Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

278 results found

1. Holding CTRL and pressing the Delete key should delete the full word to the right of the cursor, like how holding CTRL and pressing Backspace deletes whole word to the left of the cursor, but doesn't seem to work on the text boxes of Twitch. I only tested the chat input and the search bar at the top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I see many live streamers in a blind run who keep running the warning messages about hints, suggestions and spoilers and while I'm looking at all of it I keep thinking "why enable the live chat at all in this case"? "Why stream live at all when the option does not exist"?

The only way I could imagine it's possible is making the bot spam the clear command on chat continuously, but it would clear all the messages of the bot too that the others could find useful.

Other streaming sites have this option, so why not Twitch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow streamers to set the number of comments that are allowed to be posted in their chat channel per minute, implemented through a simple comment queue system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a separate chat channel that only allows only 10 comments to be posted a minute (or something similar), with an added chat queue system. If I type a comment, I will have to wait in a queue for my comment to be posted, as only a certain amount of comments will be posted to the chat within a timeframe.

This will make it so a chat channel exists without a crazy amount of comment volume. It will allow streamers to actually see and read comments people are making. Yes, it does mean a lot of comments won't be posted,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. i was wondering if you could make it so we could delete our own comments everyone makes mistakes and but we cant delete our mistakes. also any chance making it possible for mods to be able to delete comments without putting people in timeouts not all comments need to be timed out. that would be awesome thank you
    canadiangirl1984

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hide mod activity from users (eg. which mod banned someone).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, removing a viewer's message also removes the previous message. Allow the removal of a single message.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For streamers with a large amount of viewers active in chat, often messages will be missed because the chat has already scrolled past. Since many streamers use a secondary monitor to watch chat, a single vertical column of text is not a very efficient means of utilizing screen-space. Instead I'd recommend splitting chat into four or five independent chat scrolls, by splitting users up into equal, random groups (so a particular user's message would always appear in the same column). This would enhance the ability of the streamer to read individual messages during high activity periods in chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to use gifs in Twitch chat like I can in Discord chats and on Twitter. Some things can be more easily expressed via gifs. If this feature is implemented it could also come with the ability to ban certain gifs such as if a channel has something against pasta they could ban all gifs with 'pasta' as one of the search tags.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think it would be cool to see a badge or something for accounts that were originally from justin.tv. My account is almost 9 years old and I’ve been a long time lerker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When we're watching a broadcast, I think it would be a good idea for the whole chat log to be scrollable and not just snippets cut off like every 5 minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I totally get the reasoning but lets be honest a lot of the humor on twitch is cheeky straddling the line of offensive. Without the context of that channels convo at the time it totally misrepresents the jokes being made when viewed in that history manor. If you dont understand this view then you dont understand comedy and comedy is a massive part of the twitch community. This feature is misrepresenting every ones statements making them seem harsher then they actually are. The art of comedy is to getting people to laugh at things they never thought would be funny…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please implement an option to get rid of chat refresh when scrolling through chat. There are times when a link is posted by the streamer, or someone says something interesting that I cannot read and would like to, but chat refreshes every time a new comment is posted. Especially in chats with thousands of people.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So that I could tell how many more symbols I can add to my chat message before the moderating bot would delete that message and time me out for sending it. Accordingly to the streamer's settings of the moderating bot of course.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a few channels moderator, if i need to refresh the page i'll loose all the chat messages. It would be great to reload lastest messages at least for mods and channels owners after refreshing

319 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Followers-only mode is discouraging finding new streams. Especially when streams have ONE HOUR followers only mode. The mode is misused to gain followers instead of preventing spam. Why do I have to follow every channel I want to chat in?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For anyone who isn't using the twitch website to stream e.g. console users or even allow mods to do it for you. This would be a much appreciated implementation after Communities were taken away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With recent outcries against the innocuous "lurk bots" being seen in the chatter list I had the thought that it may be time to rework the list functionality a bit and provide some options to the broadcaster of what is shown in that list.

This would help the broadcaster (and others looking at the list) to see what they want to see, without unnecessary information that may not be helpful overall.

I suggest the following changes:
    * Full rework of the list in functionality and use.
    * Offer options in settings on the type of data that is displayed.
    *…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This way wouldnt be necessary to use the mouse to interact with twitch channels chat if you are in fullscreen, then I could sit comfortably in my chair with only my keyboard in my lap while watching ;) The shortcut could be Alt+C

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?