Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

271 results found

1. People in chat should be able to upvote chat messages so streamers can connect more with their viewers.
    People watching streams often share similar view on gameplay etc.

For example: The streamer clutches a 1v4 situation but ends up dying of fall damage or poison or whatever :P its just an example here!
    But then someone in chat types "You missed a healthpack behind that tree" The message gets upvoted and the streamer see's the message and replies "Oh i didnt notice it, thanks i will remember that"

Example: You cannot upvote your own messages because that would just be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would be cool a chat group together the normal chat like had a tool or a simple option that could find friends or new peoples to meet

Being this option you enter another chat but in the same stream and with people who can now be your friends

Ex:
    Normal chat -> click a button -> chatgroup( the same stream )

If could draw the idea would be better but i think it be enough

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For affiliates, you can create roles for users. For example, instead of just VIP and Moderator, you can create a role, change it's icon and appearance. (ex: Friends Role.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please, Twitch, I'm begging. Get rid of Emote Only Mode!!! A few emotes are ok, but nothing but emotes is just ridiculous! I go to chat rooms to CHAT not post silly pictures. I want to talk and emote only is a waste of my time.
    So just get rid of it. That's all. I hope I'm not the only person who feels this way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Problem:

If there is a non-standard latin letter in a link, link detection ends with the last letter before that non-standard letter.

For example:
    Link in chat: www.example.de/derötzi
    Link dectection generates a link to www.example.de/der and "ötzi" remains as plain text, but the text of the link and "ötzi" is kept together

A fix would be helpfull, for this specific and other letters, for example there maybe letters like ä, ü, ñ, æ, ø, etc that may cause problems with link detection.
    (Note: I wasn't able to check myself if these other letters don't work in links, but I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the chat so that it loads previous messages when you enter a stream

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Unable to shout out raiders, new followers, hosts, etc in the chat. Have to manually type the username.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When on a computer, you must type the beginning of the username instead of it searching for partial username as it does on mobile (e.g., dj_name - must type @dj instead of @name).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hey,
    i thought about the option to create custom Usergroups in Chats with the option to save comments about a User. That would help creating an onboard Raffle system for CommunityGames and some other stuff with a Gamebalance.

For Example: User XY writes !CMD Valorantelo=2 (silver) Rocketleagueelo=3 (whatever) and the Creator can use it as a filter like !GetNames Valorant_elo=2 to get only user in this area of skill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With the new addition of verified users only in chat, you can have an account which is 2FA enabled but still requires a cell phone SMS verification.
    This seems non-sensical as 2FA via an authenticator is app technically more secure than SMS verification, however it is not treated as equivalent.

2FA via an authenticator app should count as an account as verified the same as SMS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. wanneer iemand resubed op een kanaal, wordt in de chat het volgende getoond: "(naam) heeft zijn/haar abonnement vernieuwd" dit sluit alleen alle andere genders buiten. het zal al een enorme vooruitgang zijn als "hun" toegevoerd wordt .

bedankt!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lets put limits on repeated messages or at least message length, my entire chat experience is ruined due to copy pastas clogging and suffocating any type of interesting conversations going on. It is literally an entire paragraph thats copied and really needs to stop. I would also accept a way to mass block anyone who copy pastas like that. Just sayin, any popular league stream is just copy pasta, salt, toxicity and KEKW. I lose IQ points every time I try to enjoy a stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow the partner badge to be blocked/disabled by the streamer in their own chat so NO partner badges appear in their chat.

This can help with anxiety that may be caused by seeing this and not knowing the person or also block any passive advertising the partner may be doing/aiming for.

so simply put:
    The streamer should be able to remove the partner badge from their own chat altogether for all users chatting in that chat.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. please put a country flag in front of the nickname so that you know which country the listener is from

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow me to disable the sub anniversary reminder permanently. The chat UI allows me to ignore it for a month, but I never want to see it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Watchalong streams often have people posting spoilers. Some moderators introduce emote mode, but this prevents discussion.

A solution to this would be a feature to introduce a moderator-controlled delay to the chat. Therefore, people could continue writing comments live, but everyone elsewould get them a bit later (say 5, 10, 20, 30 seconds).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Block all links automatically that are not trusted/owned by twitch and make the streamers manually add links they trust to a whitelist for whispers and their twitch chat

Noticed for the past 2 years that there has been active group DDoSing old school runescape streamers with fake lookalike ip grabbing links, like clipstwitch .live, imgur .us, gyazo .nl and yȯutube .com and they dont even get punished for it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd like to see a "Safe User Chat List" As it currently is I am being plagues by bot accounts spammers and griefers. I know I can add a few people to VIP and Mod, but those were folks that have occasionally subscribed. This means I no longer get the occasional sub from them. Due to the current griefer/bot garbage I've had to set my chat to subscriber only.

If I had a Safe user Chat-list I could add people to, to allow them to chat then they coudl still donate, and even when not subbed still chat.
    We need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Too many messages in chat make the stream spammy and makes it hard for streamers to see what is going on.

It also makes it hard for viewers to hold conversations with each-other or even follow what is happening.

If viewers could stay in smaller chat groups, they could hold actual conversations in those groups.

And if those groups could upvote comments, the most-voted comments could be made visible for all users in every group, working like a spam filter in which only the good comments are made visible for everyone, reducing spam drastically.

Link to UI concept: https://medium.com/@msnabunabu/streaming-chat-concept-use-viewer-groups-to-stop-the-spam-b8b11c2ccf55

Imagine…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is currently a section for weekly top gifters/cheers. There should also be a section for weekly top rewards winners. This would encourage users to interact with channel points more often and allow users that aren't financially able to get top gifts/cheers to still get to the top of the leaderboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?