Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow streamers to set their channel to a bit-only chat mode. Streamers can choose how much a message would cost. For example each time a user would send a message it would cost 5 bits.

This would help reduce channel spam.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello everyone!

I have an idea that would help me and maybe others to improve the twitch usage a lot by offering a second / optional position of the chat.

IDEA: A optional chat position under the stream with the same width as the stream itself. So the stream can use the full width of the browser and the chat too! Normal and optional chat position via toggle would be great.

The reason why i had this idea:

Normally the chat is on the right side of the stream, which is perfectly fine when using twitch in a browser only.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add a animated colors for nickname like you could have 2 colors or i would be animated

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. My suggestion is per-message filtering for the Chat Box based on the first character of the message.

While there is a way to mute users/bots by account name, many chat bots are interactive; the channel owner, moderators and chatters can send commands to the bot through the chat.

For example, a command may be “!ChangeGame Rocket League”, triggering the bot to change the game title to “Rocket League” on Twitch.

In this case, if ‘!’ character could be specified as a command character in the settings and filtered as to not show up in the widget, it would allow streamers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to see Twitch implement a Channel Points command. For example "/cp **" where ** is the name of the reward.

We make extensive use of the Channel Points system and have about 40 rewards. Our regulars have said that it is sometimes difficult to find the reward they are looking for in a timely manner in order to affect what happens on-stream through a 3rd party application called Lioran Board.

Channel Points are a great tool for viewer engagement, but the method of finding a reward needs to be easy and streamlined. Not clunky and inconvenient.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It doesn't hurt anyone to just allow banned users to view the chat without the ability to write something.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an "are you sure" pop-up acknowledgement for the Moderator's Clear Chat link in the Chat Settings, to cover inadvertent selection of the link. I have on occasion hit the "Clear Chat" link when I was aiming for "Manage Moderation Settings" or "Switch to Non-Mod Settings", which annoys everyone in chat and the Streamer as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you watch a stream with thousands of viewers, I'd like to be able to chat with users easier, but it scrolls by so fast that it's not even worth trying. My idea is to have a breakout window. If you get @mentioned, it goes in that breakout window. You could also just add users to that breakout so you'll always see what they are typing. It would make chat for large streams better. Also, if you have to look away for a second you won't miss anything.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Suggestion:
    Add a way for a user to highlight specific words or users in chat.

Reason:
    I find myself trying to read certain users comments/topics, but they often get lost in the general chat stream. This often happens when the channel has a moderator running the chat portion of the stream while the person on camera is talking. The ability to highlight a user or a certain word would help locate them in a busy chat situation.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Clicking a sub emote of any channel should have the option to unlock via points, its more accessible and will encourage and reward use of points

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be nice to include a option to group chat via whisper instead of just messaging with one specific person.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add that accounts need to be with a certain time of creation decided for the same channel, time can vary from no time to days, weeks, or months if intended.
    when the account surpasses this creation time, ti will be able to speak in your channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The stream viewing options on desktop include "fullscreen" (no chat displayed) and "theater mode" (chat occupies about 1/3rd of the screen, on the right). Given that the vast majority of streams are in widescreen format, dedicating a large vertical column to chat results in the gameplay "window" occupying less than 1/2 the screen, with huge "letterboxing".
    It would be a huge improvement to allow the viewer's chat display to overlap onto the video feed, via a window that can resized, repositioned and whose background can be made transparent. It would serve as an "interactive fullscreen" mode, where viewers can be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Followers only mode set for anything above thirty mins completely just kills people's channels. Replace it with how old their account is instead

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow me to disable the sub anniversary reminder permanently. The chat UI allows me to ignore it for a month, but I never want to see it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No se porque nadie puede ver mis comentarios en el chat y en el resubido tampoco veo mis comentarios. ¿Saben como puedo solucionarlo?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Block all links automatically that are not trusted/owned by twitch and make the streamers manually add links they trust to a whitelist for whispers and their twitch chat

Noticed for the past 2 years that there has been active group DDoSing old school runescape streamers with fake lookalike ip grabbing links, like clipstwitch .live, imgur .us, gyazo .nl and yȯutube .com and they dont even get punished for it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to see a "Safe User Chat List" As it currently is I am being plagues by bot accounts spammers and griefers. I know I can add a few people to VIP and Mod, but those were folks that have occasionally subscribed. This means I no longer get the occasional sub from them. Due to the current griefer/bot garbage I've had to set my chat to subscriber only.

If I had a Safe user Chat-list I could add people to, to allow them to chat then they coudl still donate, and even when not subbed still chat.
    We need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Twitch really needs some sort of a reputation system for each person in a chat. Every time someone toxic is flagged/reviewed by a moderator in any streamer's chat, their rating could drop. Then channels could set a minimum rating level requirement. Have a low rating for being a toxic human? So long!

Of course, there would be bully mods that pick on people in chat that they do not like and dock them points on purpose. That could be a problem. It's just really annoying when you are conversing with a decent human in chat and then a negative, immature…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be very useful to get for moderators to be able to accept/deny channel points redeems directly from chat without having to open the request queue or modview. Like a small button saying ACCEPT and DENY just below the redeem.

For moderators who work with a lot of requests every hour this would mean managing the redeems a lot faster and easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?