Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

970 results found

1. a badge that's meant to be only for your bot which would be a purple background with a robot head and somewhere in you settings maybe under profile or connections your could type your bot's username and then whenever your bot spoke in chat it would have said badge next to its name

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Having to open the user list to see how many mods are there—digitally if not mentally—all the time is way too much hassle.

Can’t we show channel staff (not regular users because of privacy) a number for the passive mods and active mods so people know whether to ask more to come by and keep things cordial?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Because it gets on the bottom right of the video.

P.S: Not when it's opened but when it's closed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a new "Raid message" field as part of the "Edit Stream Info" area. If filled out and saved, activate a new button on the landing page for the raided streamer so that raiders can click it to paste the message into chat and immediately send it with one tap. Include this button for the streamer as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Twitch just updated the ps4 console app and now chat isn't accessible to those who don't buy smartphones! Super good! Thanks Twitch!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd request a feature as following:
    Remove the VIP status of a user if this user gets a ban.

Sometimes VIPs change and they need to get banned. So it would be helpful to represent that people who violate rules might loose their vip badge.

This feature would enable mods to remove the VIP badge from users, which would be really helpful and much more easier to do in general.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The idea would be whisper messages delete like snapchat.

Currently users can be baited into whispers from people in their chat who "want to help" if there's some sort of issue.

They then have your username in their whispers regardless of blocking.

So if you experience trolling, harassment or stream sniping this is still very doable regardless of blocking. Any username change appears as if they are unblocked.

After sending a messaged to support I received the typical response and directed to managing harassment.

Again i point to the above...Even if you block someone and change your name it's still…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I do not own a cellphone. I have been on Twitch over 12 years and this new safety feature effectively made it so that I cannot post a whisper to anyone. I think users should be able to have an option to click that enables recieving all whispers from the user they select.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding new features that punish backseating is shortsighted and ignores that many users simply don't know better yet and would behave differently if they knew. A non-punitive, private reminder popup about backseating should be issuable to individual chat users or to the entire chat as a reminder. To describe the rationale more fully, here's a breakdown of the problem and a proposed solution.

Problems:

1- Many users don't know what backseating is, or do not completely know every behavior the term covers. Many users simply engage the chat and only discover later that what they said constitutes a backseating problem.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I get it We Love our big streamers and partnered people.

That Hype Chat should be focused on our small streamers who are working day in they out to get partnered etc. it's a good incentive for them.

Some of these smaller streamers are creating amazing content and for some reason, it's always the bigger one getting promoted.

The Hype Chat should also have better integration with the other products.

Let the viewers have control over how much they want to give. it doesn't make sense that the streamers can set a minimum for this feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow streamers to make a poll ranked-choice, allowing viewers to order the options instead of for one option. This not only will allow streamer to better gauge viewer opinions, but can also allows viewers to not be so split when they don't actually feel split.
    Commands still work, a new command for polling with this can be made. For voting, instead of /vote 3, you can do /vote 3 1 2 4.
    Boosting votes also works as it does now.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Chat with Twitch and Xbox Series S should have an option of being able to use a controller or use a phone, and you should explain it well to people that don't know how to use a controller and/or a phone. Maybe a window should pop up letting us know that we have the ability to change to phone or controller in the settings or have Twitch open automatically when that option is available. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Brief description

I just tried to /shoutout a streamer with a Korean display name. I used "/shoutout juliday97" in the chat window, and viewers got an unusable link, both for going to the channel and for following.

How to reproduce

Use /shoutout with any streamer whose display name is just a different capitalization of their user name.

Expected behavior

I would have expected working links. :P

~~

From a mispost in the developer issue tracker https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/683

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Für die Modansicht, bei Benutzer im Chat unter der Kategorie Moderatoren: kann man dort ein Feature einbauen, in dem die mods sich gegenseitig zeigen können durch anklicken von einem Button ab sie aktiv oder passiv im Stream sind? ich dachte daran wie halt an einen grünen Hacken für aktiv und rotes Kreuz für passiv, und für eingestellte bots nochmal ein anderes zeichen. Man sollte aber die anderen Mods den Status nich ändern können sondern nur seinen eigenen

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I’d like to propose an improvement upon the recently introduced accessibility badges, the ones indicating if a viewer can only (partially) hear or see a broadcast.

User experience and in extend accessibility is there to remove cognitive friction while using an product or service. Accessibility features are for everyone, not just the people that rely on them.

Everyone profits from accessibility features, but for people to experience them they need to be discoverable. So I’d like to propose the following:

Add the option to automatically switch on/off audio-only badge, if it isn’t set by default, when a user consumes a…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There are times when I need to get my streamer's attention as a moderator but it's difficult to do when they're not looking at the chat. It would be great if mods could give some kind of sound notification, like a small "ding" or something the streamer chooses, so the streamer knows their attention is needed when they're able to look at chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My reasoning behind this is that a sword implies offense, as oppose to what mods actually do, which is mostly protect the communities they are apart of. I think this fits better with how Twitch and mods in general feel about their duty.

Suggestions and feedback welcome. :D

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The amount of time people have been subbed is pretty common to be found, but I also think it'd be cool if you could see how long somebody has been a VIP, mod, founder, etc. This could be optional to the streamer and/or the person in question (via the current chat settings where the displayed badges are).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can you please make replies in mobiles, it would really be easier to use twitch and easier to talk in chat because i ha e been really struggling on who’s talking to me in chat because when you reply in a computer it doesn’t show in mobile. so can you please add replies in mobile just like in an computer or a pc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Much like the Founder badge of a channel, Twitch should implement a badge for the first 10 followers for Affiliate channel and then upgrade it to 50 followers if a channel becomes a Partner. I think this should be made since it can show someone's support of a channel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?