Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. As the topic says,

a feature to AUTOMATICALLY restrict and monitor all accounts following your channel the same day as the accounts where made.

This would save me and most likely others a lot of work going through your follower list everyday to keep obsessed psychopaths out.

I am of course talking about the new marking feature that recently came to be where you can choose to monitor a suspicious chatter and even restrict his messages from being seen by the rest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So, I know Pride Months is over soon, but it's never to late to do it.

I wanted to show my support to Pride Month and me as many others we have done it already.

But I would love an option for us to use a rainbow color username during Pride Month to show the support.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Idea is being able to send a message through the use of the microphone without having to type on their PC or Phone keyboard. This will help any viewer who is cooking, driving, or doing anything to prevent them from being able to send a message in chat using their keyboard. Having a built in Virtual Assistant (VA) like Siri or something similar would be a brilliant implementation for Twitch. This idea is a bit more extreme, but it in the near future would expand the possibilities for Twitch. You can say something like, "Hey Siri (or whatever Twitch…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have some Community Members for 3+ years now and sometimes I’d love to see their very first chat message just to see how it all began!
    I would be so cool if we could have a jump to top feature to see their first chat messages!
    Nostalgia, walk down memory lane. All those things. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Polls are great, but the limited time scales hinders their usefulness.

An hour to choose what people want to see at the start of a stream would be great.

Multi-day/no limit polls would be good for questions you want a wider opinion of. Some viewers are only on at the weekend etc, easy to miss their opinion, forcing us to use external tools or discord (it would be preferable for us all to keep this interaction on twitch)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Right to the point: I have a stream where i am regular viewer Guild Wars 2 game, but there is a player who plays in competitive scene of that game, known to the streamer i watch and his viewers.

I've been mistaken for that player many times in streamer's twitch chat because of my nickname, which is similar to that player's nickname.

I don't want to change my global nickname because on other streams it's fine, but for that stream alone, where i am constantly mistaken for someone else, i would set some unique nickname.

I.e. Just like Discord's server…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Like A Pop Up In The Chat Like A Big Purple bar with what you announced Just like a prediction but an announcement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. provide at all the moderators the possibility to send a message at all the present moderators with a @modo in the chat and the personn should be indicate if the message should be visible for the "standard poeple" and the same for vip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A better way to see what a user has clipped from a stream would make it much easier to see what kind of user you're dealing with especially when it comes to users making clips that take things said out of context or allowing you to see when a user is regularly clipping when a streamer does something as innocuous a standing up or picking something up off the floor

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Moderators to mark deleted text with flags (such as SPOILER for game spoilers, or TOS for issues which may require suspension/banning now/later)

Some broadcasters want to verify why people were moderated, and they don't want to risk reading deleted/purged chat messages only to come across a current game spoiler they were trying to avoid.

When moderators delete the text of a user, if they could later click on it in the message history and flag it with <SPOILER></SPOILER> or <TOS></TOS> it would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Observed Behaviour:
    Given chat is enabled,
    and given the browser window is less than 920 pixels wide,
    and given the browser window is more than 786 pixels high,
    when a user enables theatre mode,
    then chat is shown below the stream,
    and then there is no button to hide chat.

Expected Behaviour:
    Given there is enough space vertically (currently 170px in addition to the stream player),
    then there is a button to show/hide chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Having to drop 1 or more out of 5 tags to display to viewers the presence of an accessibility tool disincentivizes to use e.g. the "Closed Captions" tag.

I am not aware if other accessibility tags exits and if they do, if they could be automatic tags as well. Alternatively, accessibility tags should simply not count towards the 5 tags limit, since they convey crucial information to potential viewers with disabilities.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's very important to implement filters, because i need, for example, to view firt message from specific user, or view messages per month, by keyword, and so on. Implement many filters please. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need Gifs added to chat for more interesting experience. Plus a Gif only chat would be extra funny and keep things awesome.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please allow streamers to place specific user in chat in Emote Only Mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice if a MOD could deleat a messages from himself or another MOD.
    No one is perfect, maybe its a small spoiler or a word that is not fitting for a MOD.
    And sometime the Streamer cant go out of the Stream or would destroy a challange run.
    So it would be nice if a MOD could deleat a messages from himself or another MOD.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To add an option for caster and moderators to anonymously flag a chatter/viewer for tracking.

For example: allow a caster/moderator for which the stream has low restrictions on account creation to flag a chatter that has an account created in the last few days for better visibility, be it immediate or in the future.

Kinda like a flag for suspicious accounts manually set by the moderation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a mod deletes a message because of a rules violation of the steam a link to those rules should be in the deleted message. This could help the mods in a few ways. They would not have to spam messages in the chat about not using caps or spamming with a message that has words all in caps. they could just delete the message and it have a link in the deleted message so the user is not left to say, "WTF, why was my message deleted". Then they have to be told to read the rules, it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the chat to two separate areas, one for question and answers for classes, and one for just chatting during class. Also the option to save the chat for class questions and answers. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would love to have voice chat mode, where the viewers are basically like a movie audience, where reactions like laughing are allowed, but no conversations allowed and are closely monitored by moderators of the chat. It would connect the chat a lot more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?