Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I feel like it'd be pretty simple to implement:
    allow mods to toggle their chat messages to be hidden from the viewers. This would be useful in the case of chatbot maintenance (so chat isn't flooded with command lines), asking the broadcaster a sensitive question, or just allowing the mods to work behind the scenes unintrusively.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trolls use stream points to highlight their offensive messages. When a moderator bans them, their regular posts are deleted while the highlighted messages remain visible. The highlighted messages should be deleted as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be a very useful option for moderators to be able to control the slowmode for subs and non-subs in the moderation settings of the broadcaster.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get colored /me again! Because updated it looks absolutely stupid!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello Twitch, I'm having trouble with my stream. First, my viewer is count is wrong because when I had 7 viewers on stream it said 2. Also when I had 5 viewers while I was streaming it said 1!! Secondly, when I have viewers in my chat they're not chatting!!! Can you FIGURE OUT IF THEY ARE BOTS or just regular people watching my stream. Everytime I stream 1 viewer comes but he doesn't cHAT SOMEONE TELL ME WHY!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would love a Twitch chat with a better performance because when I type something in Chat I have to wait sometimes up to 3 seconds until the message gets sent and I did not ever have the same problem with external chat programs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding a way to disable chat helps with people who bot others channels.
    This is a great feature to implement to help moderators/streamers control the chat in a faster and easier way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi! When i stream, my chat is always quiet and I don't like to talk to a wall when no one, who is watching, don't respond back to me. my chat is always quiet and I'm not a talker myself. I'm introverted and I don't want to look like I'm crazy and talking to myself when no one is answering back. :(
    I like to talk to someone who answer back in the chat - and I have said that too while I'm streaming. "I'm not a talker myself and I would like someone to talk to who responds back.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Instead of having to post hyperlinks in chat that vary in character length/size; it would be great if hyperlinks could be used as markdown text in chat similar to panels. Hovering over links could be used as well here to display to the user which website the link leads to. This would be very useful for chat bots plus broadcasters and moderators could restrict markdown to themselves and/or view full links in chat instead to minimize scam or inappropriate links to other websites.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a badge which rewards viewers with the longest consecutive subscription. These "Longest Streak" badges would appear like the current Founder badges, and reward viewers who either:

A) Met a certain threshold of consecutive subscribed months, and/or

B) Ranked within the top 10 longest consecutively-subscribed viewers
    (top # could be modified and scaled with the size of the streamer)

This badge concept would reward those viewers who maybe weren't lucky enough to find the stream early and get a Founder's badge, but still have been consistent and unwavering in their support of the streamer they love watching.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. il serait intéressant d'avoir un chat pour les modérateurs d'une chaine, pour ce donner des infos pendant un live sans passer par une autre application tiers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twitch has launched new Auto-Mod settings, and included Misogyny, while failing to include a category for Misandry.

Misandry is defined as; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male ***).

This description is perfect for the failures of Twitch in recognising the hourly verbal abuse and violence that men experience on their platform.

It is worse that this violence against men is completely ignored by Twitch, and Twitch allows it to happen.

I believe Twitch's behaviour is illegal, as they are discriminating against all men based on their gender.

What will Twitch do to remedy this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I think carrying the bans over to the raided streamer's channel would help many raided creator's with the trolls that may have been watching the previous channel. This would mainly help with bigger creators raiding smaller creators! the raided creator's mods could maybe accept or deny the ban requests maybe, and if they accept, all the people who were banned in the previous chat get banned in theirs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please remove hindsight 2020 emotes, I didnt ask for them, I dont want them, and there is no way to remove them. Every time i scroll through to find an emote i am reminded of the past. Very stupid idea.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I've been looking at the way messages refresh in a busy chat channel. All messages are shifted upward every time a refresh takes place, thus, changing their location all the time. This makes it difficult to finish reading messages, as your eyes need to re-adjust constantly to new messages as well as all old messages re-appearing in new places. This is the case, even though messages stay on-screen sufficient time to read them, if only they didn't move.

So, currently you see:
    message 1
    message 2
    message 3 <--

followed by
    message 2
    message 3 <--
    message 4

and:
    message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. For example when the entire chat spams "LUL" emote because something funny happened, you just have to left click at one of the "LULs" sent by users and it automatically gets put into your "Send a Message" box ready to use.

This would make the Chat more active because you dont have to type the entire emote name especially if its an emote you dont know the name of, then you could just click on it and send it, instead of checking the name and typing it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There should be two different accounts. One for streamers and one for viewers. I noticed most streamers tend to flirt more with other streamers. This distracts the audience. There should be a new rule streamers can't view other streamers. Raids should be random not chosen. If this is going to happen. Safety reasons for women streamers being lurk by older male streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alguien puede decirme como solucionar el problema que Tus mensajes en el chat no aparecen en ningún stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. One aspect of Twitch I personally dislike is that any user can obtain any color in your room. Its detrimental to the theme you've created, or purchased, for your stream. It isn't personalized to you, its personalized to them...

I would absolutely love it if Twitch streamers had an option to set up customized username colors for their chatters based on their interactions.

For example;
    - First-time viewer; Green
    - Viewer that hasn't followed; Gray
    - Follower; Purple
    - Donator; Orange
    etc...

This way, you can see at a glance who contributes to your stream regularly, and not only that,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We should get badges for donations as we have for bit cheering and sub gifting

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?