Chat/Messaging

1. use notice for bots or for all users

use notice for bots or for all users, it would not be bad, because sometimes people triggers a bot and thereby flood the chat, adding standard functionality IRC would fix this problem, and it would add to bots more opportunities to notify users of something without showing the rest any messages

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. loosen up a little

I'm objecting to the "No Complaining" rule on the Rifftrax chat. What's that about? It's a form of free speech; as long as nobody's promoting dangerous and/or illegal behavior, what's wrong with a little griping? It's a good way to relieve stress.
    Also, could some of the moderators ease up a bit? Honestly, you'd think they'd never heard of sarcasm before.
    I don't mind having rules, it keeps out trolls and other bad types, but come on....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to disable chat on iOS.

Chat causes lag on my old iPad, did not have this problem in old version of twitch app. Please give the option to turn off chat not just minimise it.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recent chat history

As a few channels moderator, if i need to refresh the page i'll loose all the chat messages. It would be great to reload lastest messages at least for mods and channels owners after refreshing

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. closed room with access to invite

closed room with access to invite, there are already rooms for subscribers, and moderators, but I want to be able to make a channel, or several, closed ones, and invite people there, by invites
    PS for example for games like mafia where every group has its own channels, for communication at night

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Temporarly disable follower only chat mode during raids.

It would be nice to have an option to temporarily disable follower only chat mode during a raid from another channel, with an option to set how many minutes follower only would be disabled. Or have twitch chat recognize who came over from the raid, and allow them to chat despite follower only mode being active.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Check user message history

In streams where there can be as many as 10,000 people in one channel, chat at times can be difficult to moderate with so many messages being sent and keep track of user's behaviour. It would be helpful if mods or the streamer could click on a specific username in chat and see their message history. At times it may not be just for one message that may be ban worthy, but just for their attitude i.e. XxReApErxX has only ever chatted to comment on the streamer's bad gameplay. While one message may not be ban-worthy, if this was all…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GIVE US BACK CURSE

I do not l ike being forced to join.. I hate twitch and its invasive these bastards gave me the name of my toon

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Place chat window below video.

It would be helpful for using Twitch in a portrait mode to allow chat to occupy the bottom of the screen. Often while using Twitch I like to snap the window to half of the display, and use the other half for other tasks.

Right now I have to pop-out the chat, which is a little clunky.

In addition, it would be handy if the divide between the video and the chat was resizeable, so I could make chat bigger or smaller, and have the video automatically resize.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delete whisper messages

I think it would be good if you can delete your whisper messages.

80 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a notification sound for new messages in chat that plays when you are tabbed out.

Add ability to turn on a notification sound for new messages in channels you are in, but you are tabbed out. It could be set to: notify about every message, notify about friend message, do not notify about new messages. The sound could be a simple *BLIP* sound.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Spoiler tagging

I would love to see a way to conceal spoilers in the chat. That way mods don't have to struggle as hard to police them in blind streams, and chatters aren't as limited on what they talk about when in a stream with a blind streamer.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. IP Ban from channel

IP Ban makes it possible to permanently ban a user with the same IP Address, thus not allowing them to crate other account to try and troll/spam, etc.

73 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous responded

This poses a couple of hard problems. We’ll look for feedback on these points in comments before declining.

1) IPs change. A lot. A broadcaster might lose a significant portion of their audience, and viewers might get confused if there are a lot of banned IPs (such as universities).

2) System load. Looking up a enormous list of IPs to see who is allowed to watch on every single video play is an enormous system load I’m not sure we’re willing to take on.

3) Support costs. “Why can’t I watch X/Y/Z, I don’t know who they are” would come up. Our support isn’t free, and we’d like to be able to focus on issues like passwords, bugs, etc.

14. Give channels the ability to ban all recently created accounts from chatting in their channel

This is similar to the idea of banning abusive troll users at a certain IP address, https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat-messaging/suggestions/7956255-ip-ban-from-channel.

In that request, a Twitch dev gave the following reasons for why such a ban would be hard to implement:

> 1. IPs change. A lot. A broadcaster might lose a significant portion of their audience, and viewers might get confused if there are a lot of banned IPs (such as universities).
    >
    > 2. System load. Looking up a enormous list of IPs to see who is allowed to watch on every single video play is an enormous system load I’m…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Include a timer on the dashboard to show how long a host has been active

Pretty self explanatory - on the dashboard for a user, where it displays "Currently hosting X", include a timer for how long the current host has been on. Apart from helping to not exceed the limit of three hosts per half hour, it would be useful for me to know how long a channel has been hosted, to determine whether or not to choose a new channel to host. Thanks!

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Apply the longest duration timeout rather than overriding the previous.

It is a common occurrence for moderators to judge transgressions differently from each other, or from the broadcaster, and apply different timeout lengths. I feel moderators could benefit from having the timeout duration for the specified user not overridden by subsequent timeouts, but rather have a notice given to the mods specifying the remaining timeout for that person.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let users see a list of channels they're banned from chatting in.

I guess it would make sense to put this somewhere in the User's settings, but it would be convenient for a user to see a list of all channels that they're banned from chatting in. Channels can currently see all the users who are banned from chatting in their channel, but what about a list of channels that have banned the user from chatting in their chats. This would also make it easier to figure out which channels to speak to and try to get unbanned from.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add option to close chat on mobile

Because it's only available on PC and sometimes I prefer to close it when watching certain channels.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rework/redesign Chatter List with options of what to show/not show.

With recent outcries against the innocuous "lurk bots" being seen in the chatter list I had the thought that it may be time to rework the list functionality a bit and provide some options to the broadcaster of what is shown in that list.

This would help the broadcaster (and others looking at the list) to see what they want to see, without unnecessary information that may not be helpful overall.

I suggest the following changes:
    * Full rework of the list in functionality and use.
    * Offer options in settings on the type of data that is displayed.
    *…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base