Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

271 results found

1. For example when the entire chat spams "LUL" emote because something funny happened, you just have to left click at one of the "LULs" sent by users and it automatically gets put into your "Send a Message" box ready to use.

This would make the Chat more active because you dont have to type the entire emote name especially if its an emote you dont know the name of, then you could just click on it and send it, instead of checking the name and typing it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. One aspect of Twitch I personally dislike is that any user can obtain any color in your room. Its detrimental to the theme you've created, or purchased, for your stream. It isn't personalized to you, its personalized to them...

I would absolutely love it if Twitch streamers had an option to set up customized username colors for their chatters based on their interactions.

For example;
    - First-time viewer; Green
    - Viewer that hasn't followed; Gray
    - Follower; Purple
    - Donator; Orange
    etc...

This way, you can see at a glance who contributes to your stream regularly, and not only that,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Maybe adding a way to hide the chat, but not the chat bar where you type/send messages ? i think this would be a good idea because in super fast or weird chats, its kinda annoying to open chat everytime to comment on something . this would also be a good idea because if you dont want to see a chat whizzing by but still want to say stuff, being able to show only the chat bar would be nice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow streamers to set their channel to a bit-only chat mode. Streamers can choose how much a message would cost. For example each time a user would send a message it would cost 5 bits.

This would help reduce channel spam.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Happy new year! I hope that Twitch will be able to take place of alphabet... I don't know what research you have done so it is hard to help you. Applaud (positive enforcement for creator) It would be great, creator could see what part of the show is most popular and the consumers could erxpress themself while limiting spam.

Why I watch YT and not Twitch (when I do) ... I can,t stop/fast forward live video :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If there is a need to ban someone or remove a comment, those should still be seen on the Video on Demand and not edited out as it appears that is happening. It is a good idea to leave these in so that others seeing the repeat will see how strict the mods are on channel, what gets you banned or your comment removed. Then the person can decide to keep watching/sub to the channel. Any viewer late to the stream questioning why a user got banned or a comment removed can go back and see that section on the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello everyone!

I have an idea that would help me and maybe others to improve the twitch usage a lot by offering a second / optional position of the chat.

IDEA: A optional chat position under the stream with the same width as the stream itself. So the stream can use the full width of the browser and the chat too! Normal and optional chat position via toggle would be great.

The reason why i had this idea:

Normally the chat is on the right side of the stream, which is perfectly fine when using twitch in a browser only.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As thousands of messages scroll in the chat room, unable to read them, I close the chat and come back to it, from time to time, as I'm watching the game. Therefore, I suggest highlighting the replies to my messages when I come back to chat. Thx! Regards,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. so in chatterino you can see banned messages if it goes though and i was hopping yall can also add this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please, most of times happen that writing a messages in the chat I write a wrong messages. It can be helpful the chance to edit the messages in the 5 or 10 seconds to correct it and write the right message.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • *italic text*,
    • **bold text**,
    • `Discord-style inline code` (greetings!),
    • \*escaped, non-italic text\*,
    • \n, new-line (otherwise CTRL+Enter); maybe only allowed for verified bots,
    • etc.

It would be really cool to have. As a streamer and bot dev, the first example that comes to mind might be:

Wrong usage. `!help <topic>` to show help about a specific topic or command.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think it would be cool if there were a way to hop into chat under a temporary username, similar to Discord. I usually invite friends and family to join my stream and chat but they would rather not have to create an account to chat. So if there were a way to assign a temporary username to join chat, I feel like people will feel more inclined to stay in the stream.

I know there's probably some kind of security and privacy risk with this, but if there would be a proper way to track a user's IP (or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There should be an option on twitch where you can have the chat sidebar smoothly scroll up, rather than move up immediately each time a new message is sent. The current view makes it so hard to follow along, as you have to constantly flick your eyes upward in some of the more quick moving streams.

The new option could speed up/slow down based on how much comment traffic is going on at the moment. Seems like a very easy idea for twitch to implement

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would be very grateful if the twitch chat had a line break function. The commands and automatic messages would be easier and more friendly to the viewers.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. give mods the ability to have a swordfight/minigame in chat. this would give the mods something to do in chat and also be a way to let the streamer know mods are always active. i have seen streamers ask if there is a mod in chat. this way all the streamer would have to do is look over and see there are at least 2 active at the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Implement a universal chat badge based on the user's account age. Similar to sub age based sub badges, these badges would vary based on the account age. For example, at 5 years old the account would have access to badge 1, 10 years badge 2, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add a animated colors for nickname like you could have 2 colors or i would be animated

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is more delay when watching from mobile app rather than computer, approximately 5 more seconds. Therefore, messages sent by using a device that does not have extra delay will be spoiler for mobile users. Thus, mobile users are forced to get away from the conversation environment if they do not want to be exposed from spoilers. For this reason, there might be an optional setting in mobile app to compansate the extra delay for the chat flow for who does not want to see the chat messages beforehand. There can be a mechanism to measure the extra delay automatically…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sohbetde kullanılan komutlar için ayrı bir sohbet penceresi olması fazla yer kaplayan komut yorumlarından arındırılmış olur. Sohbet daha sağde ve kolay takip edilebilir olmuş olur.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?