Chat/Messaging

Chat/Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On popular streamers you should be able to filter out all the garbage messages = minimum X unique words to pass and if >X words they also need to be mostly unique (except !!!!! maybe)... twitch is wasting bandwidth with spam messages. You don't need AI for this feature, don't over-engineer it. X is configurable.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The emote menu only shows up to 3 unlockable bit emotes, when it should show all of them, just as it does for the tier'd emotes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can we get a personal pause or slow mode button? In some of the channels I follow chat goes by so fast that I can't even see my own posts before they disappear and when I scroll up of course that does nothing because every new message resets the chat to the bottom.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A way to see live channels you manage as an editor easier, current live channels appear at the top and a search bar to find specific channels easier.

As a person who moderates, run ads and helps streamers. This feature would be really useful to find the specific channel easier than scrolling through all of them. This could be similar to twitch.tv/moderators where it shows the current live channels first, then the offline channels after. The search bar would also be useful to find offline channels easier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat bots are intended for a channel owner to engage and moderate THEIR chat and channel. It is inappropriate, unwelcome, and absolutely NOT HARMLESS. You would NEVER in your right mind allow some stranger (or their spy cam and mic) to lurk unwelcome in your home.

Chatbots should not have the same account-like status as real people. They should be restricted to their owner's channel and chat completely via implementation. They should not be permitted to roam freely.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Honestly, it's a bit hard to think of legitimate reasons why someone is in your chat, but not engaged with your content on any level at all.

At the very least, content creators should have that option available to them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When buying things with channel points, it would be nice if the message for whatever (Example: you bought a poll suggestion with the points) was more visible so that it didn't blend in with the rest of the chat.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Exactly as above, Make a mobile StreamDeck for Twitch Studio

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give users chat timers. Allow free users to send a chat once per 30 sec or a minute. sub users have shorter chat timer. I just joined Twitch, and the chat is so broken. 99% of chats are lost in the crowd.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you are timed out in chat for something like spamming one too many emotes or too many characters in chat and the bots give you 2-10 minute timeout, you are unable to clip anything from the channel whatsoever. I think that is very unfair because when you want to clip something but have 5 minutes left in the ban it's very infuriating. I can see if someone permabanned you from chat, that would make sense why you wouldn't be able to clip anything but even that's a bit harsh. Why let the viewer watch if you won't even let…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be really nice if you guys could implement little mini-games that chat could play while watching the stream. It could be sort of like 'Marbles on stream' that chat could engage in. I feel like when the stream is taking a short break or if there are ads running on the stream, for people in chat to stay engaged with the stream, making little mini-games for them to play would be the best way to do it. It could be Pac-Man, Tic-Tac-Toe, Snake, Connect 4, Uno, 8-ball, and Breakout. You guys can even make your own little 'Marbles…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When many messages are being sent at the same time in the chat, you can't really scroll up to look at an emote name for example. The chat auto-locks back to the bottom, no matter how hard you scroll up. A feature to disable that auto-relock would be great I think, so we can scroll up manually, then we can go back to the bottom with the already existing button.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I think the current in-chat voting poll system is great and gives viewers the opportunity to have a say. But right now it also gives you the ability to see the percentage and the number of people that have chosen said poll while the poll is still going on and henceforth could change other people's ideas that are yet to vote on the pole leaving the pole one-sided and biased based on other peoples votes. I believe that while the streamer is creating a pole there should be an option for them to turn on ☐ 'Anonymous polling' which wouldn't…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please note that in the mobile version of Twitch you can not turn off chat.
    The functions “chat only” or “only sound” are present.
    But there is no chat mute function.
    Why?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For example when the words "ban" "unban" or "moderator" are mentioned, more than likely the user is trying to reach out to the Moderators of the channel.
    In a similar approach, we can also track users of the last X amount of messages sent because the user may also be likely to be replying to a comment. If the content of the previous messages match what the user is typing, then they will likely tag that former person as well.

I see that a lot of ideas posted regarding chat are about improving this tagging experience, and what better way…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding the username NOT handle of ppl in the chat room as I came from Facebook Live and ppl do not know each other by the handles they have. I know you guys are partnering with Soundcloud as well is it possible to add name known by to the handle?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Imagine being a moderator and timing someone out for 24 hours, and having the need to add more time to the timeout, or removing some time.

Instead of recalculating total time and converting in seconds (for those who write /timeout user duration, manually), the moderator could just write /timeout user +duration to add time, using the '+' sign, and same thing for /timeout user -duration to remove time.

Obviously removing time to a user who is not timed out would print out an error message, and adding time to a user who is not timed out, would just time the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When writing a blocked term, the user gets this message:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

When writing a long message, the user wouldn't be able to know which one of the words is blocked on the channel. And taking time to find out which word is blocked, and reformulating would be too complex.

The error message should print out the banned word(s) if the user entered one or more banned words, such as:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to your usage of the following blocked term(s): ....."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In chrome the embedded chat iframe simply displays 'failed to load module'.
    It works perfectly in Edge and Firefox.
    If I open the iframe src ('https://www.twitch.tv/embed/<channel>/chat) directly into a chrome tab - that works. It is only within the iframe that it fails to load.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?