Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

274 results found

1. I've been looking at the way messages refresh in a busy chat channel. All messages are shifted upward every time a refresh takes place, thus, changing their location all the time. This makes it difficult to finish reading messages, as your eyes need to re-adjust constantly to new messages as well as all old messages re-appearing in new places. This is the case, even though messages stay on-screen sufficient time to read them, if only they didn't move.

So, currently you see:
    message 1
    message 2
    message 3 <--

followed by
    message 2
    message 3 <--
    message 4

and:
    message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For example when the entire chat spams "LUL" emote because something funny happened, you just have to left click at one of the "LULs" sent by users and it automatically gets put into your "Send a Message" box ready to use.

This would make the Chat more active because you dont have to type the entire emote name especially if its an emote you dont know the name of, then you could just click on it and send it, instead of checking the name and typing it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. One aspect of Twitch I personally dislike is that any user can obtain any color in your room. Its detrimental to the theme you've created, or purchased, for your stream. It isn't personalized to you, its personalized to them...

I would absolutely love it if Twitch streamers had an option to set up customized username colors for their chatters based on their interactions.

For example;
    - First-time viewer; Green
    - Viewer that hasn't followed; Gray
    - Follower; Purple
    - Donator; Orange
    etc...

This way, you can see at a glance who contributes to your stream regularly, and not only that,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. give mods the ability to have a swordfight/minigame in chat. this would give the mods something to do in chat and also be a way to let the streamer know mods are always active. i have seen streamers ask if there is a mod in chat. this way all the streamer would have to do is look over and see there are at least 2 active at the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sohbetde kullanılan komutlar için ayrı bir sohbet penceresi olması fazla yer kaplayan komut yorumlarından arındırılmış olur. Sohbet daha sağde ve kolay takip edilebilir olmuş olur.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. shniffles I would like to be a smexy mustard colour in light mode (can't use dark mode sadly) ;~: the only yellow is a baby poo colour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When watching a stream, and people keep giving out gift subs, the chat window keeps opening and shrinking the actual video I am watching. Either allow us to turn off gift subscription notifications or let us turn off chat entirely. Otherwise, I will stop subscribing and just watch on YouTube later.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A separate chat box that catches @ messages to that specific user, i'm in a chat that move fast at time and i miss a few messages that people have @ me in so i thing a separate box at the bottom to show your own @s from other people would be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When many messages are being sent at the same time in the chat, you can't really scroll up to look at an emote name for example. The chat auto-locks back to the bottom, no matter how hard you scroll up. A feature to disable that auto-relock would be great I think, so we can scroll up manually, then we can go back to the bottom with the already existing button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. So as a mainly RP watcher. You can quickly see people who jump from stream to stream and be so toxic to the streamers. Not only does this affect the streamers but ultimately everyone. My idea is this

• Have a streamers eyes only chat mode

Right now we have subs only and bans etc. But it doesn't really help people will go on and on about it and fuel it. If only the streamer could see it it would eliminate chat to chat Arguments. And be less toxic. Just a idea but I think it would work wonders. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch chat in popular channels is more about reactions than it is about actual chat. Unfortunately - as fun as chat spam can be - it makes moderation difficult and completely destroys any semblance of discussion that the streamer or chatters may want to have. r9k mode was an answer but, unfortunately, breaks down the way certain chat bots work and ruins, rather than facilitates, certain forms of chat that streamers may want.

I propose that streamers be given the option to enable a customizable "popular messages" feature for their chat. Such a feature would catch any message spam and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow 2 different user name font colors - one for dark theme background and another for light theme background which switches back and forth automatically.
    Some colors look great in one version but are literally unreadable in the other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch partners get more "distinct" colors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For people watching VODS, let people use the transparent chat like you can do during live streams. It would allow you to have a much cleaner look and be better than black bars taking up some of the screen and making the video smaller.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mouseovers for channel points and emotes pop up too soon, get in the way and make it difficult to select. It gets annoying and time consuming to mouse away to somewhere else on screen and back to select an emote or a series of them in my commonly used that is blocked by a mouseover popup {userYYemoteZ}. I already know whose emote it is! Also same problem with the bonus channel point redeem. I can't click on it when it's covered by the mouseover pop up. I can see how some nerd thought it might be a neat idea, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When automod catches a message and its denied, the whole message including the persons name who sent it disappears, which is a pain for wanting to ban the person if needed. Can there be something remaining for only mods to see, so we can ban the name?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The popup for the emote description that comes up when cursoring over an emote in chat is causing it to be hard to select things in chat. I.E. when highlighting a raid message to right click and copy it when the channel you are watching raids another channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like the option to better format the pinned messages. For example being able to list a few bulletpoints. Right now it clumps it all together no matter what and that makes the message not come across that well. Or some other way longer messages could be shared with good visibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is very common to receive raids from channels that were broadcasting a game completely different from the one you are currently playing, causing most viewers to leave the broadcast that received the raid immediately, if there was a way to place a restriction on the game , to receive a raid from a channel that was playing the same game as you at the time you are receiving the raid, I believe that the chances of viewers remaining on the broadcast are greater than that of a game different from the one you are playing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?