Chat/Messaging

Chat/Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be really nice if you guys could implement little mini-games that chat could play while watching the stream. It could be sort of like 'Marbles on stream' that chat could engage in. I feel like when the stream is taking a short break or if there are ads running on the stream, for people in chat to stay engaged with the stream, making little mini-games for them to play would be the best way to do it. It could be Pac-Man, Tic-Tac-Toe, Snake, Connect 4, Uno, 8-ball, and Breakout. You guys can even make your own little 'Marbles…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When many messages are being sent at the same time in the chat, you can't really scroll up to look at an emote name for example. The chat auto-locks back to the bottom, no matter how hard you scroll up. A feature to disable that auto-relock would be great I think, so we can scroll up manually, then we can go back to the bottom with the already existing button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I think the current in-chat voting poll system is great and gives viewers the opportunity to have a say. But right now it also gives you the ability to see the percentage and the number of people that have chosen said poll while the poll is still going on and henceforth could change other people's ideas that are yet to vote on the pole leaving the pole one-sided and biased based on other peoples votes. I believe that while the streamer is creating a pole there should be an option for them to turn on ☐ 'Anonymous polling' which wouldn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please note that in the mobile version of Twitch you can not turn off chat.
    The functions “chat only” or “only sound” are present.
    But there is no chat mute function.
    Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For example when the words "ban" "unban" or "moderator" are mentioned, more than likely the user is trying to reach out to the Moderators of the channel.
    In a similar approach, we can also track users of the last X amount of messages sent because the user may also be likely to be replying to a comment. If the content of the previous messages match what the user is typing, then they will likely tag that former person as well.

I see that a lot of ideas posted regarding chat are about improving this tagging experience, and what better way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding the username NOT handle of ppl in the chat room as I came from Facebook Live and ppl do not know each other by the handles they have. I know you guys are partnering with Soundcloud as well is it possible to add name known by to the handle?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Imagine being a moderator and timing someone out for 24 hours, and having the need to add more time to the timeout, or removing some time.

Instead of recalculating total time and converting in seconds (for those who write /timeout user duration, manually), the moderator could just write /timeout user +duration to add time, using the '+' sign, and same thing for /timeout user -duration to remove time.

Obviously removing time to a user who is not timed out would print out an error message, and adding time to a user who is not timed out, would just time the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When writing a blocked term, the user gets this message:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

When writing a long message, the user wouldn't be able to know which one of the words is blocked on the channel. And taking time to find out which word is blocked, and reformulating would be too complex.

The error message should print out the banned word(s) if the user entered one or more banned words, such as:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to your usage of the following blocked term(s): ....."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In chrome the embedded chat iframe simply displays 'failed to load module'.
    It works perfectly in Edge and Firefox.
    If I open the iframe src ('https://www.twitch.tv/embed/<channel>/chat) directly into a chrome tab - that works. It is only within the iframe that it fails to load.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Like how you can popout the stream into its own window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twitch streamers should have the ability to change the highlight color of the "highlight message channel points feature." This would be a setting that allowed full control over what color the highlight would be. If the highlight was a dark color, the text would be light and if the highlight was light, the text would be dark. This allows chat to look slightly different from stream to stream, allowing for a more unique look to chat. It's makes chat slightly more personalised to the streamers liking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Been with twitch since 2011, would be cool if some kind of Twitch ''founder'' badge would be implemented for early users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When switch to full screen mode, a small arrow will be placed on the right, which will push out the chat plate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add a way to see in a list or 2 lists to show who are subs and who are not so that you can see if you want to give subs to the community how many to give, so that you don't give more than can become subs,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom Nicknames in chat. Case in point, I play a character on a Dungeons and Dragons stream and I would love to have some sort of way for chat users to know who I am when I participate in chat without having to change my username which is part of my brand for my personal channel.

Even a Parenthesized custom spot for a nickname of the sort would be a great way to interact with fans in a more personalized way!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Que el comando /ban los expulse del chat y el directo, porque los streamsnipers por más que le den ban pueden seguir viendo el directo y si lo bloqueamos tiene que ser echado del stream para que no siga snipeando

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I always listen and watch my favorite streamer on twitch. He allows people to spam his chat. it's very annoying. I wish Twitch would make a way for people to silence chat while still be able to listen to the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?