really bad. So I hope someday it would change the system in the future.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If a small streamer reaches 3 of the 4 "Path To Affiliate" Achievements/Requirements that should make all the Video Quality options (240p,360p,480p,720p) etc be available the next time the streamer goes live. That way if the streamer is putting in the time, work, effort to grow, they have a better chance of gaining followers that will lead them to Partner status. At this rate all starting smaller streamers and streamers that haven't yet reached Partner are forced to mulitstream just so we have viewable options for viewers on low bandwidth internet and 4G / 5G connections. I feel like "Path…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A stream does not require 60FPS playback. Ever. It's a complete waste of bandwidth and should not even be an option. For people like me that have slower internet it makes it impossible to watch a lot of streamers. Many streamers don't even realize that they're streaming at 60 FPS and how it literally DOUBLES the bandwidth requirements but does not give any benefit to the quality of the stream. I wish Twitch would make the default 720p 30 FPS and allow some users to increase to 1080p 30FPS once they reach partner or something. Not only would this decrease…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since I only stream for 4 hours a week, I'll never see Partner in my future. However as an affiliate, we are not always guaranteed a transcodeable stream. I know I have viewers that can not even handle the 720P stream I'm pushing, but I don't want to bump my overall stream setting down for 2-3 viewers, leaving the other 100 with a lesser experience. Since I'm not in this for monetizing, I would welcome the ability to "purchase" the ability to transcode my streams with guaranteed ability like Partners have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sometimes I find myself in a place or location where my internet connection isn't great, I'm sure I'm not alone and it doesn't make sense that you can't reduce the resolution. Why is this even a restriction? I want to support and enjoy certain smaller streamers and find myself not being able to for this reason

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. India is probably one of the biggest markets for anything related to digital content consumption and VOD industry. Twitch has no market share here because of the simple reason new streamers doesn't get any transcoding. Twitch can be huge and beat fellow platforms if they start with some specific policies for the Indian Subcontinents including payments in local currency. However that all should start with transcoding hours and local data centers so that the viewers are able to watch the content with limited data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We understand that broadcasting at higher bit rates costs Twitch more money, so why not enable it as a paid feature, such as for Twitch turbo subscribers?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Honestly, I don’t know what exactly needs to be done, but twitch, unlike the same YouTube, always lacks Internet speed. I watch streams via wifi. Through the Windows task manager, I often see that twitch consumes over 20 Mbps and uses 70% of my processor. At peak moments of using the Internet, streams and recordings of streams do not freeze, but the speed constantly increases from 0 to 20 Mbps and falls back, at times when it is below 10 Mbps or I open even the usual "new tab" in Google stream or its RECORDING (it's like a regular YouTube…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make bitrate more improvements new transcodes can you add 1080p 120fps

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would be nice to have for mobile app users, because 160p is too bad and 240p is still good for data saving, also phone screens are usually small, so high quality is not necessary and 240p seems just right on such small screens while still saving data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. What I am talking about is not a advanced server-side, multiple-algorithm thing like youtube has. I mean a simple set of algorithms to halve frame rate and quarter resolution. This would be most useful to those with slow-ish connections who watch lower-popularity streams but do not care much about the quality. Firstly, you could use a simple calculation that took the R, G, and B values for a given pixel, then dividied up onscreen pixels into clusters of four and average each value, than take the given value and make it an entire pixel. Even a low-end graphics card can…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Streams that are in 1440p resolution doesn't have option to select 1080p quality.

This affect devices with 1080p resolution because they have left with 720p as max resolution to watch.

It would very nice if there is 1080p quality for 1440p streams

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. to decrease the overall bandwidth cost

You could increase the bitrate for partners at 15000
    keep the same limit of bitrate for the affiliate at 8000

and for a new channel put it at 15000 for a limited time (in condition to have regular viewership and people talking in chat)

and having regular viewer being able to boost the channel popularity with channel points was also really good !

you also can reduce the maximum quality for new streamers to 720p 30fps
    and unlock the vod feature only for affiliate and partners but propose to link a youtube account for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. H265 is much better on the newer RX 6k AMD GPUs please add this and maybe a 10k bitrate for 1080p streams. 6-8k is just not enuf and H264 is outdated and looks bad on AMD GPUs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?