Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Based on my experience watching a lot of DJ's currently streaming the chat can get very busy and this makes it hard to keep up with conversations.

Could a 'VIP room' option be added where there is either a separate chat for any Subscribers/VIP status members or could some of the other users chat be filtered or offset to make picking out chat from certain users easier?

The username colours help a little but as this is repeated a lot in a busy chat the username has to be read to pick out comments from friends.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. So, my issue with Highlighted Messages is that almost all the time they get drowned out by the other messages anyways, especially with larger streamers. The whole point (To my understanding) of highlighted messages is to make them more visible to the streamer, which often doesn't happen for the reason I stated earlier.

So here's how I think this can be improved: Separate regular chat from Highlighted Chat. This way the highlighted messages won't be drowned out. Even though the cost, and by extension the frequency of Highlighted Messages will vary and could be low OR high, it still won't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When you watch a stream with thousands of viewers, I'd like to be able to chat with users easier, but it scrolls by so fast that it's not even worth trying. My idea is to have a breakout window. If you get @mentioned, it goes in that breakout window. You could also just add users to that breakout so you'll always see what they are typing. It would make chat for large streams better. Also, if you have to look away for a second you won't miss anything.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Suggestion:
    Add a way for a user to highlight specific words or users in chat.

Reason:
    I find myself trying to read certain users comments/topics, but they often get lost in the general chat stream. This often happens when the channel has a moderator running the chat portion of the stream while the person on camera is talking. The ability to highlight a user or a certain word would help locate them in a busy chat situation.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clicking a sub emote of any channel should have the option to unlock via points, its more accessible and will encourage and reward use of points

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi !
    It can be nice :
    To be able to create private rooms on its channel. (One for subs / one for moderators etc.)
    These are examples. It seems to me that it was available before but it was rather and I find it a shame.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. when you click to chat in the first time in a stream, the chat rules appears, and I think the majority of people don't actually read the rules, and a good idea would be that the streamer sets an amount of time that the chat rules stay there, then people actually read the rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be nice to include a option to group chat via whisper instead of just messaging with one specific person.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Smile icons shown with bugs or not shown at all with cyrillic languages (russian) with mobile App (Android/Apple).
    Please fix asap, this bug appeared for 2 months already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I feel like it'd be pretty simple to implement:
    allow mods to toggle their chat messages to be hidden from the viewers. This would be useful in the case of chatbot maintenance (so chat isn't flooded with command lines), asking the broadcaster a sensitive question, or just allowing the mods to work behind the scenes unintrusively.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get colored /me again! Because updated it looks absolutely stupid!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello Twitch, I'm having trouble with my stream. First, my viewer is count is wrong because when I had 7 viewers on stream it said 2. Also when I had 5 viewers while I was streaming it said 1!! Secondly, when I have viewers in my chat they're not chatting!!! Can you FIGURE OUT IF THEY ARE BOTS or just regular people watching my stream. Everytime I stream 1 viewer comes but he doesn't cHAT SOMEONE TELL ME WHY!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would love a Twitch chat with a better performance because when I type something in Chat I have to wait sometimes up to 3 seconds until the message gets sent and I did not ever have the same problem with external chat programs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding a way to disable chat helps with people who bot others channels.
    This is a great feature to implement to help moderators/streamers control the chat in a faster and easier way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi! When i stream, my chat is always quiet and I don't like to talk to a wall when no one, who is watching, don't respond back to me. my chat is always quiet and I'm not a talker myself. I'm introverted and I don't want to look like I'm crazy and talking to myself when no one is answering back. :(
    I like to talk to someone who answer back in the chat - and I have said that too while I'm streaming. "I'm not a talker myself and I would like someone to talk to who responds back.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Instead of having to post hyperlinks in chat that vary in character length/size; it would be great if hyperlinks could be used as markdown text in chat similar to panels. Hovering over links could be used as well here to display to the user which website the link leads to. This would be very useful for chat bots plus broadcasters and moderators could restrict markdown to themselves and/or view full links in chat instead to minimize scam or inappropriate links to other websites.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create a badge which rewards viewers with the longest consecutive subscription. These "Longest Streak" badges would appear like the current Founder badges, and reward viewers who either:

A) Met a certain threshold of consecutive subscribed months, and/or

B) Ranked within the top 10 longest consecutively-subscribed viewers
    (top # could be modified and scaled with the size of the streamer)

This badge concept would reward those viewers who maybe weren't lucky enough to find the stream early and get a Founder's badge, but still have been consistent and unwavering in their support of the streamer they love watching.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice if we could ban the use of emotes from other streamers who are banned in our channels. We can individually type in their emote tag as a banned word in our bots, but it would be nice to have a global setting to prevent the messages with those emotes to even be sent in chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Twitch has launched new Auto-Mod settings, and included Misogyny, while failing to include a category for Misandry.

Misandry is defined as; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male ***).

This description is perfect for the failures of Twitch in recognising the hourly verbal abuse and violence that men experience on their platform.

It is worse that this violence against men is completely ignored by Twitch, and Twitch allows it to happen.

I believe Twitch's behaviour is illegal, as they are discriminating against all men based on their gender.

What will Twitch do to remedy this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?