Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello all, rather simple idea.

Hovering over a hyperlink in chat would temporarily pause scrolling. In some high-volume chat clicking a small link in chat feels like a reaction time minigame.

I understand you can scroll to pause chat but the ability to hover over, chat will be paused, and click conveniently would be really slick.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When tapping on the view counter, see number of unique chatters chatting now in chat (or number of users who send a message in the last minute) interesting for viewers and streamers, seeing it live. Since viewers does not correspond to number of people engaging with streamer or number of people streamer could engage with)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please make it possible for streamers to have chat go from top to botton, or bottom to top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'd like a (payed) feature to erase my chat history, which is viewable by channels based on my username. It's fine my chat history stays known to Twitch itself, but I'd like to start with a clean slate because my account is quite old and I've said things in the past in certain channels that I regret.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow creators to limit the allowable characters to be used in chat based on the languages the creator specifies. Link the languages to Unicode codepages to not unfairly limit non-Latin based languages. This could help alleviate some of the issues found with hatespeech and the recent hate raids. Messages that are filtered based on this, could be thrown into automod queue, or straight up not sent at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There should be an option to set up a bot without making a new account.

How it would work?
    You would have a bot tab, which allows you to get a link to connect other services to it like streamelements, streamlabs, etc

What are the benefits:
    1) people don't have to get their bots a subscription
    2) it's extremely easy to customise
    3) no one has a reason to create bot accounts unless it's meant with malice. Which would help a ton with things like tracking follow bots and hate raid bots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chatlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. By default, the chat embed shows a "Animated Emotes can be disabled in Settings" message. It shouldn't. It's confusing for every chat members. It just just be a text box and the messages. This message could animate in when the first Animated Emote is shown, not before that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Could You add the possibility to reply to an existing reply in chat ?
    The “reply” feature is cool but I think it’s kind of limited in the fact You only can reply to one message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When I thought I was discussing with the mod about my status about a channel I thought I was "off the mic". But apparently the mod conversation was "on a live mic".

There should be a username@twitch.tv email address to do long conversations with a streamer that are not meant to be looked at immediately on the air, live.

That way, if you want to discuss a permanent ban for one incident that was not clearly spelled out, and make your case, you can do it without risk of it being weaponized.

There should be a difference between "premeditated" acts…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Four things TBD to improve how Rules are displayed or dismissed.
    1. Remember whether or not someone has read the rule.
    → The way that Twitch remembers it is via cookies... Which is easily lost and leads to someone being upset if they have to be reminded EVERY SINGLE TIME cookies are cleared and on EVERY CHANNEL they go. At least have the decency to remember it!
    2. Auto-dismiss Chat Rules after some time.
    → Having to manually dismiss every single time can be quite a pain. So instead, add a timer for it to be dismissed automatically based on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Faço lives todos os dias, estou na luta de afiliados como outros mas esse bug não esta permitindo nós conseguirmos alcançar a meta de 3 espectadores, por favor twitch nos ajude!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Poder ser tener tanto el icono de Moderador como el de VIP en un mismo canal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now if you block a user and you moderate for a channel that said user is in, you will still see their messages. I have certain users blocked for a reason and me seeing them in chats that I moderate drives me away from the streams. The streamer does not want them banned, so that is not a viable option. I understand that as a moderator your job is to keep an eye on users, but other mods can help out regarding these instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add opportunity to hand over your VIP status to someone else in the chat, for example if you don't watch streamer anymore, or if you think that someone deserves it more than you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I really like having the "single bit cheered" badge even though I've cheered more. But if I cheer and end up as one of the top three for the week, or gift a sub and end up in the top three, or just... of its own accord, it changes it away from the one bit badge. Your choices should be your default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delay for Video Stream, not for chat, to prevent stream sniping but chat engagement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please remove "Denmark" as a "bad word" from the Twitch Auto mod.
    It is silly and slightly offensive that the mere word of mentioning my country gets my message removed. Twitch is an international community and part of that is about talking about one home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Definitely not expected behavior. Could we get the phrases you tried to type with Denmark so we can further investigate this? The more the better if possible.

19. Add positive comment buttons on and off for the host to only read positive and ban all negative comments, it is either abusive, sexual, bully, or anything that relates to negative though.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SUMMARY
    unlike most of the other "chat highlighting" ideas/complaints this idea is for a moderator tool

it would be a button available in Moderator Mode alongside the time out and ban buttons next to each comment in the chat.

The purpose of it is to ensure that other mods and the streamer notice that particular chat.

USAGE
    for the average streamer the most common usage of this would be for one mod to warn other mods to watch a particular person in the chat. maybe that person is "testing the water" by making increasingly escalating comments, but has not "crossed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?