Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

278 results found

1. fajnie by bylo zeby twitch wprowadzil werifikacje wiekowa przed wejsciem na kanal i czat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There should be a chat restriction that allows the streamer to restrict chat to all or some of the viewers, based on how long they have been watching. Similar to how Follower Only chat allows the streamer to restrict chat to all or some of the stream's followers, based on how long they have followed.

I think even a 5 minute timer before chatting would deter a significant amount of harassment, and it should have less of a stigma than Follower Only chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I mod I am told to time out ppl that post messages in other languages because the mods dont know what it says. It would be helpful if streamers could select what languages they want to allow in chat and twitch would automatically disable characters from other languages so they cant even be typed in chat in the first place

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the recent uptick in ****** misconduct allegations within the Twitch community I think that there is something that can be done to provide streamers, their moderators, and viewers a safer and more welcoming entertainment platform. As a veteran of the United States Air Force I have been required to take many hours of ****** assault prevention and response training along with suicide awareness training. This training is typically done through an initiative called Culture of Respect or Green Dot Training which can be found here https://cultureofrespect.org/program/green-dot-etc/ . This is a call for Twitch to partner with Culture of Respect…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is something I want to say about the follow-only chat mode.
    In order to prevent indiscriminate chatting as soon as it enters streaming, it uses a follow-only chat mode.
    When using this, the time setting is possible and the chat is not available for at least 10 minutes.
    I think 10 minutes is a little long, so I personally want to set it to about 5 minutes.
    Therefore, I hope that streamers can freely set the time setting in the follow-only chat mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. so when someone is new next to there name a badge says new

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Nice idea to just feature followers in chat sometimes, but shouldn't be used all or most of the time. Some might have good reasons to not follow a streamer and still want to chat with others. They should not be forced to follow a streamer to be able to chat with others. Twitch has tools to stop spam, trolls and they should be used instead of making the chat followers only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Instead of slow mode for high view channels, create a system where comments appear every 20 seconds no matter how frequent people comment. With even 40 people chatting at the same time, it can become quite overwhelming. With this, it will give the streamer time to respond to every comment and make sure no one who has a valid question or comment is left out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since some channels can be host to countless viewers at once, it can be really hard to keep up with the chat for either the streamer or the viewer. What if we give streamers the option to have parallel chats that are subdivided how they choose (whether based on subscription level or something else). It gives another incentive to donate, subscribe, and more, AND it gives the more devoted viewers a more easy way to follow chat for the streamer WHILE giving the streamer further options to customize their channel and the user experience for their viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 例えば日本語をチャットに入力した場合、その国の方々が見ていた各国の文章に自動的に翻訳する事は可能でしょうか?
    配信中は海外のユーザーが視聴してくれる場合もあるので、自動翻訳機能が欲しいです。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When doing a stream that puts me far away from my computer, I like to use my iPad with the popout chat to read chat. But the "top donators" badge at the top, and the chat box at the bottom take up nearly 1/3 of my screen real estate (especially when scaling up font). I'd prefer the ability to go into the chat settings for the popout and hide them, even if I need to do it manually every time. This is easily solvable with a toggle that runs a tiny bit of Javascript hiding the divs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. with the advent of the new mod tools i feel now is the right time to introduce word a replacement for chat. As an example, the channel owner and mods have the option to set replacements so if someone wants to be inflammatory by typing "oi your hair is stupid" the message appears in chat as "hello your hair is super". in the example the word "oi" is replaced with "hello" and "stupid" replaced with "super", this should be case insensitive and have replaced words highlighted so mods can check what was replaced with the original message posted in mod…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's cool to be able to add someone as a friend by clicking their name in the chat, but it would be nice to be able to follow their channel as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think it would be cool if we could use 'Escape' on keyboard to exit out of chat, returning focus to the main Twitch window.

This is because, when I click in chat, then want to full screen using 'F', I have to click back on the main Twitch window, then press 'F'; instead of just 'Escape', 'F' which would be much more elegant.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i think u should let the viewers talk on streams .then the streamer chooses who can talk first on stream or pay with currency ..bits.. donate..or sub then a bot chooses random persons to talk....or the streamer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When writing a blocked term, the user gets this message:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

When writing a long message, the user wouldn't be able to know which one of the words is blocked on the channel. And taking time to find out which word is blocked, and reformulating would be too complex.

The error message should print out the banned word(s) if the user entered one or more banned words, such as:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to your usage of the following blocked term(s): ....."

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In large streams, viewers often have great ideas for a poll on the topic of conversation, but the streamer would have to stop progress to think up and construct the poll. Viewers would feel a lot more engaged if they could generate the poll and then offer it to the streamer to run under their authorization. This happens a lot in asmongold's stream for instance. He might say something controversial, and the viewers will would love the opportunity to summarize their opinion a little more objectively than just spamming chat with two answers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'll explain my idea with an example. I'm watching HasanAbi at the election night and I'm curious about what Turkish people think. It would be great if I could've filter the chat by selecting a language! Or we can improve this idea and add some tags to filter (like common interest, tags). Especially when there are more than a couple of thousands of people in the chat it just flows too fast and it's really not useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?