Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. The Shoutout feature is a great idea and could have massive potential when it comes to shining a light onto certain people you wanna support. The problem is that the way it's currently implemented is very limited because the only way to use it is via a command that you have to type. This can be rather cumbersome to do as not only do you have to make sure you type the command correctly, you need to be able to type the exact name of the person

Instead, I think there should also be an option to click on a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The "Returning Chatter" feature highlights the chat for people who have typed in chat at least twice in the last 30 days, this is a good feature but at the moment it appears to highlight all of their messages, could we get it so it only highlights their first message that stream?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. At the moment, only the default "/announce" chat command works with IRC (chatbots etc) - "/announceblue", "/announcegreen", "/announceorange", and "/announcepurple" all fail to send messages.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Blocked users should be hidden when others reply to the blocked user.

Instead of the chat showing "User reply to user2", it should be "User reply to blocked" or "User reply to blocked (click to show)"

As this would be more beneficial to the user who doesn't want to see the other user who is blocked from showing in chat completely.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I just came accross this bug multiple people reported in chat and only started to do it today:

Edit: Actually the same behavior for emotes as well

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I acknowledge that some parts of this concept has been requested in general, however I would like to offer a possible solution that will solve many of the suggestions at once, as well as offer further features down the line.

---Core Suggestions---

I believe it would be beneficial to have chat bots strongly encouraged to note their account as such, and if possible, for known legitimate bots (bots that are known to serve a valid purpose, not lurk bots, stat scrapers, etc.) to be assigned a [bot] tag internally in the system, similar to how some other chat platforms handle…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You shouldn't have to deal with anyone ever again if you have them blocked. I recently had to block a friend because he was toxic but we are apart of the same community and so even with me blocking them, i still can see them being @'d and their name in chatlist also if you get blocked by someone why can you still see what their saying. Similar to Twitter if you are blocked by someone you shouldn't be able to see any interactions.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I’ve begun building an interactive intermission application for use on Twitch. Yesterday, the application was working fine.

Today I woke up and chat messages sent via IRC are not visible to users in real time.

Any messages sent by my application show up as past messages when a new user enters the chat, but no messages sent will appear in real time – they only update if the user re-enters the chat by reloading or opening the chat in a new window.

For example, if the bot sends a consecutive integer every second. User 1 joins 10 seconds after the…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When the connection is lost for a considerable time, when reconnecting, a button can be pressed to reload the transmission but the chat keep frozen. The quick solution is to close the chat and open it after a few seconds, but it would be good if the reconnection is detected and the chat reconnects automatically as when the connection is lost for a few seconds.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please, most of times happen that writing a messages in the chat I write a wrong messages. It can be helpful the chance to edit the messages in the 5 or 10 seconds to correct it and write the right message.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a user clicks a link in chat.

Where the link is written as

words and stuff cohh.tv/store other words and stuff

A user in the Twitch app will click that and is redirected/sent to http://cohh.tv/store/

Which results in an error page on android

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/415088605837393931/767743175707197500/Screenshot_20201019-153309_Twitch.jpg

Links in chat in the App should default to https:// to avoid this issue. For links in chat that don't include a schema in the text/chat message

(I was sure I heard this bug had been fixed but it has reoccured/reported today)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A global chat badge for verified military service. It could be a simple badge one for everyone or expanded for nations or nation/branch. ie: MilVet/Army/Marine/UK:Marine/US:Army/Aus:Navy, ect... lots of ways to potentially expand.

First responder (dr/nurse/emt/fire/LE) also possible.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With the recent uptick in ****** misconduct allegations within the Twitch community I think that there is something that can be done to provide streamers, their moderators, and viewers a safer and more welcoming entertainment platform. As a veteran of the United States Air Force I have been required to take many hours of ****** assault prevention and response training along with suicide awareness training. This training is typically done through an initiative called Culture of Respect or Green Dot Training which can be found here https://cultureofrespect.org/program/green-dot-etc/ . This is a call for Twitch to partner with Culture of Respect…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Chat replay is certainly better now than at launch, but there has to be a way to ignore users. Clicking a name and pressing the ignore button does nothing (it doesn't even add them to your global ignore list).
    Also needs an option menu and popout capability, but those can wait.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make a @everyone mention so it highlights a message to everyone in the channel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently when you open a banned user's profile and open the ban tab, at the bottom of the ban tab there is just a blurb that states "Unban request was denied by X on Y date". Any additional text such as the unban request or the denial reason is not displayed in the window and is very difficult to dig up.

It would be nice if any unban requests text and the response could also show there, in order.

This would help Mods better understand why users were banned or help troubleshoot current behaviors based on what the response was.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Often chat got filling by commands like !songrequest or votes via chatbot. It will be nice if we will have /temp command or way to mark message as temporary that will post message that will disapear after some time (like 10 seconds). Like as we can remove messages via bot uses twitch api, but without "message was deleted" stub.
    Which will be useful for bot responces and make chat more readable. Also it can be used for joking around while streamer dont look in chat.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I was recently chatting with some other streamers and we agreed that this would be great.

When streaming, the streamer will often have the Chat popped out in their browser. But there's no way to know if a new Whisper came in. There's no way, through Twitch, to find out if someone is trying to reach you privately. And in a busy Chat, even if they try to reach you publicly, you can miss it.

It would be great if the little Whispers icon were at the top or bottom of the popped out chat, and if it could have…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of only having the ability to display 3 badges, If you are a mod or VIP i would like the option to display 3 custom global or sub badges + the mod or VIP badge. Personally, I would display my mod badge ( required if you are a mod ) + my turbo badge + another fully custom global or sub badge of my choice. I think this would increase the incentive to get more badges as you could display more sub badges or more twitch con badges etc. all at once! Please upvote if you agree and provide…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With the recent addition of allowing channels to have up to 10 prediction outcomes, up from the original 2, I'd like to have the ability to have more options when running a poll in chat. Currently up to 5 options are allowed, but I'd like to have the ability to enter, at least, up to 10 options.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?