Chat/Messaging

1. only one account per viewer

i'm a moderator and a streamer and i have seen rude viewers who call streamers names and moderators i do ban them but they just keep coming back to the stream were i'm a mod so what's the point so i suggest one account per viewer to make sure they are band

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. streamers badge

it would be a great idea if we streamers have a badge wen we chat to other streamers and also it would help streamers quite a lot when viewers see our badge

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give streamers an option to disallow the usage of clipboard in chat.

People rapidly copy-pasting their (and each other's) messages are a major source of spam which gives the Twitch community a bad name. Technically, it's possible to block the usage of clipboard using javascript. Streamers should be allowed to enable this on their channel. The feature should be opt-in and optional for those streamers who want to encourage civilized discourse and already don't allow posting links in chat.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Streamers to ban the use of certain emotes in their chat

This would be very handy when chat is spamming a global emote nonstop and timing people out isn't helping

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable chat replay for videos

Some streamers have so much flooding/spam/trash in their chat that it slows down the browser and computer to the point it freezes.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Abilility to mark anyone in chat with a badge.

This could be a customizeable badge that only shows up locally (other users cant see it). There are a few ways this can be useful such as:

1. Being able to mark friends so you can see if they are chatting in the same room as you.

2. Tagging yourself so your own messages can be seen easier in screenshots.

3. Tagging the person you are chatting with in a busy channel so you can easily see their messages before they get buried under lines of spam. (Ablility to make it temporary maybe)

If you need to you can have…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Channel Option to completely block a chat message containing words on the banned words filter.

@pokimanelol suggested you guys add an option to completely block a message that contains one of the words on the channel's banned words filter, instead of replacing the word with **** or <message deleted> or something ? Just like with r9k mode or a chat with a chat delay they would get a message their word is on the banned word filter

Could even add an extra option to time out those people for 1-10 minutes for using those words.

For larger channels this could also prevent a lot of clutter in chat, cos the chatbots won't have to time…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save chat settings

Chat settings should be saved:
    1) Chat visibility (hidden) with viewer's account per streamer. Some streamers have so much flooding/spam/trash in their chat that it slows down the browser and computer to the point it freezes. So every time I visit the streamer's page, first thing I do is hide chat.

2) Time stamps and Dark mode saved globally (for all channels).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New Chat Badge for Time on Twitch

Good afternoon everyone!

I think it would be a neat feature for users to earn a chat badge for a specific amount of the time that they have been on Twitch.

In my opinion, a 5 year badge would be appropriate for this feature (i.e. If I created my account in 2011, I would earn a badge in 2016).

This would also be a great way of saying thank you to those who have been using the website for a while and motivate those to remain on Twitch.

Users should also be able to enable/disable the badge in their settings…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to ignore specific users in chat

These days there are more and more spammers in twitch chat which is irritating when anyone needs to ask the streamer/any other person any questions in chat.

Could you please add a feature to ignore a user in chat. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement as it can just be fixed on the client side by clicking the name of the user and selecting ignore. (A good example is Azubu.tv ).
    Ignored users can then be shown in a separate section in chat settings if you want to remove them from the ignore list later.

A side benefit of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Chat cache all that is said during that stream.

Example: If I am in a channel and then move from desktop to phone app after loading channel in the phone app I am presented with a fresh clear chat. The feature that could be added is where even if I move from desktop to phone app and still going back to the channel. I should be able to see all the conversations and chat logs that occurred during the move from desktop to phone app.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Team Emotes

I think it would be really nice if stream teams could have access to an official team emote that only members of the stream team can use in any chat to support the team and help promote the team.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix "Opt out of globally banned words filter"

There is a checkbox in "Channel & Videos" tab of your channel settings, called "Opt out of globally banned words filter".

I had it enabled since I started streaming a month ago. And today I discovered, that it does not work - some words, like "tranny" for example, are still replaces with asterisks to everyone else in chat. I was disappointed.

I despise any form of censorship. When I come to other streams and I see their chat rules "Be nice, no spam..." - I respect the rules. Its their choice. Why can't Twitch respect my own choice to treat…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Require new users to verify their accounts with a phone number (anti-troll)

This is another anti-troll feature to combat trolls who evade chat bans by just creating new accounts. Whenever new users sign up for an account, they have to verify their account with a phone number, much like how Gmail and Hotmail verify new accounts. Each phone number can only be used to verify an address X times per year (for example, 3 per year).

This will make it harder for trolls to constantly create new accounts to evade chat bans. You can even give broadcasters the option of preventing people who haven't verified their accounts with a phone number from…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable whispers from chat-banned users

I frequent a twitch channel that has been harassed by a troll persistently for the past 2-3 months. This troll has been evading chat bans by creating multiple accounts.

Recently, when the troll is banned from the chat, he's begun to use the tactic of whispering to other people in the chat room in order to harass them...some of these viewers are even foolish enough to pass on insults from the troll to the broadcaster.

The channel regulars know better than to respond to this troll, and ignore him, but the fact that the troll can still whisper other viewers…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restricted mode for chat

A possible idea that would be beneficial to both Twitch and their (popular) streamers is a 'restricted' mode for chat; it’d work the same as sub-only mode, but also include former subscribers and current turbo users. The benefits would include:

* Strong incentive for viewers to purchase Turbo. Those who have Turbo would be able to talk in any chat with restricted mode on.
    * Streamers who like to interact with their chat, but have sub-only mode enabled to keep it from moving too quickly, could use this instead.
    * Great incentive for viewers to subscribe to a channel with…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give an option to remove "deleted messages" from view entirely.

You are currently capable of reviewing those deleted messages but most people are not interested in that and at least in my small audience i heard that they would love to have an option removing those "message deleted" messages entirely.
    Make it default perhaps?
    Mods and people that actually care about that (for honesty ... what reason...?) can turn it on in the settings.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IP Ban Option for Streamers

Streamers should be allowed to IP ban a user from their channel. This will prevent people from making Multiple accounts just to troll and harass people. I know about the Verify email to speak option but that isn't stopping people. /ipban Usuername

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. View twitch chat in VODS

Hello, I believe a better suggestion would be for viewers to be able to see the twitch chat while watching vods.

I belive what makes twitch, twitch, and not something like youtube, is be able to see and participate in chat.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base