Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. Provide an API hook to extension developers which notifies on each received message before it is going to be distributed to the users.

Bots can only delete already delivered chat messages afterwards. Clients can intercept the deletion. Furthermore it is not possible to write own chat commands for now.

With a hook, if a user types '/do something', extension developers were able to prevent the delivery of the message and perform some action instead.

Beyond that I would like to see API calls to send chat notifications to specific users - just like 'your message has not been sent yet.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. One of my favourite streamers has recently grown to a point where it's hard to get a handle on chat. He plays with other streamers, and the chat has grown so hostile that it's discouraging streamers returning, and discouraging me (and presumably others) from participating.

I feel for the moderators. The chat moves so fast that it's nearly impossible for them to do their jobs.

It should be possible for us normal users to help out. Let us report messages to the moderators. Give them a separate tab from chat, that just singles out the reported messages to let them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow streamers to set the number of comments that are allowed to be posted in their chat channel per minute, implemented through a simple comment queue system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think it would be cool to see a badge or something for accounts that were originally from justin.tv. My account is almost 9 years old and I’ve been a long time lerker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right now when you turn chat on or off, that setting is applied to every channel. However, most users wind up wanting chat turned on for some channels and off for others, and those preferences are fairly consistent. So keeping an on/off state per channel would avoid having to manually switch chat on or off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Recently i started to watch more twitch VODs while doing other stuff and there is one thing that i thought will help other users like me.
    If you use one screen and watch streams, you can set your browser with a stream to just half of your screen, but then your player is really small if you count chat on the side. http://i.imgur.com/ZLGUp1w.png
    I was making it work by using chat in popout and setting in under the stream on one side of the monitor like this http://i.imgur.com/isjtjQ5.png It was the best i could do when watching live.
    Unfortunately it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In stream option it would be a list element with options to add new items to this list.

List name : Slow Chat Based On Viewers [+]

Would allow the option for larger streams to increase the duration of slow chat based on a threshold of viewers. The more people that join the longer the slow chat duration. This would assist with automatic chat control, and allow streamers the peace of mind that when they stream later and viewer count goes down that the restrictions placed on chat would automatically get lifted. Option to add threshold would also be ideal.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When the streamer chooses the "Restrict Chat Language" option, you see a popup on the chat and can't send messages until you click on it. Once you do and the popup disappears, there is no way to check if the chat is in language restricted mode. I visit many channels and it would be very hard to remember which ones had the language restriction and which didn't, and I don't want to seem annoying to the streamer or other chatters. Also I've noticed that you get no notice about it as moderator of the channel either, so if streamer forgets…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So, with the brief time I have spent watching some YouTube streamers there is something I noticed that I really enjoyed. Which was the ability to have a Sponsor and Non-Sponsor chat (Sponsor being YouTube's equivalent to Twitch Subscribers).

The reason I think Twitch would benefit from this would be mainly for larger streamers to be able to define some subscriber questions from the mess of thousands of non-subscribers either spamming or just saying general nonsense without having to take away non-subscribers from chatting/spamming/having fun.

Just a small idea that I think wouldn't hurt Twitch at all to allow streamers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I propose a mass user chat filter/ignore feature where you are able to set certain mass filters to finally rid the spam/trolls/racists etc from chat.

Examples:

1) A user could set their chat to ignore all users under a certain age (say 18 for example) -- this will reduce the immature chat

2) Ignore chat from all subs from JohnDoe's stream (some streams are spam heavy which bleeds into other channels)

3) Ignore all users who use certain words (allows user to add custom or pre-selected filters for users who use abusive/hateful language)

This feature will hopefully allow a positive…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After clicking "View all rooms" add a option to see latest messages you've been mentioned in, while being in the channel(s).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you raid another channel, viewers have the option to leave the raid. Sometimes they never have the option to raid out and are left behind, or maybe saw the channel was live in a directory and joined to an offline channel with no idea where they raided. The burden is left on the streamer or moderators to ensure the channel is linked in chat to notify anyone who missed out.

My request is to add UI that shows the channel that was recently, successfully raided to along with a clickable link. It can look like one of the existing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is more of a user-experience change, though I was unable to find a category for it. I'm also including that as a suggestion because it provides context.

Suggestion: If multiple twitch channels are open, and I receive a push notification for a whisper/message and I close the message on one tab, it should send a push to the other tabs to close that message on those channels as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a twitch API endpoint for setting /restrict [user]. We can use PubSub for subscribing to the events and we can check suspicious user status. But there isn't currently as far as i can tell a documented a way to set restricted mode outside of chat message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I do not want to ban the users that are hanging around in the chat, but when I first log in there are users still sitting in the chat from previous streams. Could an option be added to "kick" everyone out. Or place a system to where at the start of the stream any users who are lingering from previous stream/s is cleared out?

So they have to actively enter the new stream if that makes since.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Streamer can start Q&A session, then viewers can enter their questions for the streamer to answer, then streamer can stop Q&A session and viewers can no longer enter questions into it.
    Viewers can choose if they want to send question anonymously, streamer can choose if to allow anonymous questions or have anonymous only or with names only.
    Sort questions, delete questions, mark questions as answered, mark/pin the question being currently answered/display it on stream, upvote questions by mods/vips/subs/followers (streamer chooses what to allow), set how many questions each viewer is allowed to ask.

Youtube has this feature, can we have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a setting to enable/disable private messages generally or partially. For example restrict private messages only for streamer you are following.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Do you sometimes see channels with 0 or 5 viewers and they are very quiet because they have no topic of conversation?
    The idea is to integrate a bot with ia (using chatgpt, for example) that will go through the channels that have few viewers asking them questions about what they are playing, how is their day going... to encourage the streamer to talk and attract more audience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On a web browser, there is no way to view chat in fullscreen, which is insane and decreases user interaction immensely. Even just overlaying some chat on the right, even read only, would make viewing experience much better. Do twitch developers not use their own product?? I have to install a chrome extension to do this, just to watch my favourite streamer!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So i always try to find clips in certain live streams after they end and alot of the times they are 12H live streams so its borderline impossible at the moment to find a 15S clip. The feature I would love to see is chat search where essentially you can search through all the messages in the stream vod and its really easy even for the streamer or editor to find the moment they were looking for exactly especially if they remember a specific message from a specific user then they could type that in pn some sort of promp…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?