Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Artists who draw Twitch emotes have contributed so much to the Twitch community yet receive so little recognition on Twitch for all their work.

It'd be nice if these artists could received some sort of "Global Paintbrush Badge" as recognition for all the hard work they put into creating emotes for Twitch users to use.

A suggestion is that after an artist has designed emotes for a certain number of channels (e.g., after designing for 50 channels, they're considered a "verified emotes artist") they can receive the badge. This could be something that artists have to apply for after which…

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A streamer I was watching (dakopall) was asking where everyone in chat was from, and suggested that Twitch should make optional badges that you could have beside your name (as with Twitch Prime, etc) to display your home country.

I think it would be a great idea to allow people to know what area of the world they're chatting with.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I was thinking if twitch had a Badge for streamers, so you know who is a watcher and who is a streamer in chat. That would be a cool way to discover new streamers.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I've often found it to be a bit of an annoyance when I have a custom badge (the one that overrides your global badge) set in a channel and then I take some action such as cheering bits of gifting a sub and my custom badge automatically gets updated and then I have to go change it back to what I want it to stay as. I understand the feature in and of itself is nice to have and in many cases I may want the automatic updated badge, but I would like to have an option (ideally on a…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A special global anniversary badge for user they use twitch for example 5 years or 10 years, 15 years. So its easy to identify experienced twitch user.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A chat badge next to users who you follow and they follow you back would be cool, I think. It should only be visible to you but across every chat.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have one for those who have audio off, one for those who have video off... But what about the lurkers? Some people might be sleeping (or preparing to) and still watch through it. Other people might be unable to chat, but be watching and listening.

Also add a quick way to set them on/off similar to how we can change the sub badge and the like.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A global chat badge for verified military service. It could be a simple badge one for everyone or expanded for nations or nation/branch. ie: MilVet/Army/Marine/UK:Marine/US:Army/Aus:Navy, ect... lots of ways to potentially expand.

First responder (dr/nurse/emt/fire/LE) also possible.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Instead of only having the ability to display 3 badges, If you are a mod or VIP i would like the option to display 3 custom global or sub badges + the mod or VIP badge. Personally, I would display my mod badge ( required if you are a mod ) + my turbo badge + another fully custom global or sub badge of my choice. I think this would increase the incentive to get more badges as you could display more sub badges or more twitch con badges etc. all at once! Please upvote if you agree and provide…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think the actual badges like Moderator or Twitch prime don't look good compared to badges like the Gift Sub badge, I suggest to redesign the squared badges, we would like material design badges that are not squared, for the moderator badge I would like to see only the sword and not the green squared.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It's a big problem for djs to be recognized if the account name doesn't contain DJ, like for example djblabla. If djs are using a normal name like peterparker, the other users can't identify them as content creators. On the other side, there is viewers, not active djs on twitch, using nicknames with dj in name. It's impossible to call up and support the content creaters, give shoutouts for owner and mods.

Make it like this: Twitch detects someone is streaming every x days for y hrs in category music. Twitch gives a notification to this user to register as…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I’d like to propose an improvement upon the recently introduced accessibility badges, the ones indicating if a viewer can only (partially) hear or see a broadcast.

User experience and in extend accessibility is there to remove cognitive friction while using an product or service. Accessibility features are for everyone, not just the people that rely on them.

Everyone profits from accessibility features, but for people to experience them they need to be discoverable. So I’d like to propose the following:

Add the option to automatically switch on/off audio-only badge, if it isn’t set by default, when a user consumes a…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My reasoning behind this is that a sword implies offense, as oppose to what mods actually do, which is mostly protect the communities they are apart of. I think this fits better with how Twitch and mods in general feel about their duty.

Suggestions and feedback welcome. :D

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Much like the Founder badge of a channel, Twitch should implement a badge for the first 10 followers for Affiliate channel and then upgrade it to 50 followers if a channel becomes a Partner. I think this should be made since it can show someone's support of a channel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If viewers could get TwitchRivials badge like GlitchCon badge it would be nice.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In a time where twitch is evolving and changing a lot from its initial standpoint, I would say we could benefit from a little consistency and pride.
    Therefor my suggestion is loyalty badges - as in years you have been on twitch.
    This would mean after year 1, 2, 5, 10 you would have a badge you can choose to have in chat to show that you have been a part of twitch for x amount of time and isn’t a new spam account fx. - but someone who loves and cares for twitch.
    Steam has it fx. so I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I thought it would be a great idea if we as steamers could give people more roles than VIPs, mods or editors. Such as discord, different and certain roles with badges and a bigger interaction with chat and the people in it.

Everyone could be able to get a role and be able to interact with roles.

There would be more customisation in your own hands as a streamer and a new way to get people to chat and come visit in your chats/streams

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you are a partner in a chat, everyone can see the check mark and check you out if they want. As an affiliate, the only way for anyone to know that you stream is to tell them, which is often not allowed or frowned upon.

It would much easier for smaller creators to have something that shows them as a streamer, so curious parties can click and look, instead of having to go around telling people. It would be extremely helpful to smaller creators, and a relatively small thing to do.

When we chat, people should at a glance…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There are channels that I want to display the founder badge and channels that I do not want to display.
    I would like to be able to set each channel individually.

Audiences had similar opinions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Okay before starting this, I know I have no life. In saying that I've been a chatter/lurker on twitch shy of 12 years. Just a thought for people on 10+ years getting a badge or something that shows appreciation to long term accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?