Chat/Messaging

Chat/Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think you should get channel points by watching the vod of a stream if you missed the stream itself because of work or living in another time zone.
    Of course you only should get points for recent vods and if you didn't watch the livestream.
    As I live in europe and some of my favorite streamers live in the US, I often can't watch the livestream, but watch most of the vods. I don't think it would harm anyone and if executed correctly it can't be exploited.

19 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Affiliates should have a global badge that separates them from the rest of the chat as broadcasters.
    A broadcaster has that camera badge on their own channel, but when they are on another streamer's channel, they do now own a badge.

That badge will be benefiting working hard Affiliates that socialize in other channels and would help them get followers and gain new supporters. Also as a streamer myself, i would like to know when someone on my channel is a streamer so i can follow them too.

To avoid being overused by people who streamed for a little and…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For over a year now, many users have to reload the Twitch page to see new whisper.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Currently, removing a viewer's message also removes the previous message. Allow the removal of a single message.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AYUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This suggestion is basicly 2 ideas together:
    1- Adding a way to toggle the stream to mod-only mode. Right now we have sub-only mode, but in bigger channels it would be good to have a mod-only mode to do announcements, warnings, etc.

2- Adding a separate mod chat, where only mods could see the messages and chat.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be nice if companies could add verified dev twitch accounts associated with their games, and if the dev's were in chats of streams playing those games they could get a special game dev badge in chat to show that.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When actively chatting or just lurking with a stream in the background, I often miss when I receive a whisper. Please add the option for a notification sound when I receive a whisper

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. On Discord, you can react to a message with an emote or emoji. This allows people to react to a comment without clogging up the chat with "LOL" or "yes/no", etc. The streamer would be able to opt-in to it to prevent it when it isn't wanted.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I guess it would make sense to put this somewhere in the User's settings, but it would be convenient for a user to see a list of all channels that they're banned from chatting in. Channels can currently see all the users who are banned from chatting in their channel, but what about a list of channels that have banned the user from chatting in their chats. This would also make it easier to figure out which channels to speak to and try to get unbanned from.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There is no solid reason that in 2020 we do not have pronoun badges on Twitch!

Viewers and streamers alike would benefit tremendously. Viewers can relax knowing they will be far less likely to be misgendered by other viewers or the streamer. Streamers can seamlessly glance to the left of the chatters' name, especially seeing as usernames can be unclear.

Everyone from new strangers to valuable members of the community could enjoy this feature.

Better Visibility + Better Connections = Better Community.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When replying to users, an individual is required to remove their hand from the keyboard to the mouse to click on the message of the user.
    For a smoother replying experience, more in-line with the current practice of using '@', I would suggest offering '@@[user]' to reply to the thread containing the last message of that user. If there is no last message, this would default to '@' behaviour.
    This update would improve accessibility for users that have difficulty using a mouse and also facilitates ease-of-use for those without accessibility requirements. Overall I believe this would improve the utility of,…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a follow button to the in chat user interface. We now have the ability as a streamer or viewer to add friends, whisper, gift sub, see previous messages etc. but no ability to follow directly from chat. It would save multiple clips and the additional need of opening another tab. Personally I have other streamers come into my chat and I want to follow them right then while I'm live.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. You are currently capable of reviewing those deleted messages but most people are not interested in that and at least in my small audience i heard that they would love to have an option removing those "message deleted" messages entirely.
    Make it default perhaps?
    Mods and people that actually care about that (for honesty ... what reason...?) can turn it on in the settings.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Making the chat not lag so you don’t post something randomly in chat and so you can see the chat in real time instead of having to refresh the app because chat gets stuck causing you to miss out on replies and other comments

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sometimes we want both badges to appear (founder and subscriber badge). It could be nice if both can appear at the same time and specifically if founder looks like a flair on the main subscriber badge.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Twitch has imposed a 4,000 character limit for DMs. It would be extremely helpful if there was a counter with the composition window that showed a user how many remaining characters may be typed in a message before that limit is reached.

I learned of this limit the hard way; one time I clicked 'Send' on a message, only to get a screen with a red box across the top of it informing me my message had exceeded the character limit and my message hadn't been sent. Unfortunately, the text of that message was lost too.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One of my Twitch friends inadvertently blocked me. He would send me whispers, but I couldn't reply. Every time I attempted to reply, I would see the message "That user's settings prevent them from receiving this whisper." It would be helpful if a similar message was displayed for a Twitch user whispering someone he or she has blocked - "You're whispering someone whom you've blocked. That person is unable to whisper back to you."

Also, it seems as though blocking someone from whispering automatically blocks receiving a DM from them. In situations where someone was blocked inadvertently, it would be…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Users will be able to purchase emotes in an "Emote Shop". Streamers can choose how much to charge for each of their emotes. The user can purchase emotes from various streamers and will be charged monthly for a one lump sum per month, 3 months, 6 months, or unlimited time price. This will encourage revenue for streamers from people that don't want to pay the full subscription price. This will also make people want to collect emotes from different streamers. Perhaps a trophy system of some sort could be included with this system to encourage people to buy more emotes…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Yo, I think my emote would make a great replacement for PogChamp
    https://twitter.com/YerLocalSenpai/status/1347061751976583173/photo/1

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →