Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

278 results found

1. Do you sometimes see channels with 0 or 5 viewers and they are very quiet because they have no topic of conversation?
    The idea is to integrate a bot with ia (using chatgpt, for example) that will go through the channels that have few viewers asking them questions about what they are playing, how is their day going... to encourage the streamer to talk and attract more audience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On a web browser, there is no way to view chat in fullscreen, which is insane and decreases user interaction immensely. Even just overlaying some chat on the right, even read only, would make viewing experience much better. Do twitch developers not use their own product?? I have to install a chrome extension to do this, just to watch my favourite streamer!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So i always try to find clips in certain live streams after they end and alot of the times they are 12H live streams so its borderline impossible at the moment to find a 15S clip. The feature I would love to see is chat search where essentially you can search through all the messages in the stream vod and its really easy even for the streamer or editor to find the moment they were looking for exactly especially if they remember a specific message from a specific user then they could type that in pn some sort of promp…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. An option for a viewer to toggle the on-screen-chat on or off.
    If you like it then you can enable it on every stream.
    If you don't like it then you can disable it on every stream.

Right now I see that it is very devided and it completely depends on the streamer. I personally think it would be better if the viewer could decide what they prefer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the Chat, the User selects dual line language learner:

Mode 1:
    1) Under each chat word of the unknown language sentence, post the translated word of the user language. This quickly aids new word learning of a different language but in the same order as the words in the sentence…Later on, one can add a line for the tense and part of speech of each word. Or flip through all three using this same second line.

Mode 2
    Translate the chat sentence … this doesn’t necessarily show what each word means nor is organized in the same word order…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want that when a user responded to a message, this message could be navigated to. it is very convenient, because it is not visible what is written in full, and the chat quickly flies away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Two ideas:
    1: Spam chat filter (how often we see repeated messages)
    2: Custom chat filter (we can add word / message we don't want to see in chat).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow for Font sizes and Font customization beyond the limited availability that Twitch currently has.

Arial and the current font sizes are not accessible/work for everyone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It is no surprise that if you watched any stream, most streamers have "Regulars" that they game with. I think there should be a badge a streamer can give to those that they play with constantly on stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wenn man in den Stream eines Content-Creators joint steht folgende Nachricht im Chat: Willkommen im Chat!- Ich würde vorschlagen dass man diese Nachricht Customizen kann, dass dann sowas steht wie: Ich wünsche dir viel Spaß in meinem Chat! -oder sonstige Nachrichten

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My chat filters delete a couple pretty specific terms/phrases. But even people whom I've seen before in my chat and enjoy the company of still fall prey to my filters from time to time. And it's quite disheartening when all of their contributions to the chat are completely purged because of one new message.

With instances like this, for old and new users, it would benefit not just myself, but a good chunk of other streamers from what I've seen, to have things so that ONLY those individual messages with the actual filtered content gets deleted, as opposed to a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As the topic says,

a feature to AUTOMATICALLY restrict and monitor all accounts following your channel the same day as the accounts where made.

This would save me and most likely others a lot of work going through your follower list everyday to keep obsessed psychopaths out.

I am of course talking about the new marking feature that recently came to be where you can choose to monitor a suspicious chatter and even restrict his messages from being seen by the rest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have some Community Members for 3+ years now and sometimes I’d love to see their very first chat message just to see how it all began!
    I would be so cool if we could have a jump to top feature to see their first chat messages!
    Nostalgia, walk down memory lane. All those things. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Polls are great, but the limited time scales hinders their usefulness.

An hour to choose what people want to see at the start of a stream would be great.

Multi-day/no limit polls would be good for questions you want a wider opinion of. Some viewers are only on at the weekend etc, easy to miss their opinion, forcing us to use external tools or discord (it would be preferable for us all to keep this interaction on twitch)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Like A Pop Up In The Chat Like A Big Purple bar with what you announced Just like a prediction but an announcement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. provide at all the moderators the possibility to send a message at all the present moderators with a @modo in the chat and the personn should be indicate if the message should be visible for the "standard poeple" and the same for vip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. One annoying thing on a stream is when the streamer (or even the chat users) answer the same questions over and over.
    A cool feature that could be added is a new command called Question.
    When the message begins with a "/?", a bot could try to answer to the question ask depending on keywords that is it.
    The streamer would just have to think about common questions that people ask, finding keywords of the questions, and then mapping it to an answer.
    On the chat, a bot would show the possible answers that could fit. Then and only then,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's very important to implement filters, because i need, for example, to view firt message from specific user, or view messages per month, by keyword, and so on. Implement many filters please. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please allow streamers to place specific user in chat in Emote Only Mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When a mod deletes a message because of a rules violation of the steam a link to those rules should be in the deleted message. This could help the mods in a few ways. They would not have to spam messages in the chat about not using caps or spamming with a message that has words all in caps. they could just delete the message and it have a link in the deleted message so the user is not left to say, "WTF, why was my message deleted". Then they have to be told to read the rules, it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?