Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. Allow API to post highlighted messages.

We get donations and I want to post them to the chat under the channel account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When you are reading the chat and see a lot of @johndoe "Ah ah ah good one", we are curious about what john doe said and was so funny. To avoid the scroll, it should be possible to have an automatic scroll to the last message of John Doe by clicking on his name and select "see last message". Considering the scenario up here, his nickname will be present a lot (so not only be able to click on his name when he speaks, but also when he is mentioned).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Expand the chat choice awards by platformizing it as something that can be done at the channel level with channel-specific categories and awards as well (could generate a ton of engagement). It would be a ton of fun for smaller and mid-sized channels to have things like favorite game of the past year and exciting games for the coming year (using a list of games that the channel sets). Other channel-specific awards - best moments (great for incentivizing users to tag highlights throughout the year and for surfacing them later), favorite channel moderator, best community member, fail of the year,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement some kind of keyword tagging system similar to a # that will sort chat bubbles that have either a user generated tag or that Twitch can determine to be relevant to certain situations that occur within a live chat. Picture a College Note style organization but tailored to twitch conversations with the idea above. This will help Twitch Streamers to not have to repeat themselves and also keep them organized and enable them the ability to see trends within their chat , and helps the end user find relevant ways to interact with the audience they are a part…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. permitir ver o avatar das pessoas quando entrar no chat e deixar usuarios comum com uma cor só e moderadores e vip de uma cor padrão também!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. By clicking on the chat user’s nickname, a menu appears where you can contact the user, and his nickname will be copied to your chat message. A more convenient way to access than using the @ symbol and spelling a nickname.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be cool if Twitch had a clap feature. For instance, beneath chat and next to channel points, there could be some button that could be spammed that would contribute to a clap meter. As more viewers click the button, the greater the meter shines (maybe from green to red, with red indicating high activity). I think this would be an additional way for viewers to express their hype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. an ability to have one chat member focussed and have a box come up with their messages specifically, for example if they're telling a story or something and you want to see all their messages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For example when the words "ban" "unban" or "moderator" are mentioned, more than likely the user is trying to reach out to the Moderators of the channel.
    In a similar approach, we can also track users of the last X amount of messages sent because the user may also be likely to be replying to a comment. If the content of the previous messages match what the user is typing, then they will likely tag that former person as well.

I see that a lot of ideas posted regarding chat are about improving this tagging experience, and what better way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Holding CTRL and pressing the Delete key should delete the full word to the right of the cursor, like how holding CTRL and pressing Backspace deletes whole word to the left of the cursor, but doesn't seem to work on the text boxes of Twitch. I only tested the chat input and the search bar at the top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I see many live streamers in a blind run who keep running the warning messages about hints, suggestions and spoilers and while I'm looking at all of it I keep thinking "why enable the live chat at all in this case"? "Why stream live at all when the option does not exist"?

The only way I could imagine it's possible is making the bot spam the clear command on chat continuously, but it would clear all the messages of the bot too that the others could find useful.

Other streaming sites have this option, so why not Twitch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a separate chat channel that only allows only 10 comments to be posted a minute (or something similar), with an added chat queue system. If I type a comment, I will have to wait in a queue for my comment to be posted, as only a certain amount of comments will be posted to the chat within a timeframe.

This will make it so a chat channel exists without a crazy amount of comment volume. It will allow streamers to actually see and read comments people are making. Yes, it does mean a lot of comments won't be posted,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i was wondering if you could make it so we could delete our own comments everyone makes mistakes and but we cant delete our mistakes. also any chance making it possible for mods to be able to delete comments without putting people in timeouts not all comments need to be timed out. that would be awesome thank you
    canadiangirl1984

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to use gifs in Twitch chat like I can in Discord chats and on Twitter. Some things can be more easily expressed via gifs. If this feature is implemented it could also come with the ability to ban certain gifs such as if a channel has something against pasta they could ban all gifs with 'pasta' as one of the search tags.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When we're watching a broadcast, I think it would be a good idea for the whole chat log to be scrollable and not just snippets cut off like every 5 minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I totally get the reasoning but lets be honest a lot of the humor on twitch is cheeky straddling the line of offensive. Without the context of that channels convo at the time it totally misrepresents the jokes being made when viewed in that history manor. If you dont understand this view then you dont understand comedy and comedy is a massive part of the twitch community. This feature is misrepresenting every ones statements making them seem harsher then they actually are. The art of comedy is to getting people to laugh at things they never thought would be funny…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So that I could tell how many more symbols I can add to my chat message before the moderating bot would delete that message and time me out for sending it. Accordingly to the streamer's settings of the moderating bot of course.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Followers-only mode is discouraging finding new streams. Especially when streams have ONE HOUR followers only mode. The mode is misused to gain followers instead of preventing spam. Why do I have to follow every channel I want to chat in?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For anyone who isn't using the twitch website to stream e.g. console users or even allow mods to do it for you. This would be a much appreciated implementation after Communities were taken away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?