Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. It seems extremely irrelevant to display commands for everyone else. If someone wants to know the uptime it does not mean that everyone else does.
    Please end this chat spam!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are getting extremely close to being able to apply for partner and this issue is severely impacting our average viewer counts. We will be streaming just fine and then all of the sudden we will drop 30 viewers all at one time. None of these viewers have actually left our stream but it does change our viewer count and thus impacts our average. Sometimes it recovers quickly and the number jumps right back up to what it was before. But then sometimes, like today, we will drop from 87 viewers to 57 to 47, and never really recover. When…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to have a function , that allows us as streamers to turn off chat even emote chats (like completely have a function that disables all chats)

Sometimes (i think people will agree) We dont want to have chats on all the time on our streams,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PC 크롬 웹사이트로 시청하면 채팅 언어 자동번역이 안됩니다. 다른 브라우저는 잘 되는데 오직 크롬만 문제가 있어요. 예전에는 잘 됐다가 6개월전부터 문제가 발생하고 여전히 지금도 오류가 있네요

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently the only way to whisper to someone once you are on their channel's page is to type their handle, or try to copy and paste it, into a new whisper. It should be easy enough to whisper to someone either via a nice button like the heart and bell, or perhaps an option hiding behind the triple dots.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We should be able to give them their own alert sound and picture when they enter the chat, like how when someone subs or donate etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When sending a whisper on the website, the minimized whisper makes the player controls located on the bottom right inaccessible when in theatre mode. This way leaving theatre mode without the keybinds is only possible after closing the whisper. Moving the minimized whisper slightly to the left would resolve said issue

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ¡Hola comunidad de Twitch!

Hay algo que me gustaría que fuese modificada en cuanto al historial del chat. Les dejo un ejemplo:

En la configuración del canal en la sección de moderación existe una característica llamada "Herramientas de moderador en el chat" la cuál si se desactiva, los moderadores no podrán ver el historial del chat de ningún miembro, incluyendo el mío. Y la idea principal de esta publicación, es poder brindar la opción a los titulares del canal (emisores /streamers) de desactivar el historial de mi propio chat, pero no el de los demás.

En ves de desactivar el…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I understand that your shadowban on VPN users is probably in place for legitimate reasons (ie. to prevent people from ruining the chat experience for others with spam accounts and whatnot). However, if I am a VIP in someone's channel, it doesn't make sense for Twitch to interfere with my ability to participate in their chat. It's kind of annoying having to disconnect from my VPN just to talk to some of my favorite streamers. I don't think the streamers would want their VIPs to be unable to chat with them either.
    Again, I'm not asking you to lift the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some users are cheating by using farms of bots to spam their chat. They are doing this to make real viewers visit their stream, because usually viewers are watching channels where "some action" is happening.
    Real users and advertisers could see this kind of cheating if bots who post via API were highlighted or somehow marked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ID display in chat window is unnecessary. Just showing your nickname is enough. (For non-admins) (add setting)
    채팅창에 아이디 표시는 불필요합니다. 닉네임만 보여줘도 충분합니다. (관리자가 아닌 사람들에게는요) (설정 추가)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Using Chrome on two devices in the same room, with more than one Twitch tab open on each device (Settings, my own offline channel and its chat, a channel I'm watching, the Live Channels You Follow page), sometimes whispers begin to vanish with "Your whisper was not delivered." This goes away if I close some of the tabs. But having multiple tabs open is standard Twitch life.

Also, sometimes I am whispering to a mod something critical and time-sensitive, and detailed, and then the dreaded not delivered message comes. The worst part? The message has vanished and I have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When a chatter is being "watched" by mods.. dim their chat for the streamer. Perhaps also highlight chat for other mods?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would be cool a chat group together the normal chat like had a tool or a simple option that could find friends or new peoples to meet

Being this option you enter another chat but in the same stream and with people who can now be your friends

Ex:
    Normal chat -> click a button -> chatgroup( the same stream )

If could draw the idea would be better but i think it be enough

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think the sub gifting counter needs a rework to differentiate between the Tier 1 and Tier 2 and Tier 3 subs.

Take my man Davezortv for example. I gifted 5 Tier 2 subs but I'm counted as below the guy gifting 10 tier 1 subs. They're effectively the same in retail but if I gifted more tier 2 subs, that should reflect as Tier 2 gifted subs in the counter.

So per sub gifter there's a breakdown of:
    [Username]
    Tier 1 subs gifted
    Tier 2 subs gifted
    Tier 3 subs gifted

Looking forward to your thoughts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Chat Roulette Style View Partying/Chat Sessions:

Take random/anonymous people from chat and have them video/voice chat with each other and allow them to decide whether or not they want to rope more people into their convo too (so it's not so convoluted/everybody talking at once, you know.) Allow streamer to make parties/rooms if desired etc.

Muscle away at the use of Discord, Zoom, Hangouts (whatever the kids are using these days), would be convenient way for streamer's communities to become "stronger", more "together". Enjoy the shared viewing experience more a more authentic capacity than text and spazzing out with emotes/ascii…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As of right now the "USERS IN CHAT" menu displays all usernames in title-case.
    However the "STREAM CHAT" as well as the profile pop-up and profile pages all honor the capitalization set by the user. Referring to usernames that are all lowercase or have specific characters capitalized.

To add consistency in styling and improve readability, I would like to suggest styling the usernames the same way globally (on the entire platform).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Block all links automatically that are not trusted/owned by twitch and make the streamers manually add links they trust to a whitelist for whispers and their twitch chat

Noticed for the past 2 years that there has been active group DDoSing old school runescape streamers with fake lookalike ip grabbing links, like clipstwitch .live, imgur .us, gyazo .nl and yȯutube .com and they dont even get punished for it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since a few days, I noticed my chat input box has additional scroll buttons that overlays the emoticon button. I have uploaded a small screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/GmtufMp. This only seems to show when my zoom level in chrome is 100% or lower. When zooming at 110% or above the buttons disappear.

Windows 10, Chrome 94.0.4606.61, 2560x1440

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [ESP] Crearía otro Roles para darle a tus seguidores. Por ejemplo: 2 tipos de VIP. (VIP Legendarios/Dorado y VIP Común). O Roles personalizados con un icono custom.

[ENG] I would create another Roles to give to your followers. For example: 2 types of VIP. (Legendary VIP / Gold and Common VIP). Or Custom roles with a custom icon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?