Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. Imagine people with their own emoji of themself interacting in the chat, I don't know if that is possible but it should be like linking your bitmoji account to your twitch account and activating it in your twitch control panel in order to be used in chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Having to open the user list to see how many mods are there—digitally if not mentally—all the time is way too much hassle.

Can’t we show channel staff (not regular users because of privacy) a number for the passive mods and active mods so people know whether to ask more to come by and keep things cordial?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Here's an idea on how to moderate an overly active chat full of spam, streamer bashing, and overall bullying without having to rely heavily on a streams moderators. Have a series of settings for chat division based on the viewers sub tier or lack there of. For example: In a stream that has over 100,000 subscribers, simply puting it into sub only mode does nothing, instead have an option that puts it into sub "tier 2" mode which now grants subscribers of "tier 3 " and "tier 2" privacy to their own chat room and have the rest of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am a moderator of a Twitch channel which regularly has more than 1000 spectators. When we want to convey a message to viewers, it is often difficult to read...
    I propose to add a new feature to moderators so that they can display a visible banner of all (as, for example, that of bits donations).
    Thanks in advance.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Since twitch has grown in size, many people have realized that streamers can no longer engage with their community the way they used to. Even with subscriber-only mode turned on, due to the massive increase in twitch prime subs, most long time streamers' chats are still filled with spam. You should give streamers a mode that limits the amount of viewers that can talk in chat, giving priority to those who have been subbed the longest(including or not including prime subs), and then those who has been following the longest. This gives people who have been watching a streamer for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add intelligence to detect and split Spam messages and real messages into two boxes for high velocity chat streams. Problem: When people have something valuable and meaningful to say, their message flies off the screen and into the void.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be very helpful to have the current hidden character limit shown just like on twitter or similar websites, and not be able to send the messages when they are too long, instead of giving us the illusion to have sent them successfully when it is not actually the case. Both in chat and whispers.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. One of my Twitch friends inadvertently blocked me. He would send me whispers, but I couldn't reply. Every time I attempted to reply, I would see the message "That user's settings prevent them from receiving this whisper." It would be helpful if a similar message was displayed for a Twitch user whispering someone he or she has blocked - "You're whispering someone whom you've blocked. That person is unable to whisper back to you."

Also, it seems as though blocking someone from whispering automatically blocks receiving a DM from them. In situations where someone was blocked inadvertently, it would be…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Current system of chats on massive streams is a big problem. Unreadable and full of spam.

I was thinking one of a possible fixes it should be to make sub rooms of chat. For example

Stream General chat can be splitted into:

chat-en-1

chat-en-2

chat-en-3

chat-es-1

chat-es-2

chat-ru-1

chat-ru-2

I dont know what kind of structure are you using about it.

What do you think?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For example:
    You ask a question in a chat of a streamer. You get an answer like "@name answer to question", but you could not read the answer because there are 10.000 people chatting or you went somewhere else. My suggestion is that you get a private message when your name is mentioned so you can read the answer anytime.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If enabled, this command would prohibit the use of any emote within a stream's chat.

A need for such a command becomes apparent in large streams such as this year's SGDQ, but can also be extremely useful site-wide, for any stream that might want to enable such an option. Using such a command in combination with the "R9KBeta" command, especially in larger stream chats, could help create a much more substantial and positive chat experience for all users involved.

An example syntax for this command could be as simple as:
    /textonly
    /textonlyoff

This would be beneficial not only for large…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right now when you turn chat on or off, that setting is applied to every channel. However, most users wind up wanting chat turned on for some channels and off for others, and those preferences are fairly consistent. So keeping an on/off state per channel would avoid having to manually switch chat on or off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shout outs are a big thing right now, but sadly urls can take up a lot of space and do not look pretty. would we ever be able to create hyperlink in chat? so instead of having another streamers url in the chat with can have it that people would just be able to click their name, which is a hyperlink?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Recently I had an experience with something that i have seen plenty of people complaining about. Just like the option that disallows chat for those who havent followed for a certain amount of time, there should be an option that disallows people who have made their account for a certain amount of time. This is mostly because people who specifically come to your channel to harass always have a backup plan for being banned. People can simply be banned, make or go to an alternate account, verify a 5 second-made email (if necessary by the streamer) and then go right…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You can like\dislike comments in live twitch chat and place most popular\unpopular comments at the top\btm.

Make it interactive.

It would help broadcaster\users to read most interesting comments.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Being able to increase the max scroll back value beyond the 150 limit would help a lot with chat moderating, and help with chat interaction from the broadcaster. This feature would disabled by default in settings but once enabled the user will be able to set the value to his/her liking. Having a maximum limit to start with ex. 10K would be a great start, with the set maximum value becoming bigger over time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make chat customizable so streamers can turn on/off different stuff and combine them like badges/colors etc and make each chat unique.
    In my case I'd like to turn off nickname color, combine all badges into one (i.e. if viewer is a sub and prime one then he will have badge with crown, if he is sub and moderator then he will have badge with green border), in case of regular viewer (just follower but always watches the stream) then he will have his nickname color

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?