Chat/Messaging

Chat/Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Twitch should create a chat badge for editors, such as VIPs, administrators and moderators. It can be a square with a pencil inside, for example

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This would be very handy when chat is spamming a global emote nonstop and timing people out isn't helping

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This is another anti-troll feature to combat trolls who evade chat bans by just creating new accounts. Whenever new users sign up for an account, they have to verify their account with a phone number, much like how Gmail and Hotmail verify new accounts. Each phone number can only be used to verify an address X times per year (for example, 3 per year).

This will make it harder for trolls to constantly create new accounts to evade chat bans. You can even give broadcasters the option of preventing people who haven't verified their accounts with a phone number from…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Making it so banning will remove the persons follow. Maybe make it so if they have been banned for over 30 minutes it auto removes the follow and blocks them from following again. Maybe also putting a little notification that shows up in their notifications that they have been removed from following ( username ) due to a recent ban in that stream. Then it would have a timer with the amount of time left before they can ask for an unban request and if accepted regains their follow age.

Thanks in advance for looking at this , LinoYeen

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The same way you can blacklist and whitelist terms in the chat, it would be useful to be able to whitelist links in the chat. Using a bot for this is not ideal because the links is deleted by the bot and still visible to users with extensions. Messages with links should not be sent at all and some links/domains should be whitelistable

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sometimes the chat experience is impaired by trolls continually and relentlessly creating/using additional alternative accounts to repeatedly circumvent any ban, return to chat, and continue spamming or harassing the channel.

I suggest that Twitch provide an additional set of moderation commands, capabilities, and information in the chat-related APIs and IRC interfaces to assist broadcasters and their channel bots to control abuse in these types of situations.

Some ideas for suggested channel Moderator Commands/Options to Add:

• "Approved" chatters list - A List/Hash table of unlimited size for any users manually approved by a moderator to chat plus a list of all…
    10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be very helpful to have the current hidden character limit shown just like on twitter or similar websites, and not be able to send the messages when they are too long, instead of giving us the illusion to have sent them successfully when it is not actually the case. Both in chat and whispers.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's too easy to create an account so once a user reports a bot account the staff bans them, they get a new IP and are ready to go again.

If you implement a shadowbanning system where their messages appear in chat but not to other users then that means that staff only have to ban the user once as they will not make a new account. It would be like a global ignore feature except the person being banned will not know that they have been ignored by every user. This would make the staffs job so much easier…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. This could be a customizeable badge that only shows up locally (other users cant see it). There are a few ways this can be useful such as:

1. Being able to mark friends so you can see if they are chatting in the same room as you.

2. Tagging yourself so your own messages can be seen easier in screenshots.

3. Tagging the person you are chatting with in a busy channel so you can easily see their messages before they get buried under lines of spam. (Ablility to make it temporary maybe)

If you need to you can have it saved as…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Good afternoon everyone!

I think it would be a neat feature for users to earn a chat badge for a specific amount of the time that they have been on Twitch.

In my opinion, a 5 year badge would be appropriate for this feature (i.e. If I created my account in 2011, I would earn a badge in 2016).

This would also be a great way of saying thank you to those who have been using the website for a while and motivate those to remain on Twitch.

Users should also be able to enable/disable the badge in their settings…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. People who receive a gifted sub in the first month should also be allowed founder badge.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Streamers should get notifications when their MODs or VIPs enter their chat.

This enables the streamer to give recognition as well as take solace in knowing that the chat is being monitored.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Some streamers with huge numbers have no choice but to have chat in sub only mode. What if you had two chats, all-chat, and a sub only chat, and the streamer could decide which they wanted to look at, whilst the entire community could still communicate with one another.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When watching popular channels, the chat is often a wall of emote spam not saying anything, and any 'actual' chat messages disappear too fast to read. It would be very useful to hide any messages that are just repeated emotes.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be helpful for using Twitch in a portrait mode to allow chat to occupy the bottom of the screen. Often while using Twitch I like to snap the window to half of the display, and use the other half for other tasks.

Right now I have to pop-out the chat, which is a little clunky.

In addition, it would be handy if the divide between the video and the chat was resizeable, so I could make chat bigger or smaller, and have the video automatically resize.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To turn on or off the timestamp for chatmessages is a great feature but, it's very annoying you can't select 24 hours format. Please add an option to select between 12 and 24 hour time format.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. An idea that would help streamers control chat from back seating when playing puzzle games.

Allowing mods to put singular users into emote only mode if repeat offenders.

Allowing extra blacklisted words and phrases to be activated when only in this mode. (blacklisting things like 'the other way' 'wrong shape' ect ect.. for aslong as the mode is active.

Adding a banner somewhere in chat or overlay somewhere letting users know anti-backseat mode is active and not to do it.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd really love a proper DM system similar to other social sites, group chats, good comms, stable software etc. Personally love Instagram and twitter format, but ours really... sucks. I have ZERO incentive to use Twitch as a means of communication. I run a lot of giveaways for big streamers and have to DM people which usually results in a blacklist because im messaging too many people, hence why I never use whispers and just ask people to DM me on other platforms. I'd love to see reactions enabled, proper linking and formatting, no weird server disconnects, messages not sending/appearing,…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Some streamers have so much flooding/spam/trash in their chat that it slows down the browser and computer to the point it freezes.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Example: If I am in a channel and then move from desktop to phone app after loading channel in the phone app I am presented with a fresh clear chat. The feature that could be added is where even if I move from desktop to phone app and still going back to the channel. I should be able to see all the conversations and chat logs that occurred during the move from desktop to phone app.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?