Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. As a Minecraft streamer, the Minecraft community recently with servers like QSMP bridging different speaking language communities with live translation, there are a lot of different communities crossing paths for the first time! The only issue is, many streamers (including myself) only speak 1 language, and the mods also speak one language, so any messages of other languages get deleted, as the streamer can't read them and the mods can't moderate them, so it would be AWESOME to be able to be able to see a live translation in chat! This could work by each individual person setting their preferential…

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ability to hide the Mod Badge/ Sword from view.

This is especially important for communities that are on the smaller side where new viewers may be intimidated by the amount of mods with their badge chatting.

It also allows certain moderators to mod anonymously.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hype Chat is just an attempt to take a cut of standard non-bit tips, and is ripe for abuse by bad actors paying to pin harmful messages.

I propose the following changes:

1) The existing reactive moderation tools are not good enough; add a setting to make all hype chats go into the mod queue for approval.

2) Allow a channel to completely disable the hype chat feature.

3) Change revenue split to 100/0 in favor of the streamer.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Live Chat translation. I understand there is a variety of languages out there that people speak and only certain channels will allow x amount of languages due to chat moderation and such. But it would be a cool feature for mods to be able to use or for chat users/streamers to be able to interact with the community more! Instead of just saying we don’t allow that language or so the user doesn’t have to translate it using a 3rd party app. Ik there is extensions you can use but would be nice feature for twitch to have. Amazon did…

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. the message used with /announce does not render at all on mobile. If it just didn't highlight then that's one thing, but a mod message that no mobile users can see is worthless.

I was eager to utilize the feature, but without mobile users being able to see the message /announce does more harm than good and I can't use it

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As of today's announcement as TwitchCon Las Vegas 2023, Twitch has changed it's simulcast policy.

It states: ..."do not use third-party services that combine activity from other platforms or services on your Twitch stream during your Simulcast, such as merging chat or other features"...

In other words, embedding YouTube or TikTok chat into the live stream is not allowed.

I think this will hurt the industry, as other platforms may follow these rules as well, making it less likely to embed chats in live streams.

As third-party developer i see that embedding Chat in live streams is a core feature…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I’d like there to be a toggle to enable or disable auto emotes for text emotes like these; :/ :) :( :D
    Normally when these are typed it’s automatically turned into a twitch emote but I don’t want that :/

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. TLDR; Twitch members would really benefit from users having an option to add phonetic spelling to their profile.

Whenever someone comes into chat, I like to ask how their name is pronounced. This often means that new followers’ first message is how their name is pronounced, or lurking users may be pulled out of their lurk to explain how it is pronounced. For some, requests like this may even be microaggressive.

A solution to this would be an opt-in feature for phonetic spelling, where the phonetic spelling of the username is available on their page and when hovering over their…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I frequent a twitch channel that has been harassed by a troll persistently for the past 2-3 months. This troll has been evading chat bans by creating multiple accounts.

Recently, when the troll is banned from the chat, he's begun to use the tactic of whispering to other people in the chat room in order to harass them...some of these viewers are even foolish enough to pass on insults from the troll to the broadcaster.

The channel regulars know better than to respond to this troll, and ignore him, but the fact that the troll can still whisper other viewers…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Similar to Twitter, so when you click on a user's name in chat you will see:

• A "follows you" tag so you know if they are following you, if you happen to see them in another channel's chat

• An option to view "channels you both follow" so you know if you have any other channels in common

People often say they see similar names in other chats and it would be really useful to know what channels/interests you share with other Twitch users.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having 12h times is confusing, since where I live, all printed times are always given in 24h format.

I'd like there to be a UI option to switch between.

If feasible, the default settings whould depend on the user's locale, so most people would never need to touch it - it'd be "right" for them automatically.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add ability to turn on a notification sound for new messages in channels you are in, but you are tabbed out. It could be set to: notify about every message, notify about friend message, do not notify about new messages. The sound could be a simple BLIP sound.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Moderators of a channel have access to highlighted chat messages without the cost of channel points.
    this could have big impact in chats as moderator would be able to get a message across to either the chat or the streamer with ease without it being lost in a sea of messages.
    this could also be a fetuare the streamer could disable/enable if they dont want moderators to have access to free highlighhted messages.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When actively chatting or just lurking with a stream in the background, I often miss when I receive a whisper. Please add the option for a notification sound when I receive a whisper

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes you need to post information to your channel that is best viewed when its multiline, like a table with header and rows, list of items or some mini-report from the channel bot.

Since IRC can't use CRLF in messages, I suggest adding a way for channel mods (avoids abuse) to use a special symbol (or double-space as in markdown) that would visually act as a line break.

That way it would be possible for mods (users and bots) to post quick summaries to the channel that are easy to read and do not require several posts to make it…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to @mod so everyone who is a mod gets to see the message and not just the one the persons @'ts

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When streaming using my VPN, my chat constantly disconnects and reconnects. This does not happen when VPN is off, and is not actually a connection issue as I never drop frames. I could ignore the constant spamming of "welcome to the chat room" but the problem is that I miss chats from my community. Being a small streamer, this is unacceptable as I read and respond to everyone. Being a female streamer, turning off my VPN is not an option. I do understand that twitch is trying to do something about people using VPN's to get around channel bans. But…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think a lot of people might agree with this and I think this is a good idea but not sure if its possible..
    But hear me out....

what if it was possible for all streamers having an option to have an auto language translate?

Pro:
    - People that doesnt know how to type in english, will be able to type anything on their own language and then when u send it/ maybe before send it, will translate it to english.
    - you as a stream watcher, be able to join other content creators chat that is not in english,…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Being able to add slowmode to a specific person. If there's no reason to time them out or outright ban, making it so they can't spam every second. Can slow them down from behind the scenes!

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am a moderator of a Twitch channel which regularly has more than 1000 spectators. When we want to convey a message to viewers, it is often difficult to read...
    I propose to add a new feature to moderators so that they can display a visible banner of all (as, for example, that of bits donations).
    Thanks in advance.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?