Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

271 results found

1. Suggested feature: Twitch chat presets only chat

Twitch has subscribers only chat and emotes only chat. What we need is chat presets only chat. In that mode, viewers can only communicate by using available chat presets. Twitch should have a default chat presets that streamers can use.

Recommended chat presets include but not limited to:

Hi
    It's nice to meet you

I will be lurking
    Be right back

Nice job
    Nice aiming
    Nice clutch
    Nice win

Good luck, have fun
    You can do this
    Don't give up
    Let's get 'em next time

I enjoy your content

See you soon
    Looking…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sometimes as a mod you need to tell something quick to other mods or to the channel streamer and you have to rely on other platforms like Discord or Twitter (or whispers) which makes it slow and tedious.

It would be great to write something in chat and make it visible only for other mods and the streamer, maybe a pinned message for 30 seconds on the same area where Hype trains and other important things appear.
    The streamer could enable/disable this feature and the time to make this messages available.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So, I, as a mod have the option to pin every message in the chat.
    The pin button is right next to the reply button, and I've found myself accidentally misclicking the pin button instead of the reply button.
    In my opinion, it should be harder to pin messages and you shouldn't be able to accidentally pin a message, if you wanted to reply to it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some streamers with huge numbers have no choice but to have chat in sub only mode. What if you had two chats, all-chat, and a sub only chat, and the streamer could decide which they wanted to look at, whilst the entire community could still communicate with one another.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. DinoDance was the best global animated emote twitch had.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the partner badge to be blocked/disabled by the streamer in their own chat so NO partner badges appear in their chat.

This can help with anxiety that may be caused by seeing this and not knowing the person or also block any passive advertising the partner may be doing/aiming for.

so simply put:
    The streamer should be able to remove the partner badge from their own chat altogether for all users chatting in that chat.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since Twitch's chat is based off of IRC, in theory this should be somewhat simple.

There would be a section in the Twitch dashboard under moderation where you could go and view the chat logs either for individual streams, or for certain dates, or use wildcards/keywords/filters/tags to find what you are looking for.

This would help with moderating your chat, and make sure people were not abusing others while you're offline or away.

I've heard that posting Twitch chat logs is against TOS or something, so you would have to outline restrictions and rules in the TOS and community guidelines…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When watching popular channels, the chat is often a wall of emote spam not saying anything, and any 'actual' chat messages disappear too fast to read. It would be very useful to hide any messages that are just repeated emotes.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having any more than a couple emotes causes my chat box to lag horribly with the new chat options. It would be nice to have a toggle in the options somewhere to turn off having embedded pictures in the chat box.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On the left side of viewers names in chat, have a small profile picture so that people are more distinguishable. Would be better for smaller streamers and looks aesthetically pleasing. You could also make this an option that streamers can set in their chat settings.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would be very grateful if the twitch chat had a line break function. The commands and automatic messages would be easier and more friendly to the viewers.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when you click to chat in the first time in a stream, the chat rules appears, and I think the majority of people don't actually read the rules, and a good idea would be that the streamer sets an amount of time that the chat rules stay there, then people actually read the rules.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BTTV/FFZ/7TV all have that option to resize the font of the Stream Chat, as well as an option to make emotes bigger or smaller on the client, all on the client side.

This would be a very welcome change as a lot of details on emotes are often lost, or become much harder to read with how smaller they become otherwise.

This is also a good accessibility upgrade for those with poor sight like I have or those playing Twitch on bigger screens, as the main font in twitch chat is much harder to read otherwise.

I do know that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. (I deleted my old post because it was hard to understand)

A Welcome message that shows up every time you enter a channel's chat. Not when you click to say something like it does now, but when you first see the chat.

It would include Rules but be more welcoming and flexible.

Examples:

Headline: "Chat Rules"
    Body: (Usual chat rules as they are currently)

Or:

Headline: "AVAST! YE SCURVY KNAVE!"
    Body: "He, she, ye, or they who dare cross this rope bridge to join us aboard the ship shall be cursed if they refuse to follow THESE RULES..."

Or:

Headline:…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Sadly no update, but I just wanted to say thank you so much for reuploading if you were concerned the first post was too confusing! Means the world when people clarify <3 

15. It would be ideal if Moderators could directly report a specific message in someone's logs without going to their profile, writing up a report and pasting the log through. If we were able to flag individual messages and send a direct report, it'd hopefully ***** down on hateful speech on Twitch.

This being via the usercard would be helpful. It'd also be helpful to see flagged/reported messages on their usercard when they change their username, as Twitch clears their logs but the ban still shows.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I know this was a feature previously and I'm still not sure why it was removed with an update. I feel that having multiple chat rooms per channel is extremely useful, particularly for streamers with larger bases. Multiple rooms allow subs, mods, etc. to have their own space to communicate in. This can potentially incentivize some viewers to subscribe and allow mods to communicate without having to use another app such as Discord or Slack regarding real-time issues.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There should be an option on twitch where you can have the chat sidebar smoothly scroll up, rather than move up immediately each time a new message is sent. The current view makes it so hard to follow along, as you have to constantly flick your eyes upward in some of the more quick moving streams.

The new option could speed up/slow down based on how much comment traffic is going on at the moment. Seems like a very easy idea for twitch to implement

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The "Returning Chatter" feature highlights the chat for people who have typed in chat at least twice in the last 30 days, this is a good feature but at the moment it appears to highlight all of their messages, could we get it so it only highlights their first message that stream?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please, most of times happen that writing a messages in the chat I write a wrong messages. It can be helpful the chance to edit the messages in the 5 or 10 seconds to correct it and write the right message.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently when you open a banned user's profile and open the ban tab, at the bottom of the ban tab there is just a blurb that states "Unban request was denied by X on Y date". Any additional text such as the unban request or the denial reason is not displayed in the window and is very difficult to dig up.

It would be nice if any unban requests text and the response could also show there, in order.

This would help Mods better understand why users were banned or help troubleshoot current behaviors based on what the response was.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?