Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. There should be a way to chat while watching on full screen. Have a small space to type your message and keep the way messages are shown on the in game chat. (the way the streamer can see messages on their screen while playing. But add a chat bar for the people watching the gamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would be great to have a tool that allows people from chat to collaborate (play together) in video games. Since they are watching a stream they most likely play the game and most of the time like-minded people watch the same streamer. Making it seamless to play with someone from chat would increase community collaboration.

Link steam, blizzard, uplay or origin with Twitch. Need to allow users to send invite to become friends on a client or to invite to game.

Hit me up if you have questions on the feature request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would love a Twitch chat with a better performance because when I type something in Chat I have to wait sometimes up to 3 seconds until the message gets sent and I did not ever have the same problem with external chat programs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I try to whisper someone, a pop up chat appears under the stream screen as default but when that happens I cannot see the buttons of full-screen, clip or settings. I believe that's a UX problem and should be improved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let the content creator can change the background theme of the chatbox. So, it can be more than the normal White or Black theme chatbox. What do I mean about that, I'm talking about a little bit of customization. The content creator can the background color to Red, Blue, to Twitch's iconic Purple color, or whatever they like as long it's following Twitch's TOS. The letter's color will automatically change to adapt to the background color, so the viewers can still see the chat easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The "Chat Filters" option should be stored server side and global (for all channels) and not just in a cookie. I don't want to disable the filters every time I log in to Twitch and set it for every single channel separately.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I was doing a Qna and I wanted it to be a little more interactive. So I am suggesting voice recording chat.
    So, a viewer that wants to say something with their voice gets 10 seconds or (set-time) to say anything you want and the whole stream gets to hear it when requested. This would work if mods would review the voice recording to hear and see if its appropriate or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've been looking at the way messages refresh in a busy chat channel. All messages are shifted upward every time a refresh takes place, thus, changing their location all the time. This makes it difficult to finish reading messages, as your eyes need to re-adjust constantly to new messages as well as all old messages re-appearing in new places. This is the case, even though messages stay on-screen sufficient time to read them, if only they didn't move.

So, currently you see:
    message 1
    message 2
    message 3 <--

followed by
    message 2
    message 3 <--
    message 4

and:
    message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For example when the entire chat spams "LUL" emote because something funny happened, you just have to left click at one of the "LULs" sent by users and it automatically gets put into your "Send a Message" box ready to use.

This would make the Chat more active because you dont have to type the entire emote name especially if its an emote you dont know the name of, then you could just click on it and send it, instead of checking the name and typing it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. One aspect of Twitch I personally dislike is that any user can obtain any color in your room. Its detrimental to the theme you've created, or purchased, for your stream. It isn't personalized to you, its personalized to them...

I would absolutely love it if Twitch streamers had an option to set up customized username colors for their chatters based on their interactions.

For example;
    - First-time viewer; Green
    - Viewer that hasn't followed; Gray
    - Follower; Purple
    - Donator; Orange
    etc...

This way, you can see at a glance who contributes to your stream regularly, and not only that,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a user does not follow the community rules and the message is overlooked by the moderator, there should be a notify moderator icon next to the messages to notify the moderator of that message and help the channel's layout.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Yo veo twitch desde chrome en mi pc y no me sale el chat ni para verlo ni para hablar, es como si no existiera

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was moderating an english chat, where somebody sent

"Dziękuję za emotkę 2020Unroll @username" after username subscribed.

The chat is supposed to be english only so the message would have needed to be moderated if I did not understand the content. The stream is tagged as "English".

This message should be in the streamer language by default instead of the viewer one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. give mods the ability to have a swordfight/minigame in chat. this would give the mods something to do in chat and also be a way to let the streamer know mods are always active. i have seen streamers ask if there is a mod in chat. this way all the streamer would have to do is look over and see there are at least 2 active at the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In large streams, viewers often have great ideas for a poll on the topic of conversation, but the streamer would have to stop progress to think up and construct the poll. Viewers would feel a lot more engaged if they could generate the poll and then offer it to the streamer to run under their authorization. This happens a lot in asmongold's stream for instance. He might say something controversial, and the viewers will would love the opportunity to summarize their opinion a little more objectively than just spamming chat with two answers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. What if you did some sort of optional break out room (like Zoom does) in Twitch chat. I feel like with larger streamers it is very difficult for users to interact and stay involved, and small breakout rooms could make people feel more interaction. Lots of questions still for how it would logistically work, like how many people in rooms, how to moderate video/chats. I have lots of ideas about this but I'm not giving them to you unless you give me 1 million dollars.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sohbetde kullanılan komutlar için ayrı bir sohbet penceresi olması fazla yer kaplayan komut yorumlarından arındırılmış olur. Sohbet daha sağde ve kolay takip edilebilir olmuş olur.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. shniffles I would like to be a smexy mustard colour in light mode (can't use dark mode sadly) ;~: the only yellow is a baby poo colour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This would especially benefit streamers with many viewers, if they actually intend to interact more with their viewers. The more viewers they have, the less likely it is that a viewer's question gets replied to.

My suggestion:

1. Viewers can submit questions by using a chat command, e.g: "!q What's your favourite food?"

2. Questions are automatically shown in the streamer's dashboard. Create a new area for this. Alternatively create a new layer inside the chat box and show the questions there.

3. Viewers can also see accumulated questions (inside chat box), so they don't submit the same questions multiple times. They can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. i dont know whether this been mention or thought of before while the new replies work smooth and easy but there still be a chance the replyer would not see the replies in "afk" mode or miss it due to massive spam , what happen then , the reply would be deleted after it reach the chat line limit . could you guys make it so when reply is about to go over the limit be sent to the whisper inbox . of course there will should be few options for individuals person to optimization based off their needs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?