Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. ive been watching streams for a little while now and it seems there are a few disagreements within chat, so my suggestion is simple what about an option to invite someone to a mini game of something simple like atari tennis or similar and settle this on the playing field instead of being toxic in a streamers chat, it could just be fun with no ranking or anything just old fashioned best of three with the ability to say i won neeer neer. just a thought i think it could be a fun idea and perhaps get people together aswell…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Imagine people with their own emoji of themself interacting in the chat, I don't know if that is possible but it should be like linking your bitmoji account to your twitch account and activating it in your twitch control panel in order to be used in chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add intelligence to detect and split Spam messages and real messages into two boxes for high velocity chat streams. Problem: When people have something valuable and meaningful to say, their message flies off the screen and into the void.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If enabled, this command would prohibit the use of any emote within a stream's chat.

A need for such a command becomes apparent in large streams such as this year's SGDQ, but can also be extremely useful site-wide, for any stream that might want to enable such an option. Using such a command in combination with the "R9KBeta" command, especially in larger stream chats, could help create a much more substantial and positive chat experience for all users involved.

An example syntax for this command could be as simple as:
    /textonly
    /textonlyoff

This would be beneficial not only for large…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow people to see their own chat history.

Wether it is someone who owns a channel, is a mod on a channel, or just a subscriber, it would be nice to come back to a channel a day or later and see what was said.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. if you are in chat, and you want to contact a mod regarding certain question/need help regaarding something, then by using @mods will message all the present mods the same way as you message them personally by their twitch names. This will ensure easier way for mods to notice if chat require their assistance, or for a viewer to reach a mod.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right now people can be distinguished by badges and name color, but allowing users to have different fonts can really help differentiate and provide more of a "personality" for chatters.

Streamers should be able to ban certain fonts in their streams that they find too hard to read or otherwise don't like.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello, sometimes I tend to chat with people therefore I completely miss out on what's actually happening with the game that the person is playing. On the other hand - sometimes I tend to watch broadcaster(s) in full screen and therefore if someone wanted to talk to me or just say something quickly - I would never know because I wouldn't be paying attention to chat. I can see that you guys are trying to keep things nice and simple here on Twitch and I appreciate it, you've already implemented "Whisper" feature - it's okay I guess, but what we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am displeased with the trolls in the chat section of a popular streamer.
    They are characterized by using ASCII art and a barrage of the same words, appearing on multiple lines.
    Therefore, I would like the option to display only the first line of a multi-line statement.
    This option would hopefully minimize the impact of the chat trolls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The current way isn't perfect and could do with a revamp.

I believe this should be changed to the amount of time followed in total instead of showing the date the user followed.

This will solve the problems with users accidentally unfollowing their favourite channels and then having to completely restart their followage.

It could work a bit like the subs. Where it shows the amount of time you're actively subscribed. And when you stop subscribing it shows how long you've been previously subscribed for.

For Example It could say 'Following For (active follow time)' when the user is following…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lately I noticed how bad the current way to block links is, so I would like to present this alternative:
    → If link blocking is on, instead of showing "***", show "<Link Withheld>" and provide a prompt for the moderation (similar to automod's prompts) where the link is shown alongside the domain Notoriety level and the options "block" and "allow" and a checkbox for "never ask again for this domain".
    → If Allowed, the Notoriety of the domain is lowered and "<Link Withheld>" gets replaced by the link proper.
    → If blocked, the Notoriety of the domain is raised and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. alerts that appear separate from chat for warnings on behavior and other things that go by to fast in large chat streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding an restrict command to mobile applications for more ease for mobile users
    Please make moderating easier for mobile users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Usually in the stream description you can see a plenty of commands like !rules !sabathon !youtube !gift !drops !tg !etc
    The idea is to give streamers the feature there they will register such commands with its brief description.
    And when chat user starts message with "!" symbol, a suggestions will appear.
    Similar to mods commands starting with "/".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sería idea poder tener la opción de crear listas con saltos de línea dentro del chat para algunos comandos del canal, de tipo.

• Texto 1
    • Texto 2
    • Texto 3

Hasta el momento no he encontrado nada similar a eso.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm integrating EventSub in my bot, and noticed that it has an event for redemptions just like PubSub, so I'm basically replacing PubSub with EventSub as it is so much more capable.

One problem so far is that the data coming in from EventSub: channel.channelpointscustomrewardredemption.add does not contain the old property: redemptionsredeemedcurrent_stream, or any substitute for it.

Is this planned? I use it for one my my rewards, so I have an interest in it being added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On Discord, it has the method that if I post something from https://hammertime.cyou/en in a format such as <t:1675032360:F>

It would display for all users as text for the marked time, but it looks up the computers local time, and displays it customized for them.

It would be nice to have this function in Twitch Chat as well, so you could have a timer that said "this event ends at <date and time>" or "I will be live again at <date and time>" and it would auto-configure the resulting timestamp into the viewers local time format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This idea is to prevent spoilers and backsitting.

So they way mods have prevented these things until now was deleting spoilers/backsitting/etc very quickly hoping the streamer won't see it. But sometimes it happens anyways.

So my idea is this: when you activate "Spoiler mode" you can only see the messages that have been aproved as "safe" by the mods. That way, everyone is safe 100% garanteed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The idea is to better counter the issue with unwanted links and at the same time provide a way for regulars to post links without getting purged by botmods such as Moobot, AnKbot, Nightbot, etc.

How it works: The streamer and their mods gets a new option ("Links in Chat" to allow them to limit how links acts in chat from the moment this option is changed onward. Possible values:
    • "Allow" - Just allows link, unregulated except for the case there's a URL in the blacklist (example: TinyURL).
    • "Moderated" - Puts messages containing links "on hold", similar to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We need Gifs added to chat for more interesting experience. Plus a Gif only chat would be extra funny and keep things awesome.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?