Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Because apparently you cannot be contacted anywhere, and moderators are way over their heads, removing comments with NOTHING wrong, by the rules and relevant answer to another comment. This is ridiculous, I waited long for the account, long for the permission to say something to chat in a place what I decided to watch and follow. And I answered to normal comment, with normal comment. nothing ******, nothing violent, only normal. like "<the users thing> is a fraud, but this is beautiful> .. hundreds of comment above mentioned beauty, and there was nothing wrong. When I commented about that atrocity,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Banned viewers can use raids as an opportunity to do the things that got them banned from said channel.

Another idea to fix the suggestion I have is if someone gets banned, they will not be allowed to watch the stream either, and they cannot access the twitch channel page for said streamer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mods are banning users across multiple channels without reason.

Owners of channels need more transparency when it comes to bans from rogue mods. These mods are blatantly abusing their powers to ban users from channels that they have never even chatted in. These users are bringing this issue up to other mods like myself, and I've experienced it personally from corrupt mods. We need more methods of dealing with rogue mods that are banning users. They need to flag users, and have owners of channels make the final move. This current method is empowering people that have no reason being…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• *italic text*,

• **bold text**,

• `Discord-style inline code` (greetings!),

• \*escaped, non-italic text\*,

• \n, new-line (otherwise CTRL+Enter); maybe only allowed for verified bots,

• etc.

It would be really cool to have. As a streamer and bot dev, the first example that comes to mind might be:

> Wrong usage. `!help <topic>` to show help about a specific topic or command.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I’ve got a Bluetooth keyboard paired to my AppleTV, but I can’t use it in the Twitch app. It’d be nice!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can we get a global badge based on the total number of gifted subs across all channels?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like the ability to hyperlink steam:// links in my chat so I can have my bot dynamically post join able games on command. An example link looks like this.

steam://joinlobby/{steamGameId}/{steamLobbyId}/{steamUserId}.

Currently I can have my bot post the above link but since it is not a hyperlink it shows as plain text and users need to copy/past into a browser.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I think that streamers should have the ability to be able to make their own custom mod and vip badges, without frankerfacez.

Since not every streamer has FFZ, they should have the ability to make their own since the default sword and diamond can potentially not fit a streamers theme/color theme. A lot of streamers have those. and the current colors can not fit those

Sure, sub badges are meant for those in a way, but if a streamer wants it all to fit together, custom vip and mod badges would be a great help to those streamers

If you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. An easy way for streamers to add a set badge to Trusted chatters so its easier for them and chat to sort through the trash. And might promote less garbage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. So i have been streaming for a little bit now. I really like watching twitch streams from other country's but its hard to talk to them because of language difference. yesterday i was streaming and 12 Korean natives stopped by. They Knew a little English but not enough to type it. it would be cool if chat auto translated so streamers or viewer could read the chat. i wanna know what they are saying in chat when I watch Non English streamers and it might help streamers reach more people

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hey!

I know a lot of streamers (including me) who have a "self sacrifice" channel point redemption and my MODS for some reason always want to redeem it...

I was wondering if we can get timeout that don't remove MOD status to a MOD but when banned that their MOD status would still be removed.

I know it is this way to prevent anyone with access to the person's account that is MOD or the MOD themselves posting, breaking rules. I've had MODs break rules and do some pretty awful stuff (Try to ban everyone) but most part IMO if…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be very helpful if chat mods were able to exceed the 500 character chat limit. This is especially so when trying to input something into Nightbot but having the message to be too long and not being able to say what you want to say.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. On the left side of viewers names in chat, have a small profile picture so that people are more distinguishable. Would be better for smaller streamers and looks aesthetically pleasing. You could also make this an option that streamers can set in their chat settings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There have been many times where a follower in chat has asked to be called a certain name, other than their Twitch username. If there is a way that the streamer can assign a nickname to a person in chat, that only the streamer can see, I think that would be helpful and a way to connect even better with regular viewers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add smooth scrolling on chat (Including VODs). The way chat currently jumps is so annoying as you lose where you were every time it updates

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think it would be a really good idea to have the ability to delete messages on your phone as a moderator for chat

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I suggest a sound effect when someone "@s" or 'pings' you in the chat you are currently watching. Same goes with receiving 'whispers' as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There are a ton of really cool global badges that are no longer obtainable due to Twitch no longer selling games on the site. Seems a shame that these icons were created by some talented staff but nearly no one has them.
    It would be neat to see them put out to the public again in some fashion.

Emotes are a huge draw for limited time events. People LOVE getting new emotes and showing them off. But the emote list is getting a little chonky. Maybe in the future we could have limited time events but earn new badges as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the "Follower-only Chat (!)" warning to be shown on ALL channels, regardless of you currently following the channel or not following it.

Currently, you only see this notice when you do not follow the channel that is using Follower-only chat. Upon following, this warning/notice goes away forever.

This creates two issues:

1. Streamers very often forget their chat is in follower-only mode for days or weeks because there's no visual indicator on the webpage UI unless you click into the cog-wheel menu. This may cause reduced chat activity or leave a bad impression for new viewers.

2. When a streamer who…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?