Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. Support right to left text alignment when typing arabic and english text at the same sentence.

As example:

السلام عليكم يا jon لدي بعض الاخبار لك
    In this example, some text came before other text, when translating the above sentence we get:

"I have some news to you jon peace be upone you mr."

The above sentence should be in the same order as this:

لدي بعض الاخبار لك jon السلام عليكم يا
    When we translate this sentence we get:

"Peace be upone you mr. jon, I have some news to you."

As we can see those two examples have…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A similar feature to chat blocked term or other form of blacklist words for chat whispers.

This thought came up because the "Want to be famous" bots have taken to whispers instead of chat. But this feature would be great to ease issues of harrassment being able to block potential slurs or other disparraging words.

In chat we have blocked terms as well as third party bots to filter out spam or unwanted words. But bots don't currently have the ability to filter whispers and twitch has no native method to block unwanted whispers outside of fully blocking all whispers.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In rooms with a lot of viewers things can be very crowded, making it difficult for the broadcaster to read and respond to chat.

One method for dealing with this is to allow channel moderators to tag interesting chat messages so that the broadcaster can see them easier. These messages could be highlighted to the broadcaster, made persistent like a "sticky", or even a filter mode so only tagged messages will show.

This offloads the work of finding significant messages within chat to the moderators instead of the broadcaster who's already preoccupied with the game.

This relies on the broadcaster…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I feel the Shoutout command could be improved by allowing channels to configure an auto shoutout to happen when a channel raids. Limits should be placed on when the Raid auto shoutout occurs such as
    Raiding VIPs
    Raiding channels followed by the creator
    Raiding Subscribers
    Raiding Followers
    ect.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. You can hide (delete?) one whisper if you click on the 'x' the right side of the whisper, but what if I want to delete all the whispers with one click. I can mark them all to read, but can't delete all. Please make it possible.

Reason: I have a bot which autohost many channels. Means every channel the bot user visits gets an whisper what says about 'welcome on my channel...'. So now, I have to delete hundreds of messages to be able to see never, real messages (because I turned off whisper possibility and allow for followers/follows only).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. DinoDance was the best global animated emote twitch had.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello,

My suggestion involves a small rework of the current broadcast time (stream uptime). I think it would be nice to separate it by category and then display the total uptime, for example:

[Game Icon] 1:30:00 [Game Icon] 1:00:00 [Total] 2:30:00

It doesn't necessarily have to be shown directly on the stream interface; it could be displayed as a tooltip on mouse hover or when clicked. This way, viewers could see how much time the streamer has been playing or doing activities in a specific category.

I have created an example image for reference (tooltip on mouse hover)
    https://i.imgur.com/9gBMtci.png

Apologies…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dear Twitch Execs,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my concern regarding the recent introduction of "Hype Chat Pricing by Country" on Twitch. While I appreciate the efforts to cater to a global audience and acknowledge the need for regional pricing adjustments, the current implementation has resulted in significant disadvantages for many currencies.

The new pricing structure, as illustrated by the statistics below, reveals a consistent 30% increase across various tiers:

$1-Tier costs 1.20 EUR, equivalent to $1.30 (30% increase)
    $5-Tier costs 6 EUR, equivalent to $6.52 (30.4% increase)
    $10-Tier costs 12 EUR, equivalent…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give channel moderators the power to shout out someone in chat by clicking their username and selecting a "shout out" option (another way of shouting them out vs. using /shoutout @username).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've often found it to be a bit of an annoyance when I have a custom badge (the one that overrides your global badge) set in a channel and then I take some action such as cheering bits of gifting a sub and my custom badge automatically gets updated and then I have to go change it back to what I want it to stay as. I understand the feature in and of itself is nice to have and in many cases I may want the automatic updated badge, but I would like to have an option (ideally on a…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We’re testing more ways to make it easier for creators to recognize new and returning viewers in chat with additional chat highlights for Mentions, Mods, and Subs. You can toggle individual highlights on or off to focus on a specific type of viewer you want to recognize, like highlighting important messages from your mods or showing love to your subs.

These highlights will not be visible to viewers in chat.

Note: This feature is a limited experiment and we will monitor feedback before deciding to make these highlights more widely available. You may see additional highlight options as we experiment…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Danky responded

Hey everyone! Wanted to give you all an exciting update: The Raider Chat Highlight is now live to all streamers. You can adjust in your Chat Highlight settings how long raiders will be highlighted for in chat (5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, and 4 hours). Learn more here!

What other Chat Highlights would you like to see added? Let us know what you think of this update in the comments below!

12. I have been with this bug for months, when the Slow Mode is enable (doesn't matter what time is set) after a send a message is shows "you can chat in (absurd time like 4h 9m)", this only happens on PC, so i can't send any message, i have to use the cellphone to send something (because the bug doesn't happen there) or ask to the MOD to turn it off Slow Mode which isn't nice when there is 1300 people watching, REALLY annoying and doesn't make sense, would be a relief if someone fix that.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow the partner badge to be blocked/disabled by the streamer in their own chat so NO partner badges appear in their chat.

This can help with anxiety that may be caused by seeing this and not knowing the person or also block any passive advertising the partner may be doing/aiming for.

so simply put:
    The streamer should be able to remove the partner badge from their own chat altogether for all users chatting in that chat.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since Twitch's chat is based off of IRC, in theory this should be somewhat simple.

There would be a section in the Twitch dashboard under moderation where you could go and view the chat logs either for individual streams, or for certain dates, or use wildcards/keywords/filters/tags to find what you are looking for.

This would help with moderating your chat, and make sure people were not abusing others while you're offline or away.

I've heard that posting Twitch chat logs is against TOS or something, so you would have to outline restrictions and rules in the TOS and community guidelines…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am a very active twitch user, and whisper a LOT of people daily, but after a certain amount of whispers, you MUTE me... and I can no longer whisper.
    There is no explanation, telling me that I sent too many, nothing... so I thought it was a bug, but it turns out you probably have a daily limit. You may want to reconsider that as your platform is quickly growing. Put it up to 200 or something. Or unlimited really, up to you but I hope that you change this feature.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice to be able to view your own chat log, the same way moderators/streamers can view yours. And if you've been timed out, you can see which chat message got you a timeout.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This could be a customizeable badge that only shows up locally (other users cant see it). There are a few ways this can be useful such as:

1. Being able to mark friends so you can see if they are chatting in the same room as you.

2. Tagging yourself so your own messages can be seen easier in screenshots.

3. Tagging the person you are chatting with in a busy channel so you can easily see their messages before they get buried under lines of spam. (Ablility to make it temporary maybe)

If you need to you can have it saved as…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Win10 / Brave (Chromium)
    Steps to reproduce: Have your cursor / focus in the chat input box. Now move your mouse pointer to hover over one of your followed or recommended streams on the left. Watch how the chat input loses focus and gets it back after you move your mouse back. Type. Tadaa: Backwards chat input.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. with the advent of the new mod tools i feel now is the right time to introduce word a replacement for chat. As an example, the channel owner and mods have the option to set replacements so if someone wants to be inflammatory by typing "oi your hair is stupid" the message appears in chat as "hello your hair is super". in the example the word "oi" is replaced with "hello" and "stupid" replaced with "super", this should be case insensitive and have replaced words highlighted so mods can check what was replaced with the original message posted in mod…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to NOT see bots listed under "users in chat". It is annoying and I can't tell who is a real viewer and who is a bot.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?