Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have an option to make chat appear on the left instead of the right.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Likeable chat messages. We must get a chance to like a chat message while we are watching a stream. And we will be able to see who gets most likes or dislikes. In my opinion, it definitely provides much more chatting, viewers. You should get this feature, you should make it happen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to NOT see bots listed under "users in chat". It is annoying and I can't tell who is a real viewer and who is a bot.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Broadcaster can Limit his Stream for a certain number of viewers. Usefull for Streamer who doesnt want to much Viewer.
    Usefull for Special Streams or Special Themes.
    You can also buy a ticket in pre sale for the stream to support the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If we are in the top 3 subs of a stream, we should have a badge with the trophie to show that we are on the top.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Everytime a friend writes in chat, we can see their message highlighted. Or being able to select a user and highlight all the messages they write, perhaps temporarily. This funcionality allows users to deepen their individual experience with chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Inserts a feature which allows the streamer or other moderators to add trusted members of the community to be a moderator when a channel becomes busier than usual or no moderators are actively in chat. This would allow the streamer to further concentrate on their business, whilst not having to worry about a potential moderator overload when the channel is not busy (eg 8 mods to 5 viewers)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Commenters shouldn't have the power to have a channel flagged or worse, the person who commented should have their account penalized so that the community has a cleaner chat due to less people wanting to have their own account held accountable for their own actions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello everyone!

I have an idea that would help me and maybe others to improve the twitch usage a lot by offering a second / optional position of the chat.

IDEA: A optional chat position under the stream with the same width as the stream itself. So the stream can use the full width of the browser and the chat too! Normal and optional chat position via toggle would be great.

The reason why i had this idea:

Normally the chat is on the right side of the stream, which is perfectly fine when using twitch in a browser only. …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to mod view on Mobile chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi guys, I'm new here but i'm quite angry for what happened just now to a friend of mine. She started streaming a few months ago and she is giving her all to provide her little audience with a fun, polite and interactive experience. Despite her devotion to these principles, some users in 2020 still enjoy entering chats in group only to flame, spam racist stuff and other forms of hate. I get that in some ways you can manage your chat to prevent this stuff to happen but for small streamers it's kinda hard to manage on their own.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There should be an option on twitch where you can have the chat sidebar smoothly scroll up, rather than move up immediately each time a new message is sent. The current view makes it so hard to follow along, as you have to constantly flick your eyes upward in some of the more quick moving streams.

The new option could speed up/slow down based on how much comment traffic is going on at the moment. Seems like a very easy idea for twitch to implement

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add some type of liking and disliking messages in chat. I feel like this is a good way to make chat experience more interactive. I know I personally prefer to read chat rather than type my own messages (unless I'm spamming) so I think that a good way to allow lurkers to interact more with chat would be some like and dislike feature. someone posts something funny, you can like it. A mod types anything at any time, you can dislike it. probably make it togglable both for streamers and viewers.

I believe this would be a good next step…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add a animated colors for nickname like you could have 2 colors or i would be animated

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To be able to choose the emote prefix. I don't like my emote prefix and I wish I could just type the one I had thought of.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Solo me deja mandar chats y que me vean en canales donde soy mod en otro chats no me ven, ¿alguna solución?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you connect your twitch account with a game, if ranked, it would show next to your name in chat. Only when you are watching a stream listed under that game it would show.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to upload any image to the chat of any streamer, which has a sample duration of about 30 seconds, which by default can only be uploaded by the content creator and channel moderators and which has a filter in case obscene things are uploaded. Images from twitter or any platform could also be shown and displayed as the cover of the Clips in the chat.

This could show in the chat, with command, more personalized badges or a random face of any follower / subscriber that the streamer has previously created, without strictly diverting attention from the broadcast.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It doesn't hurt anyone to just allow banned users to view the chat without the ability to write something.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an "are you sure" pop-up acknowledgement for the Moderator's Clear Chat link in the Chat Settings, to cover inadvertent selection of the link. I have on occasion hit the "Clear Chat" link when I was aiming for "Manage Moderation Settings" or "Switch to Non-Mod Settings", which annoys everyone in chat and the Streamer as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?