Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. Add a button to LIKE a comment in chat. Add a little icon and number if a comment gets more likes. This makes it easy to see a good comment. (or change background color for a comments with likes)
    Possibly, if a comment gets more than X LIKES, auto pin this comment for like 1 minute for visibility.
    Good comments should be easily seen and interaction would be easy like this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi, currently after a string reaches the limit. chat input-editor wraps the text into the next line, However if you try to input white space into the text box, after a limit it will displace the left side nav-bar into the void making nav-bar less accessible.
    It might be a corner case but please have a look.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Instead of putting a different setting for every channel, why is it not just an option that either: I want to see bits, I want to see gifts, or I want to see the new interaction history thing, and nothing should change what we see other than ourselves. Not predictions, not whatever the channel sets it to. Either make it so our setting stays, or make it so that we can turn off the leaderboards entirely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PLEASE make a feature to search whispers for keywords. Whispers are so hard to go through currently. This feature would be especially useful for mods if they're trying to find whispers from someone regarding a certain chatter being rude/disrespectful/etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. twitch is removing the @ function to tag people in raids and shout outs and PUT IT BACK!!!! as a dylsexic person, i find the removal of this feature ableist and i have seen it result in several raids to the wrong channel.
    please stop making it harder for moderators?! we do a lot of work for free because it's fun, stop making it suck.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

Could you please clarify where you derived this information? How was it removed/when and when was it restored?

I may be misunderstanding, but the mention feature requires the user to already be in chat when trying to use @ in conjunction with the command. With that logic, is the ask here that the mention feature work to suggest user that you would like to raid on behalf of the streamer (even if they are not currently in the chat of the channel you're in)? Or is there also an issue that the you cannot use /command @user when they are present in the chat (as a part of a raid) of the channel you're moderating in? Thanks for clariying!

6. Chat with Twitch and Xbox Series S should have an option of being able to use a controller or use a phone, and you should explain it well to people that don't know how to use a controller and/or a phone. Maybe a window should pop up letting us know that we have the ability to change to phone or controller in the settings or have Twitch open automatically when that option is available. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am a recent sub to Turbo and notice that the chat turbo icon/id isn't the default when in a chat stream. I have to manually set it for each stream I visit. Is there a way to make it a cross stream default

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bring back the /chatters command so I can see how many active chatters are in a chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My channel has a problem with viewers that have alt accounts voting in the polls I create on my channel.

An option to see who participates in each poll seems like it might help with such a problem, either by outing these random accounts or by dissuading viewers from voting with alt accounts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. -Users that don't have a verified account can only watch the stream
    -Verified users with phone/email verification (if possible make it both) will be allowed to chat or whisper

This is to avoid trolls to make new accounts easily to harass streamers, it wouldn't really stop them but it will take them time to create new accounts and maybe they will just get exhausted (prayge).

It might also become a hassle for viewers with make and verify their account, but I know they will appreciate Twitch if they know that you are also protecting their favorite streamer.

I had seen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be really useful if there was an option to hide the live results of a poll, till the timer runs out.

We use polls alot during stream to have the chat decide what they would like the streamer to do next, but a number of users like to wait till the last few seconds and vote just to make the poll come out 50/50, because they think its hilarious but it really ruins the vibe the streamer is going for.

It would be amazing if there was a "hide live results" setting on the poll itself. Once the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We’re testing more ways to make it easier for creators to recognize new and returning viewers in chat with additional chat highlights for Mentions, Mods, and Subs. You can toggle individual highlights on or off to focus on a specific type of viewer you want to recognize, like highlighting important messages from your mods or showing love to your subs.

These highlights will not be visible to viewers in chat.

Note: This feature is a limited experiment and we will monitor feedback before deciding to make these highlights more widely available. You may see additional highlight options as we experiment…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Danky responded

Hey everyone! Wanted to give you all an exciting update: The Raider Chat Highlight is now live to all streamers. You can adjust in your Chat Highlight settings how long raiders will be highlighted for in chat (5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, and 4 hours). Learn more here!

What other Chat Highlights would you like to see added? Let us know what you think of this update in the comments below!

13. Hey, would like it if the message that the shoutout command posts in the chat was costumizable and also had the option of showing the last game (or maybe even the last 2 or 3 games) that the person being shouted out played. I feel like most people would use the /shoutout and !so together unless these two things gets added

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A chat badge next to users who you follow and they follow you back would be cool, I think. It should only be visible to you but across every chat.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For people who don't use it anyway, it's kinda annoying and easy to missclick

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow us to pin emotes or a creator (or ourselves) to the top of the emote selector. I sub to a bunch of channels and sometimes I have to search a while to find my own emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Leaderboards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A special global anniversary badge for user they use twitch for example 5 years or 10 years, 15 years. So its easy to identify experienced twitch user.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch staff here. A streamer mentioned they'd love if there would be an option to have whispers from their Mods to appear in their chat and be highlighted. The streamer mentioned they use pop-out chat and primarily uses the chat of engagement, and this would help them keep the flow of their stream without having to pause and click through the Whispers window to see specific messages.

In addition, maybe add an option for everyone to toggle having whispers mirrored to a chat if they are watching a stream with the @USERNAME and a notice it is a whisper. Just…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the stream I mod, we are using the chat restriction feature to prevent trolls from spamming messages. In some case where we see the troll is spamming even if they are in chat restriction mode, we take further action to permanently ban. But since chat history of chat-restricted user appears not being logged, other mods / streamer cannot see the context of ban.

Can we make the chat history of chat-restricted users logged? I'm pretty sure there will be many other scenarios the chat log is going to be helpful for moderating the chat.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?