Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

35 results found

1. I'd like to report the bug the appeared this past month whereby it takes 4 (four) click attempts to get a live stream to play! As I user, I'm fed up with both the bug that didn't exist before last month (November, 2022). Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a vod has a muted section, the video often stops when changing between muted and unmuted sections. The video timer keeps running, but the audio/video is fozen. (firefox/windows)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am re-re-reposting this as you closed the ticket without addressing the issues I raised!

1) Getting an increasing number of video playback cancelled error messages while watching twitch. - I have use the cog to report more times than I can count but the issue is not getting resolved!

2) I would use the contact support feature but your bot is too stupid to understand me and sends me unrelated replies. - Not addressed!

3) don't close open tickets until you have solved and address the issues, its plan rude and stops people up voting if they are having…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Here's an idea, get your **** to work properly, and provide customer support for when your worthless dogshit doesn't work. This error 2000 ******** has clearly been a TWITCH PROBLEM FOR YEARS, while you do nothing about it and can't even be bothered to provide even the most basic customer support to solve the issue. I have no further use for twitch, since it doesn't work and twitch staff can't be bothered to do anything about it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have tested this bug thoroughly across many Xbox Consoles; If a live stream has a screen resolution of 1156p or 1440p, the app will immediately freeze and crash to the Home Screen for the Xbox Console.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When watching a stream, especially in Low Latency mode, the stream pauses and buffers every now and again, usually first after just few minutes (despite 1 Gbit connection) and after a few of those, the audio and video fall out of sync, quite noticably.
    The fix is to either refresh the whole page (long way, losing chat) or toggle the Low Latency toggle off and on, which fixes it for some time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a chrome extension installed that allows me to change the speed of any video I watch. Due to this, I can always see the speed of videos in the top left corner. I've noticed that any time a stream I'm watching lags or I fall too far behind live, Twitch will automatically change the speed of the stream from 1x to 1.03x speed. I believe this is a good idea and the change in speed is small enough to not affect the video. However, this speed change DOES affect the audio and in the case of music streams,…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. in the past, streams runs perfectly on desktop with no latency. now streams starts with latency and needs to pause / play to synchronize

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Viewing live streams prompts an AntiVirus Warning that an embedded Security Certificate is currently expired. Warning reads: "attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to global.poe.live-video.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Error 2000 in my experience has been due to the Anti-tracking software I use. This makes the stream crash and quit playing. You need to refresh to get the stream going again. Usually this will cause an ad to play as soon as it is refreshed but not always in my experience. Anti-tracking software does not prevent other streaming websites to run smoothly for me, only Twitch. On my latest Twitch watching stint, my Anti-tracking software shows 13 advertising trackers blocked, 3 site analytics trackers blocked, and 0 essential trackers blocked. My Anti-tracking software states that essential trackers are critical…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've noticed that Twitch seems to have a major garbage collection problem. I use Firefox (97.0.1 currently).

Granted, I currently have 5 streams open with 4 of them tiled on my TV, however, the memory usage can be seen in excess of 10 GB.

When I do manual garbage collection via about:memory?verbose, it can drop back down to about 2-3 GB total usage on the main process with 5 streams open.

This sort of memory bloat only happens when I use Twitch. Firefox reports that the memory is under control (less than 1 GB total) in about:performance, but…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This is more of a bug report rather than any sort of suggestion, but this seems like the most applicable place to post it.

I was running into error #3000 frequently when watching a particular VOD, and eventually realized that the errors were not occurring randomly, but at specific time stamps in the video. One solution was to disable my chrome browser's hardware acceleration, but that resulted in heavy tearing on the video no matter what my vsync and other related settings were set to. Eventually, I found the solution in the form of using chrome://flags to explicitly either

1)…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1 frequently has an error where everyone watching on desktop/web has to manually refresh the stream. He says he is running the latest version of OBS, and his chat says this happens to his stream more frequently than others (about once per 20/30 minutes).

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need serious attention done to this error which is causing problems for so many small-time streamers who do not have the resources or knowledge to find out why this error appears. This is one of the most persistent and problematic errors that MUST be addressed by Twitch in a real SERIOUS way!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch video seems to be decoding on my 3D cores and video decode consecutively. AMD Radeon VII. This is a problem beginning in the middle part of this year 2020. While playing Scar Citizen load seems to begin shifting between the 3D cores and video decode. Video decode should never touch my 3D cores or I should have an option in my settings to set stream decoding to "Video decode only!" Performance was perfect before now streams are prone to studders and freezing when my GPU is under heavy load.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?