Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A streamer can have connection issues and can reconnect in a minute or so. This works on stream, but in VODs it causes an issue with the timing with chat and the VOD. This causes the chat to be delayed by the amount of time the connection was lost. This leaves chat's response to be delayed which becomes annoying if the disconnect was at the beginning of a nine hour stream. I believe a solution would be able to have the chat's playback separate from the VOD's playback. This allows the user to adjust the chat's response time in order…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently
    Tier 1 = 1.2x
    Tier 2 = 1.4x
    Tier 3 = 2x

But every stream values subs differently and has different rewards in channel points. It would make sense for us to have control over how much each tier gets.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. this option already exists in the moderators panel, it would be great for all users to be able to update the list simply by pressing a button instead of updating the entire page, losing the message history.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chatlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hey!

I know a lot of streamers (including me) who have a "self sacrifice" channel point redemption and my MODS for some reason always want to redeem it...

I was wondering if we can get timeout that don't remove MOD status to a MOD but when banned that their MOD status would still be removed.

I know it is this way to prevent anyone with access to the person's account that is MOD or the MOD themselves posting, breaking rules. I've had MODs break rules and do some pretty awful stuff (Try to ban everyone) but most part IMO if…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sometimes smaller channels get a large influx of people to the point that the existing community is drowned out and can't talk to each other. A channel I've been a part of for a year has 4000 viewers more than normal, and chat's moving so quickly the regulars can't even talk to each other. What about an auxiliary chat people can move to if the streamer has added them there for being a longtime community member? The streamer could either see both chats or the two chats weave into one on their end. And maybe this chat has a size…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can we get a global badge based on the total number of gifted subs across all channels?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like the ability to hyperlink steam:// links in my chat so I can have my bot dynamically post join able games on command. An example link looks like this.

steam://joinlobby/{steamGameId}/{steamLobbyId}/{steamUserId}.

Currently I can have my bot post the above link but since it is not a hyperlink it shows as plain text and users need to copy/past into a browser.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have an option to make chat appear on the left instead of the right.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please implement an option to get rid of chat refresh when scrolling through chat. There are times when a link is posted by the streamer, or someone says something interesting that I cannot read and would like to, but chat refreshes every time a new comment is posted. Especially in chats with thousands of people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A possible idea that would be beneficial to both Twitch and their (popular) streamers is a 'restricted' mode for chat; it’d work the same as sub-only mode, but also include former subscribers and current turbo users. The benefits would include:

• Strong incentive for viewers to purchase Turbo. Those who have Turbo would be able to talk in any chat with restricted mode on.

• Streamers who like to interact with their chat, but have sub-only mode enabled to keep it from moving too quickly, could use this instead.

• Great incentive for viewers to subscribe to a channel with it enabled, as…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. As rules appear only once and not a lot of people really reads them in reality it would be a good idea to implement /rules command that would show the rules popup.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I think it would be useful if the unban request from the user who was banned to be saved in the Usercard just in case mods want to go back to check the unban request even if it was already accepted/denied. Maybe similarly to how the "ban reason" that gets shown in the Usercard under "Bans"

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Twitch was named after a Twitch reaction players would have making a headshot kill in FPS games.

Why am i seeing half naked girls begging for money on YOUR frontpage. Do something about it!!!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  NSFW Filter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I was thinking if twitch had a Badge for streamers, so you know who is a watcher and who is a streamer in chat. That would be a cool way to discover new streamers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think that streamers should have the ability to be able to make their own custom mod and vip badges, without frankerfacez.

Since not every streamer has FFZ, they should have the ability to make their own since the default sword and diamond can potentially not fit a streamers theme/color theme. A lot of streamers have those. and the current colors can not fit those

Sure, sub badges are meant for those in a way, but if a streamer wants it all to fit together, custom vip and mod badges would be a great help to those streamers

If you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We should be able to bold our texts if it’s important

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Click on the "Click to reply" button on a message in chat (in browser) ->
    Write a reply ->
    The message to which you are replying is removed before you send the reply ->
    Message is removed from chat ->
    Send reply ->
    The removed message is still (partially) visible in the reply, in the "replying to" header

This may not be the desired behavior. The reply should not (partially) show the deleted message but rather "replying to a deleted message" or similar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. An easy way for streamers to add a set badge to Trusted chatters so its easier for them and chat to sort through the trash. And might promote less garbage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?