Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

167 results found

1. On 03NOV21, it was revealed that banning a user from a chat will now unfollow them from the stream.

This does NOTHING to manage harassment and gives people one last "AH HA!" when they literally just follow the stream again and either activate the alert or appear in the event list.

"Oh, nice my mod just banned a user with a username STREAMERISBADWORD123!"

Now they all instantly follow again, and streamers event list is littered with it or their alerts are activating.

This is an absurd feature that contributes nothing to chat management and in fact makes it possibly WORSE.…

282 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey all,

While working to curb followbot abuse, a product feature was inadvertently released early. As a result, accounts that were banned in a channel were automatically removed as a follower. We’ve rolled back this change and bans should now be functioning as expected.

We’ve heard your feedback about this change and the final product should address many concerns raised. We’re continuing to build, and we’ll let you know what is happening when we’re ready to launch.

2. Moderators are now affected on using blocked terms. This is a negative update since mods use blocked terms to advice the streamer or the chat.
    It would be very helpful if it goes back to when us moderators could use blocked terms since it's our duty to help both the streamer and the chat.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all! 

Thank you so much for this feedback! Unfortunately this was an unexpected change that happened last week, but I am here to let you all know that it has been reverted and moderators should be back to being able to use blocked terms as they were before!

3. I would like to see an option for moderators and broadcaster to be able to mention everybody that is in the chat. It would be nice to be able to get the whole chats attention as a moderator, sometimes it seems that moderators messages can get drowned out in a chat.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hey everyone!

We are happy to announce that Creators and Mods can now use the "/announce" command to update chat with important info!

You can learn more about this new feature here: https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1509634525982302208?s=20&t=Zh12c89bpHQkUCDfnB9fpg

Thank you all as always for the feedback!

4. Please stop shadowbanning chat users (specifically when they are using VPNs) while letting them think everything is ok, because it's messed up. People are being shadow banned and thinking nobody cares about what they're saying. You are playing games with their heads when you do this. Stop it.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  5 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Desde ayer a la noche, mis mensajes no se leen en los chats, no entiendo por que.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  25 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. no se ven mis mensajes en el chat

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

If you are still having issues with this please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv so they can help you trouble shoot this.

7. The subscription anniversary appears every time I visit live channels that I subscribed to and it doesn't go away. I find it annoying and would like an option to turn it off.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

This should be live on the site now. The anniversary reminder will have an ‘X’ in the corner that you can click to easily close and not have it pop up. If you are on web you will have more options to choose to choose as well like delay the reminder till your next time visiting the stream or just not reminding you for the rest of the month.

Hopefully this helps!

8. Yo, I think my emote would make a great replacement for PogChamp
    https://twitter.com/YerLocalSenpai/status/1347061751976583173/photo/1

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We know on some streams chat moves fast. So we're experimenting with a feature that allows viewers to Elevate their chat messages. If you're in a country with access to this feature, and on a channel in our experiment, you'll see the entry point to Elevated Chat (it's an arrow!) next to the chat input box.

Since this is an experiment, keep in mind that Elevated Chat may appear differently across channels. The experience will likely change before we fully launch to all streamers. We'd love to hear about your feedback with this feature!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  13 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Yo envio mensajes y veo como se mandan pero el streamer no puede leerlos y es frustante

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Because apparently you cannot be contacted anywhere, and moderators are way over their heads, removing comments with NOTHING wrong, by the rules and relevant answer to another comment. This is ridiculous, I waited long for the account, long for the permission to say something to chat in a place what I decided to watch and follow. And I answered to normal comment, with normal comment. nothing ******, nothing violent, only normal. like "<the users thing> is a fraud, but this is beautiful> .. hundreds of comment above mentioned beauty, and there was nothing wrong. When I commented about that atrocity,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mods are banning users across multiple channels without reason.

Owners of channels need more transparency when it comes to bans from rogue mods. These mods are blatantly abusing their powers to ban users from channels that they have never even chatted in. These users are bringing this issue up to other mods like myself, and I've experienced it personally from corrupt mods. We need more methods of dealing with rogue mods that are banning users. They need to flag users, and have owners of channels make the final move. This current method is empowering people that have no reason being…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

We appreciate this feedback but, as long as the channel is following our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service they are free to moderate their community which ever way they see fit.

13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm not sure if this was intended, but I wanted to bring it to the attention of the developers. Typically, the chat stops scrolling when you scroll up using the mouse wheel, allowing you to read the content. It resumes scrolling when you scroll back down or use a specific button for that purpose.

However, in this case, the autoscroll feature doesn't disable when you scroll up by pressing the mouse wheel and moving the mouse upwards.

Please note that this problem occurs on Windows, in the Chrome web browser.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Are you running the most up-to-date version of your browser? There could be a couple of issues at hand, but it's best that you get in contact with our support team to troubleshoot some of the possibilities. Please reach out to our support team via help.twitch.tv. - thank you!

15. I think it would be a really good idea to have the ability to delete messages on your phone as a moderator for chat

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Mods on mobile should have the same power as those who use our site. You just have to click on the users name and moderation options will be available to you there.

16. I dont know why, but i cannot send messages since yesterday, i can type them, and i can see them, but no one else see´s it, i tried changing accounts, incognito, and everything, but no one else can see my messages HELP!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

If you are still running into issues with this I would recommend reaching out to our team at help.twitch.tv so they can further assist you in troubleshooting this.

17. Solo me deja mandar chats y que me vean en canales donde soy mod en otro chats no me ven, ¿alguna solución?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

If you are still having issues with this please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv and they will be able to assist you in troubleshooting this.

18. Здравствуйте. Сегодня я столкнулся с такой проблемой, что стримеры и его зрители не видят мои сообщения. Почему? Я что то нарушил?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

If you are still having issues with this please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv and they can help you troubleshoot what is going on.

19. I always listen and watch my favorite streamer on twitch. He allows people to spam his chat. it's very annoying. I wish Twitch would make a way for people to silence chat while still be able to listen to the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We should be able to read and interact with our chat on console, maybe In a corner or something.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Please direct feedback for the streaming experience on console to Xbox support.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?