Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. As rules appear only once and not a lot of people really reads them in reality it would be a good idea to implement /rules command that would show the rules popup.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I was thinking if twitch had a Badge for streamers, so you know who is a watcher and who is a streamer in chat. That would be a cool way to discover new streamers.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think It would be awesome to have transparent chat. Theater mode is cool, but it would be even better to have transparent chat that user can place over fullscreen video and customize its size (like some streamers do using OBS)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sometimes as a mod you need to tell something quick to other mods or to the channel streamer and you have to rely on other platforms like Discord or Twitter (or whispers) which makes it slow and tedious.

It would be great to write something in chat and make it visible only for other mods and the streamer, maybe a pinned message for 30 seconds on the same area where Hype trains and other important things appear.
    The streamer could enable/disable this feature and the time to make this messages available.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Current status on ultrawide screen (27'' 21:9)

2 empty bars embrace the video, and then a tiny chat is displayed

Allow us to resize the chat width.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 「エタ」の NG ワード解除を行うべきです。この言葉が BAN されていることにより, 全く関係のないいくつかの日本語の単語が書き込めなくなっています。また, 「エタ」はほんらいの差別用語としての役割をほとんど失っており, もはや日本人がこの用語を相手を侮辱する目的で使うことはほとんどありません。さらにカタカナで書くことはほとんどなく, 漢字で書かれることが一般的です (ですが差別的に使われることがないのでどちらにしても不適当です)
    「エタ」に限らず二文字のワードブロックは他の日本語語彙に広範囲に影響を与えており, それによりコミュニケーションが円滑に行うことが出来ません。もう一度, Twitch 運営側にはNGワードリストの再定義/再検討を熱望しています。

「エタ」により非表示にされる単語のリスト(一部)

・エターニア (e.g. テイルズオブエターニア)
    ・エターナル (e.g. エターナル・アルカディア)
    ・エタノール
    ・エタ・ド・ブルゴーニュ
    ・エタクロニクル

Twitch should deactivate the NG word for "エタ (eta)." The BAN of this word makes it impossible to write in some completely unrelated Japanese words. In addition, エタ has almost lost its role as a purely discriminatory term, and Japanese people no longer use the term to insult others. Furthermore, エタ is rarely written in katakana, and is generally written in kanji, such as 穢多 (but either way it's inappropriate because it's not used in a…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Polls is a great system however there could be some improvements

1) longer running polls - 5, 10, 60 or indefinite (broadcaster stops poll)
    2) browser source customisation / improvement - it's currently a little bit hacked together with no real thought. like if added to OBS how am i meant to change whats being displayed?
    3) there should be an API available for this (speaking from a developer standpoint)

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So, I, as a mod have the option to pin every message in the chat.
    The pin button is right next to the reply button, and I've found myself accidentally misclicking the pin button instead of the reply button.
    In my opinion, it should be harder to pin messages and you shouldn't be able to accidentally pin a message, if you wanted to reply to it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've been looking into an issue where quite a few Unicode emojis break down when being send in the chat. This seems can be observed on both the website as the mobile client, as well as in the chat client I'm working on. The root cause seems to be that the "Zero Width Joiner" character (200D in UTF-16 hex representation) gets filtered out somewhere inside the IRC system. This will cause for example the following emoji (🧑‍🤝‍🧑) to break down into (🧑🤝🧑)

This issue eventually results in 1329 of the 3512 emojis specified in Unicode 13.1 (https://www.unicode.org/Public/emoji/13.1/emoji-test.txt filtered on…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some streamers with huge numbers have no choice but to have chat in sub only mode. What if you had two chats, all-chat, and a sub only chat, and the streamer could decide which they wanted to look at, whilst the entire community could still communicate with one another.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The /poll action isn't working for me on desktop or mobile. I've tried different browsers too. Not sure if it was happening to anyone else or just me. The button to open to interface shows when I type /poll but it doesn't open anything. /prediction works and all that but just not poll. I'm just a mod at the moment so I can't access the full dashboard to do it that way.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch has imposed a 4,000 character limit for DMs. It would be extremely helpful if there was a counter with the composition window that showed a user how many remaining characters may be typed in a message before that limit is reached.

I learned of this limit the hard way; one time I clicked 'Send' on a message, only to get a screen with a red box across the top of it informing me my message had exceeded the character limit and my message hadn't been sent. Unfortunately, the text of that message was lost too.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We are experimenting with a new feature that allows new viewers in a channel to introduce themselves via a simple prompt. Messages sent through this feature will be highlighted to the rest of Chat with an invitation to welcome the user via chat reply or @mention. This feature is in a limited release, and we will monitor feedback before deciding whether to make it more widely available.

Channels are enrolled in the experiment automatically and randomly, and creators can toggle the feature on and off in their Moderation settings under Chat Options: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/settings/moderation

We'd love to hear your thoughts and…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A badge for both creators AND chat members.

The creator badge will be shown next to the creators name on their live stream thumbnail, as well as in the title of the stream next to their name, but also will show the chatters birthdays as well.

Weve all been in a chat and someone obnoxiously @s the streamer saying "ITS MY FRIENDS DOGS COUSINS SISTERS BIRTHDAY TODAY - CAN YOU SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BIG BERTHA!??"

If we have a birthday badge, it will subtly put that exciting news out there without anyone having to tell anyone else about it…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Making the chat not lag so you don’t post something randomly in chat and so you can see the chat in real time instead of having to refresh the app because chat gets stuck causing you to miss out on replies and other comments

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi, all! We're thrilled to announce the upcoming launch of a new native chat command that allows you to give another streamer a shoutout in chat, so that you can introduce them to your viewers and help them grow! Here's an overview of the key features all broadcasters and mods can expect to see in September:

Use "/shoutout [channel]" to support another streamer by displaying a follow button for their channel in chat, so your viewers can support by following them without leaving your live stream.
    If the channel getting the shoutout has a stream schedule set up, it will also…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There should be an option to set up a bot without making a new account.

How it would work?
    You would have a bot tab, which allows you to get a link to connect other services to it like streamelements, streamlabs, etc

What are the benefits:
    1) people don't have to get their bots a subscription
    2) it's extremely easy to customise
    3) no one has a reason to create bot accounts unless it's meant with malice. Which would help a ton with things like tracking follow bots and hate raid bots.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You are currently capable of reviewing those deleted messages but most people are not interested in that and at least in my small audience i heard that they would love to have an option removing those "message deleted" messages entirely.
    Make it default perhaps?
    Mods and people that actually care about that (for honesty ... what reason...?) can turn it on in the settings.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. have options for sound when a person comments in the chat!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This idea specifically pertains to command driven channels, like Twitch Plays Pokemon, SaltyBet, and the like. Generally in channels like this it becomes very difficult to read conversation when the chat is flooded by commands, and depending on the channel, bot responses to those commands.

My suggestion would be to grant channel owners the option to have a bot/command specific chat log, perhaps with a simple vertical separation from the standard chat, so as to separate commands from conversation.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?